"Lawspeakers" policy: How much charm do you need to get positive influence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charm is one of the easiest skills to level. Just release lords. It gives you a point or two in charm every time you release a lord when you're lower level. Successfully voting for a lord to receive a fief gives big bunches of charm. I think I got 7 points in charm for spending 300 influence on a fief vote.

Charm is one of the easiest skills to level. Just release lords. It gives you a point or two in charm every time you release a lord when you're lower level. Successfully voting for a lord to receive a fief gives big bunches of charm. I think I got 7 points in charm for spending 300 influence on a fief vote.

You even get points for doing village quests.

I think anything that gives you a relations boost will give you charm, among other things.
Correct, every relations gain results in Charm XP. Possible exception: relation gains which don't cause a banner notification (eg. notables in your fiefs periodic gain due to high security). Stuff like that is hard to track and I've never confirmed it.

Correct, every relations gain results in Charm XP. Possible exception: relation gains which don't cause a banner notification (eg. notables in your fiefs periodic gain due to high security). Stuff like that is hard to track and I've never confirmed it.
Yeah I don't think passive relation boosts work, like high security or town forum. Even the mod that gives relations by defeating bandits gives charm exp.

So not ALL relations boosts give charm exp.

Most of my charm boost comes from release lords after battle.

But if I'm not in a war, I get charm skills from doing barters with nobles.
Me: "There is something I'd like to discuss."
Noble: "Very well. What do you propose?"
Me: "I have a proposal that may benefit us both."
Noble: "I'm listening."

Give them some denars.

Most of my charm boost comes from release lords after battle.

But if I'm not in a war, I get charm skills from doing barters with nobles.
Me: "There is something I'd like to discuss."
Noble: "Very well. What do you propose?"
Me: "I have a proposal that may benefit us both."
Noble: "I'm listening."

Give them some denars.
or javelins - cheaper!

Village needs seed grain quest is pretty charmtastic too - pops up quite a bit, most people always have grain so can solve it instantly.

And the Extortion quest if you choose to not accept any payment. Gives around 11 (?) or so relationship boost with the quest giver and usually a bump or three in Charm even without many focus points.

or javelins - cheaper!

Village needs seed grain quest is pretty charmtastic too - pops up quite a bit, most people always have grain so can solve it instantly.
I thought that more money gifted meant more relationship gain, but if I give too much I get less gain. For instance, there were these two nobles in this castle. I gave the first one about 10000 Denar. I got 2 relationship gain. I gave the other one about 2000, and then I got 6 gain. I wonder if a javelin would be overkill.

I thought that more money gifted meant more relationship gain, but if I give too much I get less gain. For instance, there were these two nobles in this castle. I gave the first one about 10000 Denar. I got 2 relationship gain. I gave the other one about 2000, and then I got 6 gain. I wonder if a javelin would be overkill.
I use javelins or other smithed weapons. Works very well.

I use javelins or other smithed weapons. Works very well.
I gave a noble just now a javelin that normally sells for 104000 denar. I wanted to try it out. But all I got was "barter accepted." :xf-frown:
Perhaps the barter was not effective for me because in this game my charm level is already at 223.

I found the threshold to be 101.
When I had 100 it would still be -1.
However soon as I hit 101 I got +1.

As others state there are several ways to increase charm easy.
As suggested by others release lords after battle, gives you +10 relation to the other, and almost +1 skill even at high lvl.

I would also suggest, that if you see another lord in battle vs other forces, help them - this will also give boost to charm.

The other similar(as in assist in combat) option is to instead of being part of the army that is siegeing something, join the siege independent, this will also give alot of charm(at very low lvl's I've gotten +7 from helping out like that).
The downside to this stratey is that it seems you have more troops dead/wounded after a siege, than if you had been part of the army.

My guess is that as a independent party, it uses alot more troops from your party, than it normally would if you where part of the army.
(but generally speaking, its easy to replenish troops)

Back
Top Bottom