Lawmen vs US (Cavalry)

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I'm trying to specialize my army a bit and I'd like to remain relatively consistent culture and troop-type wise.

How do you guys rate the US Lawmen cavalry against the US Army cavalry? I noticed that the Lawmen cavalry tend to show up in the killfeed a bit more thanks to their higher rate of fire in general, but the Army cav have those sweet Eaglehead Swords which give them a really big edge in melee against basically everything that sits on a horse. Except for those Lanceros from Mexico....

Is that about it or is there anything that anybody has to add here?

Probably a bit late to reply, but I don't see a world of difference between the lawmen and the national armies (US or Mexico).  The big differences are between those and the Confederates, who are somewhat overpowered, or the Indians, who seem able to wipe the floor with national armies twice their size.  If you're playing to win, go with the Indians, otherwise the US, Mexicans, and lawmen are all reasonably balanced against each other.

They're quite equal in strength, I prefer the US Cavalry because of their reliable eaglehead swords. In a full-on charge, the indians usually beat any other cavalry. just play defensive against them. go to the invisible wall at the end of the map and just camp there with your soldiers. You can order everyone to dismount if you are outnumbered, and leave the horses as a wall.

Back
Top Bottom