Learning Limit

Users who are viewing this thread

As i unsertsood, each Attribute Point raises the Learning Limet by +5 and each Focus Point +20 ?

Also, the Learning Limit is a soft cap, this means you can go up the full scale from each skill but it will be very
slow after leaving the Learning Limit Zone ?

So it would be better to Infest Focus Points in Skilsl which are trained slowly in general. ( Not in Riding and Archery for example which seems to raise fast) ?

Is this all correct and do you agree with me ?

Regards.

The malus in learning is pretty brutal once you exceed the limit, to the point where right now it's pretty much a hard limit.

I think that should be toned down a little.

Also, the Learning Limit is a soft cap, this means you can go up the full scale from each skill but it will be very
slow after leaving the Learning Limit Zone ?
It applies a penalty as you increase beyond that zone, IIRC once you're more than 50 points ahead of it the penalty reaches near 100%, so reaching the maximum is pretty much theoretical.
So it would be better to Infest Focus Points in Skilsl which are trained slowly in general. ( Not in Riding and Archery for example which seems to raise fast) ?
Kind of depends. The thing about the quicker to raise skills like Archery is it's unlikely a character will want to use all skills in it's group (crossbows and throwing). Conversely for the slower to raise skills like medicine, it's far more likely you'll want to use the other two skills in the group too (Steward and Engineering). Since focus points affect a single skill while an attribute point affects three skills it's better (up to a point) to put the focus points into weapon/riding skills and reserving attribute points for Social/Intelligence. Of course, that's going to depend a lot on your initial build etc.

As i unsertsood, each Attribute Point raises the Learning Limet by +5 and each Focus Point +20 ?

Is this all correct and do you agree with me ?

Regards.

I think Learning Limit is increased by +10 for every attribute point. There seems to be a bug atm where it doesn't give you +10 for the first attribute. So +4 Intelligence only gives +30 instead of +40.

I agree that the malus does seem extreme and would advocate it being relaxed or removed altogether. To me focus points seem enough that you have some choice in which skills to accelerate, although IMO getting rid of those too would make the game more enjoyable - or at least allow us to redistribute them at will.

Back
Top Bottom