Left handed combat ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we get left-handed weapons? I swear so many fights devolve into both teams flanking teammates from the right and trying to stay to the left of the enemy. feels like I'm playing ring around the Rosie. A lot of players just seem to forget about the thrust and overhead chop altogether because the right swing is an easier hit compared to the other attacks. The ability to switch the dominant hand would balance the game out and make battles seem less silly.

- I'm not a programmer, how hard would it be to have a character build option for Right/Left-handedness?

This would be good in singleplayer too just for variety.

Can we get left-handed weapons? I swear so many fights devolve into both teams flanking teammates from the right and trying to stay to the left of the enemy. feels like I'm playing ring around the Rosie. A lot of players just seem to forget about the thrust and overhead chop altogether because the right swing is an easier hit compared to the other attacks. The ability to switch the dominant hand would balance the game out and make battles seem less silly.

- I'm not a programmer, how hard would it be to have a character build option for Right/Left-handedness?

I would really love this. It should be in the game from day 1. The south-paw! Please make it happen!

I write with left hand and kick a ball with my right foot. I use right hand setup for keyboard and mouse. When I swing a stick, I use right hand. I play left hand drums on a right hand kit. Im messed up lol

I would totally prefer the south-paw in M&B!

I think that the fact that people tend to sideswing is not a left/right thing but more that they are 1 dimension newbies. I noticed some regulars who use to sideswing actually picked up the overhead swings! I use to get a lot of thrust kills but recently (some) people have learned how to downblock! Most are still just spamming LMB.

I believe the right hand right swing is same reach (or longer? hmm I forgot lol) as the thrust attack. Its a good attack! Love it, great arc, just as it should be! But like you say, its overused. Its rather frustrating to die in a cluster gangbang because people hit zero enemies but glance on their mates. I think Friendly Fire would be really healthy :smile:

Head-shots deal highest damage. Then neck-shots. Chest is medium damage, limbs is lowest. Easier to head-shot with an overhead attack. Sideswings tend to hit limbs. You can do head and neck-shots with sideswings, just take practice and also harder to land in crowd fight. When in crowd-fight always overhead or thrust attack! I cant stress this enough lol We keep say it in the chat but either people dont read or understand or they simply dont compute.

Edit: I cant figure out if abdomen hits is about the same damage as chest or if its higher damage
Edit2: Actually abdomen is prolly only for projectiles :unsure:

Last edited:

I would like for archers to be able to switch right/lefthandedness as well. Doesn't make a damn difference ofcourse gameplay wise, but for immersion it would be nice. Some people (me included) are lefthanded shooters so just for the customisation of my character it would be a nice addition to see it in the game. Would also help with shooting without a crosshair which I sometimes try in SP

Back
Top Bottom