Need More Info Launcher Not Launching

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: After a long hiatus I Returned to attempt to play Bannerlord (last played 1.6 hot patch), I deleted all mods and all files, uninstalled and then fresh installed bannerlord tried to launch the game via steam and could not, the launcher does not appear, however i am able to launch the game via the singleplayer.exe, i use vortex to mod the game but always use steam to launch the game, I Get the error string "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Logs\launcher_log_20619.txt' is denied, I Have Spent Many Days Trying All I Can Think Of To Get This Game To Work, Fresh Install, Moving Install Folder, Deleting Files And Nothing Seems To Work
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nividia 3060
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Intel I7-11700k
RAM:4x 8gb sklllz
Motherboard:Z590-P Wifi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):2tb WD Black SSD

Hey, please have a look at our common workarounds list for the known workarounds regarding the launcher issues, and our Clean install guide to see if you missed any step while reinstalling. If the problem is persistent after these steps, please let me know.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

After A Clean Install Triple Checking To Make Sure ALL Files Are Gone, and Trying Most of The Workarounds The Problem Still Persists, Now With A ptr string Still Saying Value Can Not Be Null

Hey, there will be a fix sent regarding this issue if the issue is persistent after the next update please let me know. Meanwhile, you can try changing the name of the "C:\Users\WİN 10\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" to anything else and verifying the integrity of the game files.

All Launcher.Exe Files Do Not Launch The Game And No Longer Show A Crash String Report, I Can Now Launch The Game Via The Bannerlord.exe File But I Wish To Play The Game Modded And Would Be Unable To Enable/Disable Mods, Or Rearrange Their Load Order

After Todays Update Nothing Works Once Again, Trying Another Fresh Install Will Update This Thread After Install Is Finished Hope This Works Because Im Starting To Get Frustrated With This Whole Process I've Tried Everything I Can Think Of And Followed Most If Not ALL The Suggested Fixes

After Another Fresh Install ONLY The Bannerlord.exe Will Launch The Game, Again This Is NOT Helpful Because I Would Like To Play Modded I've Tried Most If Not ALL Work Arounds But Nothing Has Worked, Help IS NEEDED

Hey, there will be a fix sent regarding this issue if the issue is persistent after the next update please let me know. Meanwhile, you can try changing the name of the "C:\Users\WİN 10\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" to anything else and verifying the integrity of the game files.
So None Of The Fixes Have Worked And As Stated Above A Fresh Install Does Nothing The Launcher Crashes Before It Can Log Anything So I Don't Have Any Logs To Eliminate Any Other Potential Fixes

For me it was OneDrive, once i removed ondedrive the game worked. Because in my instance all files of M&B were on my ondedrive and on my 2nd pc this was not available.

My solution: Try deleting Onedrive or doing something to prevent M&B to store data on your Onedrive.

again, this worked for me. Hope it helps

For me it was OneDrive, once i removed ondedrive the game worked. Because in my instance all files of M&B were on my ondedrive and on my 2nd pc this was not available.

My solution: Try deleting Onedrive or doing something to prevent M&B to store data on your Onedrive.

again, this worked for me. Hope it helps
Thanks For The Suggestion However This Is Already Something I've Looked Into And I Don't Have Any Files On The OneDrive

I'm having the same issues: launcher doesn't actually launch the game. Game is suspended right away and I'm back to square 1.

Back
Top Bottom