Left/Right handed

Users who are viewing this thread

wo476

Recruit
Why there is no such a setting? As using crouching lance, there will be a huge difference for aiming

Moreover, using sword for fighting, blocking timing and skills will have changed

There is no such setting for the same reason there is no dual weilding, because it would require the left arm to have fighting animations.

Incaa said:
There is no such setting for the same reason there is no dual weilding, because it would require the left arm to have fighting animations.

but for crouching lance, aiming side will be difference

I think it would have a more profound effect on mounted archers, particularly enemy ones as the AI doesn't seem to take advantage of the archer's blind spot.

If you're up against mounted archers like the khergit or steppe, you can maneouvre round so that you're on their right, and they'll be unable to touch you unless they swiitch to melee.  If, however, there were one among them who turned out to be left handed, you could be in for a nasty surprise.

It'd also mean that the left handed one would probably peel off to your right while his friends went to the left, and so they'd be quite an effective force if you don't pre-empt them.

Here's another idea: Allow archers to shoot from either hand, applying a powerdraw penalty when shooting from the non-preferred one.

Sordid Sinister said:
Here's another idea: Allow archers to shoot from either hand, applying a powerdraw penalty when shooting from the non-preferred one.

I wondered who would say that first.  Makes sense, though.

We are also forgetting that this should be in the suggestions forum. It's a suggestion, albeit a silly one. We do not need a left/right hand toggle and even if it was possible to animate the left hand who would really care ? Honestly.

Incaa said:
We are also forgetting that this should be in the suggestions forum. It's a suggestion, albeit a silly one. We do not need a left/right hand toggle and even if it was possible to animate the left hand who would really care ? Honestly.
Being a mounted archer and a proponent of common sense, I care.

Rathyr said:
I disagree on the grounds that it is too low on the list of Things to Do.
Thankyou Raythr. See everyone doesnt have to react negitivly to everything I say. Just let me have my say and I let you have yours.

Left/Right hand Toggle isnt really important enough to be worth the coding it would involve. The left hand has limited animation. If This option was possible I would want dual wielding.

I sugested this a lot of time ago, but wasn't aplied. I like this sugestion, and I think should be easy to improve.
You should make it a poll.

In the middle ages left-handedness was trained out. It was considered a sign of evil to be left-handed. So I doubt people would have used their left hand. Also, the shield is always held in the left hand because the heart is situated to te left.

Hræfn said:
In the middle ages left-handedness was trained out. It was considered a sign of evil to be left-handed.
Only by those insane Christians, IIRC. I'm sure plenty of other cultures tolerated left-handedness, as the Europeans did until they were Christianised.

Hræfn said:
Also, the shield is always held in the left hand because the heart is situated to te left.

Actually the heart is pretty much dead centre but it feels as if it's to the left because the left ventricle is much stronger than the right ventricle.

But then again people didn't have a complete understanding of the human anatomy back then so your point still stands.

No, it doesn't. A blow coming from the right can still puncture the heart. Also, IIRC the Vikings were taught to hit in the centre to get the heart (so they were hitting the right ventricle i think).

Well the point is that even if we could work left handedness into the game this is not a useful enough change to be taken seriously. Argue All you want, Call me a "Noob" or whatever you wish but I stand by my Opinion.

It is, because left-handed attack animations could be reused for other wanted additional features including dual wielding, also some forms of secondary attacks. If there were no other uses for them then they'd be probably be more toruble than they're worth, but ehre Armagan can hit several birds with one stone.

Back
Top Bottom