Leaked Conceptual Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Leaked Conceptual Art
from which we can draw juicy information

gbgPP.gif

As if by magic were... I have "stumbled" with a singular Artstation, specifically one of a conceptual 2D artist and graphic designer called Oğuz Tunceli who curiously works nothing more and nothing less in Taleworlds.
In reviewing the illustrations I have taken a pleasant and surprising impression. The images were in the cloud...you just had to find them.  :party:

-hideouts-forest-bandits.jpg

hideouts-forest-bandits

-hideouts-mountain-bandits.jpg

hideouts-mountain-bandits

-hideouts-sea-raiders.jpg

hideouts-sea-raiders

-hideouts-swampers.jpg

hideouts-swampers

-hideouts-desert-raiders.jpg

hideouts-desert-raiders

-scene-layout-design-sketches-aserai-i.jpg

aserai

-scene-layout-design-sketches-battania-i.jpg

battania

-scene-layout-design-sketches-empire-i.jpg

empire

-scene-layout-design-sketches-empire-ii.jpg

empire

-scene-layout-design-sketches-vlandia-i.jpg

vlandia

-b4.jpg

-a4.jpg

-a3.jpg

-a2.jpg

-a1.jpg

-b1.jpg

-b2.jpg

-b3.jpg

-iv.jpg

-1.jpg

-2.jpg

-8.jpg

-6.jpg

-3.jpg

-4.jpg

-5.jpg

-7.jpg

I hope that this "leak" does not cause any problem to Mr. Tunceli or incur in any sanctioning movement towards his person or his position in the company. We hope to have a Q&A with him soon™.

Well, why did you have to say his name? Just kidding.

There's some really cool stuff there. A map of the geographical distribution of dog breeds. That's what I call world building. Also, ships!

Thanks for sharing this.

You just made sure we'll get a 5 weeks blog hiatus with this :lol:

I really liked the dog distribution map, and each culture's settlement has a nice unique feeling to it.

Ooh, bandit level design looking so much nicer. Not just a giant bowl with a hut and a cave in it  :iamamoron:

Helmets all looking pretty cool (except one or two I'm not so sure about, but I'llallowit.gif), and the fact that they have models for (beautiful) ships is encouraging about a forthcoming naval dlc.

Good find!

Ehh, I don't think anything here is too far out there. A couple just seem unnecessary, but that doesn't mean that some guy somewhere didn't say "I'm gonna put metal horns on my helmet, just cause" or whatever.

578 said:
S H I P S ? ! ? !

They've previously said, a long time ago, that there won't be usable ships in the game ("at least not at release" is what I remember as the answer to a question; I think that means they have considered naval combat but that if it is ever implemented, it would be some time after release), so I imagine these are just props- as Terco's spoiler heading would suggest.

DanAngleland said:
578 said:
S H I P S ? ! ? !

They've previously said, a long time ago, that there won't be usable ships in the game ("at least not at release" is what I remember as the answer to a question; I think that means they have considered naval combat but that if it is ever implemented, it would be some time after release), so I imagine these are just props- as Terco's spoiler heading would suggest.

Don't you think these ships are a bit too detailed for just 'background' accessories? I am aware we saw a ship, at the very first gameplay video of Bannerlord, when the player talked to an NPC on a tower called 'Cordalos'. There was a ship in the background just for effects but was not really detailed.

In terms of detail, do remember this is just concept art- the artist goes into as much detail as he cares to do, he can afford to make it as richly drawn as he wants so that he expresses the style he has in mind and perhaps gives inspiration to the people actually creating the models, but that doesn't mean we can use the concept art to guess how detailed the in-game models will be. I could be wrong, but also notice how there are just one or two men in the pictures either on or next to the ships, as if for scale. If the artist had been asked to come up with something for practical use in the game, I would have thought he would draw particular parts of the ship close up and from a 3D/isometric perspective, with sailors positioned on the deck.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this. Remember the concept art for the Empire which had them looking totally Roman when they are now Byzantine. An interesting change, nonetheless. Byzantine are not represented nearly as much. (Yes I know Byzantine a are "roman")...

Back
Top Bottom