SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Leadership skill broken

Users who are viewing this thread

I leveled trade and steward almost all the way and leadership is still at 22
I have like 8 social and full focus in leadership, but it never gains points.

My party now is at around 80 soldiers. It is a smaller party...but to need 250 soldiers etc. to level leaderships is broken. It doesn't match the progression of other skills. Leadership because completely useless to put ANY focus in early since it will never ever ever ever level anyway.

FIx it please.

I also have MAX food variety but still leadership NEVER increases. This is broken and a little dumb.

this is happening to me as well. Is it a glitch, because another character I had earlier had no problem leveling up leadership.

To increase Leadership, you need to create an army and lead it. You need to be in a Kingdom for that. Note that you can create an army with another member of your own Clan, so no need for influence. Having a party with food variety increases steward but not leadership. You just gain a few Leadership XP when recruiting, that's probably why you are at 22.

once you reach clan level 3, the pre-requisite needed to make your own kingdom, leadership skill explodes- at least for me it has. assign myself as quartermaster in clan roles, gives more troops. then keep keep a generous amount of food variety. use 1 or 2 companions to create other parties and staff them with some good troops and send them out to raid and do quests, they earn you reputation. ever so often go to kingdom tab, create army, then call your companion parties to your army, then go sack a castle. if you want or need advice ( though its a bit outdated since we've had several patches) go to youtube and watch some of the players guides by italianspartacus or ESO

steward is really only useful when you are at clan level 3 and have started your own kingdom. helps you get the most of your fiefs.

one of the best ways to get along is hire companions with high skills to compliment your own. you want to hire companions with these descriptors: the golden, the prince, knowing, the falcon, and surgeon. hit "n" key to open encyclopedia, click heroes, then go down and tick the wanderer box. click on the names to find the best ones with the best skills and where they are at. more will spawn into your game as you and the clan level up.

another thing to do is get a spouse, wife/husband to which ever gender your character is ( they dont count against your companion limit). again, use the encyclopedia- heroes -female ( for a wife), noble. if you are empire, sora is just about the best one for an administrator to assign as govenor to your castle or city. i chose ira, rhagea's daughter- okay on the administration side, but really good martial skills ( my character is specialized in trading and smithing with just a good bow skill) it was tough to catch up with her , but well worth it once i got her.

I've also had trouble with the leadership skill. I got it to 24 and then it just stopped leveling for the longest time. I finally realized that the main thing that gets xp for it is recruiting troops, if you can't lead armies. It says maintaining "high morale" does it, but I don't know what qualifies as high morale, since I find it very hard to get above 70 or so, which seems high to me. There should be better ways of leveling it up for those who don't want to or can't lead armies due to low influence or if they don't want to join a kingdom or make their own. I think winning battles with fewer losses, scaled based on the forces involved (harder battles with few losses would grant more leadership xp), would be a good way to do it, or just lowering the threshold of what qualifies as "high morale", if that aspect of xp gain is even working at all. I've run around with every food type available, and unless you are winning big battles constantly, it doesn't seem like you can hope for much higher than 70 morale.

Back
Top Bottom