[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sea said:
zaji1911 said:
Sea said:
I have a lot of money  , 1000+ renown , 40 right to rule , 20 honour , i am a knight of the dragon , marshal of ravenstern , i have 2 castles , what should i do now ? My stats are really good my releations with noldor is good ( i finished their quests , i can see elecrai ) . Help please , must i create my kingdom , if the answer is yes , how should i start ?
How much money exactly? For starting your own kingdom, you should have at least 500k, though personally I prefer to start with at least 1000k just in case.

1000+ renown is not much at all. When starting your own kingdom, you need to be able to field a very powerful army, so renown is a very important factor. You should really have at least 2500+, but again I like to go all the way so I usually don't start a kingdom until I have 5000+. Grinding renown is pretty easy once you and your companions become stronger. Simple enemies such as bandit parties or vanskerries can give upwards of 20 renown per battle if you fight them with just you and your companions. You can also send your companions on missions to temporarily leave which makes gathering renown even easier (if you can manage to take out small parties on your own; A very simple task with a sapphire bow and a nice mount).

I'm still unsure whether RtR makes much of a difference or not. I've been hearing many people on these forums claiming it doesn't affect anything noteworthy.

That honor rating is appallingly poor. You should have far more than that this deep into the game. What evil things have you been doing to the poor villagers? Seriously though, honor is extremely important for two reasons: It increases your relation with all good lords (the only ones that matter), and it reduces the prestige cost of honor troops (troops from an owned KHO). You should always be trying to increase honor, by clearing bandits from a village (and not accepting their supplies) or taking the honorable route on certain quests (like sending a spy into a town) and any other ways you come across.

Two castles is a little low. You'll need many fiefs once you start your kingdom to be able to actually accept any lords. You should try taking a town for yourself now, while still vassal, then rebel while taking a second one. That should be enough to sate your lords (especially if some manage to grab some fiefs from their old lord before coming over to you).

As for personal/party stats, the skills you need as king are engineer, leadership and optionally persuasion (useful for recruiting lords if you don't like the usual PoP recruitment method i.e. cheatmode). Other than those, just get whatever was best before you became a king.

Relations (not with Noldor, but with main faction lords) is one of the most important parts of becoming a king. It is an absolute requirement in order to recruit and maintain lords. Daeghan gave good advice on this, listen to him.

And finally, the most important thing you'll need is patience. Becoming a king without knowing exactly what you're doing can be very stressful and you'll often find yourself wishing you could go back to the care-free days of vassalship/mercenary work. Make sure you are certain you want to become a king before even attempting it.

Thanks but i didnt raid any village.Also idk how to earn 5000 renown,  you talked bout vanskerries but they are just 30ish guy at groups ( sorry for bad english) ,  finally,  you mean my point must be gaining honour and renown ah also i am at date 546,  is it late?  thanks for all answers guys

If your at day 546 with 1000 renown, it sounds like you're playing very cautiously. That's not a bad thing, but it just means it will take you longer to get to the point where its safe to declare yourself king. Realize that once you start your kingdom, you'll have to fight off at least one entire faction singlehandedly until you can recruit enough lords to help you, so you'll need high renown to be able to field a big army of elites capable of fighting off enemy marshal stacks on your own and lots and lots of money to pay them.

The best way to get renown and loot fast is to fight larger armies than your own. You can do that with just you and your companions by picking on smallish bandit parties. Vanskerries are a good target because with bands of 30-40 guys, they're tough but manageable for you and your dozen companions. You'll get good loot and renown for being outnumbered and there's not too much risk, since the worst that happens is you get taken prisoner and have to go track down your companions again.

However, if you're like me and can't resist collecting elite soldiers, then you'll usually be running near full capacity, in which case you need to go after bigger fish like the larger lord armies. An army of mostly top-tier units should be able to destroy enemies twice its size without too many losses. If you've got a good core of KO troops or Hero Adventurers you can take on armies 3x your size, and those kinds of battles can get you ~100 renoun a pop. Plus you'll be capturing lots of lords who you can release for the Honor points.  And if you get in a situation where you've bitten off more than you can chew, you can usually tab out and leave the battle without losing your whole army.

So in a nutshell, my advice is to be a little more aggressive and take more chances and the renown will basically take care of itself.

Serazu said:
Ulticane said:
I was fighting the D'Shar and one of my Lords took 2 of them prisoner. I just defeated the D'Shar, and those 2 Lords switched to my side. The problem is... they are still in my Vassal's dungeons and I have no idea how to get them out since I can't break them out. Is there any way I can tell my vassal to release them or something?

Have you tried talking to them inside the dungeon?
Yes, I don't get any option to release them. Though I did accept their oath of fealty.

I am the marshal for my faction. I sent out an order for everyone to form up and follow me into battle. When I left my town to go on teh attack, i noticed a war party had formed from the Order i had formed. I cant give them an order to go away. How do i get rid of them?

Montavious said:
I am the marshal for my faction. I sent out an order for everyone to form up and follow me into battle. When I left my town to go on teh attack, i noticed a war party had formed from the Order i had formed. I cant give them an order to go away. How do i get rid of them?

You can't give them direct orders, they just follow you around and aggro on everything they see, that is hostile to their (your) faction. They'll go away after a week or so, if I am not wrong.

Madman666 said:
Montavious said:

You can't give them direct orders, they just follow you around and aggro on everything they see, that is hostile to their (your) faction. They'll go away after a week or so, if I am not wrong.
But other marshals can give a direct order.
I think player should have that right too, hope dev can do that in 3.8.5.
Ps:
Usrla can get help from falcon as well other kingdom can get help from their order.
I think the character with "a lettle" need to have the ability to get help from order of Griffin too, lore-wise and awesome.

I hate being 'that' person. But I'm just very paranoid about these things. How do I check I run the 'latest' version of the mod? Not just 3.8 but 3.8.4 specifically?

Liati said:
I hate being 'that' person. But I'm just very paranoid about these things. How do I check I run the 'latest' version of the mod? Not just 1.8 but 1.8.4 specifically?
Look into changelog what was fixed:
-Fixed Fierdsvain berserker armor/body - put gloves on, they should fit.
-Removed azure plate from Heroines Adventurers - check their inventory (editor in my signature).

k0nr@d said:
Liati said:
I hate being 'that' person. But I'm just very paranoid about these things. How do I check I run the 'latest' version of the mod? Not just 1.8 but 1.8.4 specifically?
Look into changelog what was fixed:
-Fixed Fierdsvain berserker armor/body - put gloves on, they should fit.
-Removed azure plate from Heroines Adventurers - check their inventory (editor in my signature).

Seems like everything is fine, thank you very much.

So another question. While I usually don't mind it, sometimes I'm getting really tired of companions complaining and leaving when something goes off. Back in 3.7 I used MBTweak to just deal with it, but now unsurprisingly it's not working anymore. Any way I can prevent them from leaving the party? Sometimes one just wanna chill

So what you can see from the picture is that I have maxed out some skills and running out of skillpoints, leveling up isn't really an option for me since it must require at least 20k more kills (equal to 5k noldors probably, they are the ones I kill mostly currently)
2MQn13l.jpg
I have 9 skillpoints left considering 3 already available and 6 (until INT reaches 63) by the help of Finneas and this
1N1VUNY.jpg
what would be your (preferably experienced and similar play-style players) suggestion to max-out a skill from the ones I haven't?
(For a player who only fights alone, obviously horse archer, no companions - we have separated a long time ago... I recruit two of them from time to time, Alyssa for path-finding and Riva for spotting and wound treatment)

Well, I don't know if I am qualified to offer my opinion, seeing our playstyle (not to mention play time per single run) differs vastly, but I'd definitely gone for max Tactics, Engineer and either Persuasion for 20 companions (not your choice since you travel with 2:smile: or Pathfinding (in your case you have int slave for it, but I'd still like to have it on me for bonus +4) for less annoyance in traveling with large parties. I usually also have spotting to compliment pathfinding for ultimate world map navigation, but having 10 on Diev is nearly as good.

PS. And here I thought my character had bull**** stats after ~3 ports)) Those sieges sure did good beefing you up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom