Resolved Learning Rate in character menu displays possibly wrong numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

last i checked, 0.91 + 93.64 + 154.55 does not equal 9.09, heh. But it DOES equal 249.09 (if you account for rounding)

also 0.91 + 31.45 + 61.82 = 94.18, not 4.18

Seems to me like it's just chopping off everything above the ones place. (Except that a learning rate of 250 displays as 10.0, and I assume a learning rate of 10, 20, 30, 40, etc would as well)

I'm unsure just how much of a bug this is. It might be just a display issue, but my bow skill is leveling up incredibly slowly, compared to how I would expect it to, given that I have 10 control and 5 focus spent in bows. It's definitely my highest skill by far, but I get about 1 rank per 3 battles (current rank 101) at learning rate 9.09 (or supposedly 249.09), while I get 1-2 ranks of steward per day (current rank 34) at learning rate 2.36 (or supposedly 32.36).

I'm not sure of the scaling formula, but that seems like a HUGE drop-off in leveling speed. Assuming the curve keeps rising at the same rate, then even the thing I'm hardcore specialized in, it's going to take me probably 200 hours of playtime to get it to rank 200, which is what some of cheaper companions start at.

I think the display number might also be the number that's being used to calculate the actual rate of experience gain (i.e. it's not just a display bug). Though, if it that's true, then the rate of experience gain at an actual 250 learning rate would be insanely fast and would probably need to be toned down. So I'm not sure whether it's a bug or intended.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom