• 7 Week League Stage + Knockouts

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • 5 Group Stage + Knockouts

Votes: 31 59.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys prefer to do a league stage which is the one we are currently using OR use a Group stage format similar to the WSC which would end in knockouts.

Since we come closer to the sign up end date, we thought it might be good to give you guys the chance to vote upon it since a few people did write to us concerning changing to a group stage rather than a league stage..

We will do a poll you can vote in so we can get a general idea of the players. You guys are welcome to discuss which option you think is best.

Leagues probably provide the most games for the most teams so i'd suggest that. Group stages will often end at 2 matches for some teams (3 if round robin). If you have a swiss system for the league, it wouldn't even need to be 7 weeks long to sort a top 8 at least somewhat accurately.

Deacon Barry said:
Leagues probably provide the most games for the most teams so i'd suggest that. Group stages will often end at 2 matches for some teams (3 if round robin). If you have a swiss system for the league, it wouldn't even need to be 7 weeks long to sort a top 8 at least somewhat accurately.

I think they're not using ECS format but more WSC (If there's 5 teams in a group then there will be 5 matches) instead of the GSL format. Me thinks

Due to the vote on this thread also the vote concerning captains. We have come to the conclusion that the group stage will be superior the the league stage due to the time it saves and competitiveness that it should create.

So we will now use a group stage format. Thanks to all people who voted and the captains who voiced their opinions giving us a variety of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom