Leaked Conceptual Art

Users who are viewing this thread

RoboSenshi said:
Wow that Ambush Picture is a damn fine fake! Why did they have to go and remove that feature?...

According to Taleworlds (through Callum) this mechanic was not fun for the player. If you have some time, take a look at the thread...is worth reading. link

Terco_Viejo said:
RoboSenshi said:
Wow that Ambush Picture is a damn fine fake! Why did they have to go and remove that feature?...

According to Taleworlds (through Callum) this mechanic was not fun for the player. If you have some time, take a look at the thread...is worth reading. link

I know it's a demanding profession which requires seriousness and responsibility, but how can someone become "The Player"?

DtheHun said:
Terco_Viejo said:
RoboSenshi said:

I know it's a demanding profession which requires seriousness and responsibility, but how can someone become "The Player"?

I think it's just a euphemism for not being able to implement the mechanic satisfactorily, but yeah not sure how they have concluded what the playerbase would think. 'Fun' is subjective I guess. There are even people who don't think Mount&Blade as a game is any fun. Thankfully they'll all be dealt with come the revolution.

If it's not fun then I am glad it's out. You do not have to go far to see non-fun elements in mount and blade. Messages from your village that require your attention, cattle 'driving', Marshals telling you they are in X village at the time of the request for you to go and join them and then not be there so you have to ****ing find another lord to ask where the marshal is, risking to lose the quest and relations, the inventory system in general. There are many depressing things in Warband aswell.

Terco_Viejo said:
RoboSenshi said:

It's honestly infuriating how many interesting mechanics and gameplay features that were going to differentiate this game from Warband are just getting dropped. Come on man...

578 said:
If it's not fun then I am glad it's out. You do not have to go far to see non-fun elements in mount and blade. Messages from your village that require your attention, cattle 'driving', Marshals telling you they are in X village at the time of the request for you to go and join them and then not be there so you have to **** find another lord to ask where the marshal is, risking to lose the quest and relations, the inventory system in general. There are many depressing things in Warband aswell.

Well at this stage it's Taleworlds that are deciding what is fun for us and not the players which just made their comment rather strange to me. Sure they are the only ones playing it but frankly I don't find the weapon crafting thing in any way fun looking or interesting and I'll likely ignore it. Just makes me wonder what their yardstick for considering what the 'fun' elements are. Was it just the devs? There's no wider test group that we know of. Just seems like a euphemism for couldn't get it to work.

Terco_Viejo said:
RoboSenshi said:

Thanks Terco, I hadn't read that before. It was indeed and interesting read.

Mithril♡Souls said:
It's honestly infuriating how many interesting mechanics and gameplay features that were going to differentiate this game from Warband are just getting dropped. Come on man...
You know, I've been thinking the same thing lately. It hit me especially hard when we saw them revert back to split castles and villages.

it reminds me of elements of their demonic dev blog where you could see things like animals modeled in 3D and in animation, suggesting maybe the possibility of adopting a war dog or for hunting...

Wow this looks super awesome! Quick! Everyone, assume this is coming and heighten your expectations!

Seriously tho, it looks awesome. I hope most of this fins its way into the game, would also be cool with some animals on the battle maps!

EDIT: Just saw the date this was posted. I got my hopes upp ):

Last edited:
We actually have some ingame.

In Lageta we have some sheep for example.
There are also chicken and goose running around in cities.

It's just we almost never have a reason to enter these cities.
And we don't have hunting sadly.
Oh, you are right.

But there literally no reason to visit these places now.

Back
Top Bottom