SP Fantasy Legacy of the Dragon (v1.13 released. Original Soundtrack, All Races Playable - High Fantasy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dimitris5050 said:
When i try to start a new game, it lags at loading map file and just crashes to desktop, anyone had something similar?

I was on the phone with Maglubiyet and he said it used to crash on him during loading when he alt tabbed, until he updated the driver's for his gfx card. Hope that helps :smile:

Dimitris5050 said:
When i try to start a new game, it lags at loading map file and just crashes to desktop, anyone had something similar?

I used to have this problem as well. However, I believe updating my video card driver fixed it. For me it had a 50% chance of happening when I alt-tabbed during the first loading screen. Not alt tabbing there or starting the game in windowed mod used to prevent that from happening.

I spent quite some time to troubleshoot this issue, if you check my post history you can see I asked twice about it on the forge however couldn't narrow it down and fix it. Regardless, I'm planning to get rid of this issue in the next release but I will need at least more than a week to figure it out as it doesn't happen for me or Cherralily anymore (we use different OS's). Until then I suggest you to use the workarounds I mentioned.

I believe it is related to me over/misusing certain shaders and material/texture flags. I'm planning to do a thorough study of those before the next release. If anyone ever had a similar problem with their mods before, please contact me.

Also this is the only crashing issue actually related to the mod as far as I know. Most other people reporting crashes are using older versions of Warband which LOTD doesn't support.

Strange, i never had such crash before, i play many different mods and i don't have any problems most of the time (at least no crashes). I guess i'll have to wait or something. Also, i have the most recent version, 1.174, so i don't think that's the issue.

Edit: Just redownloaded the mod, added that hotfix as well and it loaded fine. I guess, it could be some error during downloading? Not sure, but at least it works now.

Dimitris5050 said:
Strange, i never had such crash before, i play many different mods and i don't have any problems most of the time (at least no crashes). I guess i'll have to wait or something. Also, i have the most recent version, 1.174, so i don't think that's the issue.

Edit: Just redownloaded the mod, added that hotfix as well and it loaded fine. I guess, it could be some error during downloading? Not sure, but at least it works now.

No man, I wasn't saying that it was because your game isn't up to date. I encountered this crash at some point as well. And it pretty much only happened when I alt tabbed and came back during the first loading screen after you launch the game. I don't have this problem anymore but if anyone has it, start the game in windowed mode or don't alt tab during the first loading screen. You can also do as Dimitris did and reinstall the mod*. I will troubleshoot this issue and fix it when I get back (That being said, the mod is playable, as I see it this issue is rather rare).

I'm glad you got it working, I hope you enjoy the mod.

I won't be available to reply for the following few months. Cherralily will take note of your suggestions and bug reports and I will get to them once I'm back home.

And please keep in mind Legacy of the Dragon doesn't support versions of Warband lower than 1.172.

Another thing that i'd like to ask is, how can we raise undead/demons? I choosed my character to start as an mage apprentice and added some skill points in necromancy, although i don't know where's the option to raise them.

You need grimoire and points in necromancy to be able to summon undead. You can buy a grimoire in Skullzow.

To summon demons you need points in magic power and your honor should be less than -50.

Alright, thanks for the help!  :smile:. Also, there needs to be battle continuation.. Just because i get knocked out, doesn't mean i have to retreat. Most mods have that anyways.

Released a new version which includes fixes for merchant dialogue bugs, some new bandit groups and various other small changes. It isn't much different from the previous version regarding content.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/legacy-of-the-dragon/downloads/legacy-of-the-dragon-v039

Egads, a mod from Maglubiyet The High Chieftain, the Goblinoid god from the Forgotten Realms?  :shock:

Joking aside, this is a pretty sweet mod, it even reminds me of my favourite Tabletop game for unknown reasons. My only complaint is that I can't play my favourite DnD race, the Hobgoblin.

[bug report]
the info of magic weapons, those require magic power 1, shows they are 1-handed weapon, have only swing damage, but the animation/motion is 1-handed/2-handed weapon.

Just stated playing - very fun!  The choice not to add floris or diplomacy (etc) makes me a little nostalgic for base M&B.  I really like the magic implementation and world\stuff to discover.  Keep up the great work!

Hi,

Tried a few time to play this mod and i end always with the same thing, a crash while loading (the map apparently). I have my last Nvidia driver on my 1660 and the game is uptodate. (Using the steam version for warband since script extender is no more required and the mods workshop version, so it should be up to date too)

I don't really know what could possibly be missing it's the only mod that crash my game.

A bit more on my config, i'm still on windows 7 and use a Ryzen 2600 with 16gb memory.

Hi guys!
This mod was very interested in me, obviously he's very good)))
But I'm having trouble starting: "unable to open file: commonres/ccoop_extra_ui_textures.brf"
Can you tell me what to do, in this case? Maybe I just need to reinstall the mod?

(Windows 7)

Please help. Thank you in advance))))

phallicassortment said:
I've made some progress debugging an error that mac and linux users have found with the mod:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=306927.new#new

It's the same problem as found here:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1800248038/1640917196996115981/
Thanks, man, I really want to fix this but was having problems narrowing it down. Can you tell me what happens when you click play tutorial in main menu?

SMAW said:
Hi guys!
This mod was very interested in me, obviously he's very good)))
But I'm having trouble starting: "unable to open file: commonres/ccoop_extra_ui_textures.brf"
Can you tell me what to do, in this case? Maybe I just need to reinstall the mod?

(Windows 7)

Please help. Thank you in advance))))

Update your game to the latest version.

New version released: Download.

Changelog:

-Companion dialogs updated (all complete - no more "-to be filled-")
-Battle Continuation added. Battle no longer ends when you die (except for village raids and siege defenders sallying out).
-Broken siege scenes fixed
-Summoning undead and demons now decrease health and don't effect honor
-Summoned troops no longer cost upkeep
-Cleric spells now heal the user upon use
-Legendary items' stats increased
-Menu art overhaul
-New soundtrack
-New sounds for some non-humanoid races
-Texture errors showing up in rlg.log fixed
-A map error in Eastern Aejdaria fixed
-Flame clerics have their own separate spell set now.
-The problem with companions not being able to pass through the first gate in Mount Dhugor Dungeon is fixed.

and various other small fixes and changes.

This version is the last precursor to 1.0 (other than small hotfixes that might be released in following weeks).

0.397b Changelog
-Equipments, appearance and names of some NPCs altered
-Some town scenes changed
-Tournament bet limit raised to 1000 denars
-Added a new quest
-When landed the name of your ship will display as "Your Ship".
-Fixed the texture errors in rlg_log.txt
-New spells are added for flame clerics
-Yarasian NPC Overhaul
-Crowns now show in note window.

0.397 Changelog
-Fixed errors in some dialogues
-Fixed errors in Thornbreak Castle, Warlock's Lair and Mount Dhurok dungeon scene
-"Summon Death Knights" added to necromancy menu as a seperate spell than "Summon Undead V"
-Name changes to certain NPCs
-Caster companions now start with higher weapon skill
-Inventory Management is now a party skill
-Base attribute for Power Draw and Power Throw is changed to AGI.

0.393 Changelog
-Zarol the Lich now sells "Shadow Bolt II".
-Some wrong gender pronouns in strings fixed.
-"Summon Skeletal Horse" spell is fixed.
-Quick guide in Game Concepts updated.

0.39 Changelog
-Some troops (Undead Footmen, Undead Knights, Elven Knights, Asmaun and Gholbo (arena attendants) an spellcaster companions are some of them) had their stats and equipment updated.
-Prices of special items and troops nerfed. Now the most expensive armor and the highest tier of attack spells are only 20000 denars. It is still much, but those items are supposed to be rare and hard to get.
-Spellcasting classes (mage apprentice, cleric acolyte and bard) start with higher power throw.
-Summon Undead spells first summon the better troop now. So you won't lose your Undead Knights because you don't have enough party capacity.
-Fixed a bug in the dialogue lines of Lahabul armor merchant.
-Divine spells do blunt damage.
-Melee spells are boosted.
-A minor update to Lahabul scene.
-Added a quick guide to "Game Concepts".

Back
Top Bottom