Resolved Left click won't engange enemy party, but follow it instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.7
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I came across a party of looters who were fleeing from a bigger party of imperials. I left clicked to engage it, but my party would instead follow it. I tried walking "into" the enemy party (with CTRL) before left clicking, but my party would instead back off the enemy party and proceed to follow it.

Hi! Could you upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com so that we can reproduce the issue faster. You can find the save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
Please include the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Is it possible that you click on them while holding down the alt key that allows your party to follow theirs? Or maybe your alt key is stuck?

As the required information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as resolved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

As the required information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as resolved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.
Hey, sorry to necro an old post, here 1.5 years later I get this bug often. I can usually fix it by holding alt and following, then clicking again, but it comes back often. It can be frustrating, like right now, i didnt have enough wages to pay my men, and i was completely unable to attack the enemy(until i figured out the above method, but it was a little too late haha)

Edit: Just had a similar bug that might be related? For some reason, my party wasn't following, but was matching the speed of the enemy. Again, the fix was to alt+click, then click.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry to necro an old post, here 1.5 years later I get this bug often. I can usually fix it by holding alt and following, then clicking again, but it comes back often. It can be frustrating, like right now, i didnt have enough wages to pay my men, and i was completely unable to attack the enemy(until i figured out the above method, but it was a little too late haha)

Edit: Just had a similar bug that might be related? For some reason, my party wasn't following, but was matching the speed of the enemy. Again, the fix was to alt+click, then click.
Hello there! Can you please test this issue with another keyboard if possible?

Hello there! Can you please test this issue with another keyboard if possible?
Hi, Um I don't really have any other keyboards except my laptop keyboard, which would be hard to test with because the issue doesn't occur too often, just every once in awhile. I don't think it's the keyboard causing the issue, because pressing alt doesn't fix it, holding alt then clicking the enemy then clicking the enemy without holding it does.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce this issue at this time, even after multiple attempts. However, I will not mark this issue as resolved for now as we will keep trying to reproduce again. In the meantime, if you have a chance to try another keyboard, please let us know about the result. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce this issue at this time, even after multiple attempts. However, I will not mark this issue as resolved for now as we will keep trying to reproduce again. In the meantime, if you have a chance to try another keyboard, please let us know about the result. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Alright, I'll let you know when I can test it on another keyboard, but I don't think this keyboard's the problem, it's fairly new haha. It's not too common though, like i said. So It might take a few tries to reproduce.It probably occurs 1/10 times for me.

Hi again, I think i figured out what was causing it? It seems to be when you alt-tab, the alt button gets stuck in a sorta "pressed" state? That would explain why I only had it happen every once in awhile. I just had it happen again and I think that was what caused it :smile:

Back
Top Bottom