LBCE Suggestions thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks, I'll take these into account!

Masterancza said:
- Tweak the weapons a bit. Make them slower and more expensive.

The weapons are already slower in this mod than in native, and I think it's ok. Which weapons do you think are still to fast? Swords?

mike56 said:
Thanks, I'll take these into account!

Masterancza said:
- Tweak the weapons a bit. Make them slower and more expensive.

The weapons are already slower in this mod than in native, and I think it's ok. Which weapons do you think are still to fast? Swords?

Yeah - swords. They are still a little bit too fast. You can just spam enemies and they can do nothing. Reducing weapons speed is good idea, but you can also try to test something like ai kick: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=349959.0 :grin:

Masterancza said:
Yeah - swords. They are still a little bit too fast. You can just spam enemies and they can do nothing.

You say that because maybe the Empire troops are a bit overpowered? I've not tested it too much, but you may be true.

While writing the AAR series i'm working on, I was thinking about how nice it would be to have Balionic mercenaries as well as Geroians, maybe to force a bit of variety into the mercenary types. I think a good inspiration for Balionic troops would be English Archers seeing as Geroians are primarily Infantry based, Archers might be a good counterpart.

captainboss said:
While writing the AAR series i'm working on, I was thinking about how nice it would be to have Balionic mercenaries as well as Geroians, maybe to force a bit of variety into the mercenary types. I think a good inspiration for Balionic troops would be English Archers seeing as Geroians are primarily Infantry based, Archers might be a good counterpart.

Nice suggestion indeed! Yeah, I was already thinking on adding new mercenaries, and I like your suggestion about balion archers. It will be done!

mike56 said:
captainboss said:

Nice suggestion indeed! Yeah, I was already thinking on adding new mercenaries, and I like your suggestion about balion archers. It will be done!

You could take inspiration from the most famous mercenaries of the medieval world, like scandinavians or finno-ugric and altaic groups. Also the italian mercenaries were a thing, but surely in a later age. Being us in a sort of early middle-ages I would propose band of vaegir/khergits and some nordic group of mercenaries as well. Byzantium made a huge use of these eastern warriors among their ranks.

mike56 said:
captainboss said:

Good stuff. I was just noting the need for some type of bowman mercenary in the bug report thread:
"So you already have the crossbow unit for the Southern faction along with the slingmen, I would think just improving those units or adding a Master Crossbowman would make more sense and continue to give that faction its unique feel. I really like how you can see the Rhodokian blend of the mercenary crossbowmen with the Hillman Defenders who are like some of the later heavier armored Rhodok Infantry. Anyways, it would seem to make more sense to stay in that vein. A suggestion from that might be to create a mercenary bowman like the one you intended for the Southern Faction."

Also, I've been unable to attempt to recruit the Sea Raider bandits whenever I encounter them. Not sure if that's an intended thing or not or possibly has something to do with my own player, but it would be nice to be able to recruit them (maybe dependent upon honor? The lower the honor the more likely they will join you? I think this is how Viking Conquest does it).

Columbkille said:
Good stuff. I was just noting the need for some type of bowman mercenary in the bug report thread:
"So you already have the crossbow unit for the Southern faction along with the slingmen, I would think just improving those units or adding a Master Crossbowman would make more sense and continue to give that faction its unique feel. I really like how you can see the Rhodokian blend of the mercenary crossbowmen with the Hillman Defenders who are like some of the later heavier armored Rhodok Infantry. Anyways, it would seem to make more sense to stay in that vein. A suggestion from that might be to create a mercenary bowman like the one you intended for the Southern Faction."

I've already added a new mercenary troop tree for this Balion troops, I might post some pictures later. Maybe a good idea would be to give some of these Balion mercenaries to the Uldemberg armies, I think I could do that  :smile:

Columbkille said:
Also, I've been unable to attempt to recruit the Sea Raider bandits whenever I encounter them. Not sure if that's an intended thing or not or possibly has something to do with my own player, but it would be nice to be able to recruit them (maybe dependent upon honor? The lower the honor the more likely they will join you? I think this is how Viking Conquest does it).

Huh, so you can recruit all the other bandits but not the sea raiders, is it that? It may be a bug, I will look into it. Thanks!

I know that the Calradian and Vaegir villager troop trees are supposed to be somewhat weaker than that of their neighbors but the Calradian auxiliary javelin and the Vaegir skirmisher seem really weak.  Sure, their javelins are strong, but they have short range and usually only carry 3-4 shots each.

While the other factions have peasant slingers and archers that can harass their enemies from a safe distance for quite some time, the Calradian and Vaegir peasants have to get really close.  They then tend to die very quickly because they run out of ammo in about 3 seconds and they have very little protection from both melee and ranged attacks  (The Calradian one is especially weak due to its melee weapon being a knife).  Because of this, basically all of my Calradian and Vaegir villagers become rural guards or tundra spearmen.

My suggestion is to modify them somewhat.  A small shield would be a blessing- it would give them some protection from arrows/rocks as they approach their target and somewhat help them if they have to fight in close combat.  Alternatively, a different melee weapon might be interesting.  Perhaps a spear for the Calradian auxiliary javelin or a weak 2-handed axe/club for the Vaegir skirmisher?  I'm not sure.

Armaury said:
Hello mike56 i've found a good OSP that coul perfectly fit the time of your mod, it's iggorbb OSP https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2424, i don't think you used it in your mod isn't it ? Especially for armors in "Byzantine style" that could fit well Calradic Empire, and few helms maybe.

I think I added already some of the items from this pack, but I'm not completly sure. I will check it, thanks for the suggestion!

Barrelknight said:
I know that the Calradian and Vaegir villager troop trees are supposed to be somewhat weaker than that of their neighbors but the Calradian auxiliary javelin and the Vaegir skirmisher seem really weak.  Sure, their javelins are strong, but they have short range and usually only carry 3-4 shots each.

While the other factions have peasant slingers and archers that can harass their enemies from a safe distance for quite some time, the Calradian and Vaegir peasants have to get really close.  They then tend to die very quickly because they run out of ammo in about 3 seconds and they have very little protection from both melee and ranged attacks  (The Calradian one is especially weak due to its melee weapon being a knife).  Because of this, basically all of my Calradian and Vaegir villagers become rural guards or tundra spearmen.

My suggestion is to modify them somewhat.  A small shield would be a blessing- it would give them some protection from arrows/rocks as they approach their target and somewhat help them if they have to fight in close combat.  Alternatively, a different melee weapon might be interesting.  Perhaps a spear for the Calradian auxiliary javelin or a weak 2-handed axe/club for the Vaegir skirmisher?  I'm not sure.

You may be right, I will look into giving them a shield or a better weapon. Thanks!

I don't think they are in i've checked with cheat menu you have really good Rus armors that could fit well for Vaegirs and serbian/romeyan armors in byzantine late roman style that could fit well for Empire :grin:. I have noticed a very little problem with some beards during the character creation, one side of the beard  disappear a little in the face like if the beard was not centered  :meh:.

Armaury said:
I don't think they are in i've checked with cheat menu you have really good Rus armors that could fit well for Vaegirs and serbian/romeyan armors in byzantine late roman style that could fit well for Empire :grin:. I have noticed a very little problem with some beards during the character creation, one side of the beard  disappear a little in the face like if the beard was not centered  :meh:.

You are right, there are some awesome armors and helmets in this pack, how I didn't find it before?  :shock: I thought I had the full pack because I had some of the bb_weapons, but I never saw the armors and helmets. I will for sure add some of them, thanks!!

Yes i saw the weapons with textures which are great (almost all weapons from my .zip don't have textures  :!: :?:), i think many people missed them cause i never saw them in any mods :mrgreen:

I'm trying to make a nice colour scheme for the Empire clothes and armors dark red/orange, orange is the colour of the empire in Bannerlord ?

3C9BB66608CF5182FDCF884993A633D9B61AE93C

9939320CE1B061162BD6DFB652A443A3A8A7B25E

81D9CCA11C330652784AB0F65961D7210B243DC1

832F644C403DBEF795D5299B1798233E5C04059B

6B5A8AC531A03BFC6F1BE5222BA13C9CAD7FB33B

Armaury said:
Yes i saw the weapons with textures which are great (almost all weapons from my .zip don't have textures  :!: :?:), i think many people missed them cause i never saw them in any mods :mrgreen:

I'm trying to make a nice colour scheme for the Empire clothes and armors dark red/orange, orange is the colour of the empire in Bannerlord ?

3C9BB66608CF5182FDCF884993A633D9B61AE93C

9939320CE1B061162BD6DFB652A443A3A8A7B25E

81D9CCA11C330652784AB0F65961D7210B243DC1

832F644C403DBEF795D5299B1798233E5C04059B

6B5A8AC531A03BFC6F1BE5222BA13C9CAD7FB33B

They look good! Maybe too medieval for my taste... In bannerlord there are three imperial factions, and the color in one of them is indeed the orange. I've always liked more the classical roman red color :razz:

DrunkPeasant said:
do you plan on developing the khergits more, or nah? they seem very generic and bland rn

If you have some specific suggestions to improve them I may take them on count!

Suggestions for Khergits:

Give them unique breeds of horses, and more variety. Add some decorations to them too.

Give the Khergits some khopesh like swords, sorta like early sabers but shaped like this:

tutankamen_smaller_khopesh_41cm.jpg

z0Da7j7.jpg

Give the Khergits some LONG throwing spears, for use specifically on horseback. Max slots of 2.

Give Khergits a tassled lance, similar to this:

spear.jpg

Khergits could use more varieties of armour. Consider these Chinese styles of armour perhaps, and intermix them with Mongolian and general Steppe tribe touches like furs and other stuff:

64739498201304061429582596756256513_003.jpg

64739498201304061429582596756256513_002.jpg

67.jpg

627910612012040619392141THX.jpg

There is good helms in "Teutonic and Lithuanian items by Kovas" that could fit well for Vaegir or empire, you probably got the pack cause you have the armors in your mod but i didn't see any of the helms.

Maybe in the next version javelins will play a bigger role? Pure javelin troops should have their own javelins (different from the ones carried by melee infantry) and be divided into light and heavy skirmisher.

Light Skirmishers
2 power throw and 150wp, and carry around 12 javelins dealing 36 Cutting damage for the purpose of killing unarmored troops.

Heavy Skirmishers
3 power throw and 200wp, and carry around 5 javelins dealing 34 Piercing for the purpose of.. Guess what, armored dudes. Bonus damage to shields!

Both of them are very lightly equipped, with fast athletics and agility. Even fighting recruits, they only have a very slight advantage.

EDIT: Oh also, perhaps spear can be used with overhead stab motion? That would be so much better!

Make the battles last longer (have more "reinforcement" waves). Currently, imho, the battles are way too short when there are 400+ soldiers on each side and you constantly end up ending the battle and going right back in

Also I'd say no to khopesh's for Khergits

Back
Top Bottom