last things to polish and make great

Users who are viewing this thread

These are just the small things I notice funk with the game's immersion and are annoying sometimes.

1. Allow for a "halt company" order for your men so you can leave them right there and do things by yourself. This is essential for some quests you might get like being a spy if you get it before you have a garrison. Also you can do it with cows, so it sort of breaks immersion that you can't do it with your men.

2. Add page through ability to the hero stat and inventory screens so you can look at all of their stuff without tons of nag screens and such. Especially with so many heroes now this would be a major efficiency enhancement.

3. Make morale level visible somewhere on the main screen so you don't have to go to the party screen.

4. Sell some food in super-sized portions that occupy 1 inv slot. I know maybe the devs intended to make inv space important, but it's just downright a hassle juggling tons of food units as your army grows.

5. Bring back the "you are low on food" message! Or maybe I'm not seeing it, but I know I run out a lot and don't want to hear everyone's *****ing about it.

6. Add tiredness so all parties have to camp. Might be a bit of work, so I put this last as really a more frivolous one. But immersion-wise, it does seem weird that everyone travels through the night and never camps. It could also make for some epic camp raids.

7. Let us choose who we bring into battle if we want. As a mighty war marshal, you would think we'd use strategy regularly, have squads we defined, and not just get into these helter skelter fights everywhere.

That's it for now, I might think of more.

bravesirknight said:
3. Make morale level visible somewhere on the main screen so you don't have to go to the party screen.

Not a bad idea.

An overlay bar for each of morale, average party health, and your health would be nice - as well as number for remaining food, current cash, and current party speed.  There's plenty of screen space, and it would make things much easier when traveling, deciding how long to camp, estimating whether another party can catch you (since when you stop you can only see their speed, not yours), and whether you need to stop at a village for food.

Saber Cherry said:
bravesirknight said:

Not a bad idea.

An overlay bar for each of morale, average party health, and your health would be nice - as well as number for remaining food, current cash, and current party speed.  There's plenty of screen space, and it would make things much easier when traveling, deciding how long to camp, estimating whether another party can catch you (since when you stop you can only see their speed, not yours), and whether you need to stop at a village for food.
AND make those hud parts optional (Show food level, show morale, etc) Just for us tiny screen users! (800x600 because of my crappy eyes haha)

DamienZharkoff said:
Saber Cherry said:
AND make those hud parts optional (Show food level, show morale, etc) Just for us tiny screen users! (800x600 because of my crappy eyes haha)
Of course...  but actually, as overlays, I was thinking you could just adjust the opacity from 0-100%.  At 0% opaque, they'd be invisible and not impede your view at all.

bravesirknight said:
These are just the small things I notice funk with the game's immersion and are annoying sometimes.

1. Allow for a "halt company" order for your men so you can leave them right there and do things by yourself. This is essential for some quests you might get like being a spy if you get it before you have a garrison. Also you can do it with cows, so it sort of breaks immersion that you can't do it with your men.
I'd really like that. Also the ability to station them for rest in cities and then wander off by yourself.
bravesirknight said:
2. Add page through ability to the hero stat and inventory screens so you can look at all of their stuff without tons of nag screens and such. Especially with so many heroes now this would be a major efficiency enhancement.
Been suggested, but yeah.
bravesirknight said:
Meh, for me just pressing 'p' is easy enough.
bravesirknight said:
4. Sell some food in super-sized portions that occupy 1 inv slot. I know maybe the devs intended to make inv space important, but it's just downright a hassle juggling tons of food units as your army grows.
Yeah possibly, but I'd rather see normal foods stack. Say you have 2 icons of dried meat, 29+49, why can't those be stacked together for one unit of 78?
bravesirknight said:
5. Bring back the "you are low on food" message! Or maybe I'm not seeing it, but I know I run out a lot and don't want to hear everyone's *****ing about it.
Not a big deal I think, plus villages are real plentiful now so it wont take you long to buy your party more food.
bravesirknight said:
6. Add tiredness so all parties have to camp. Might be a bit of work, so I put this last as really a more frivolous one. But immersion-wise, it does seem weird that everyone travels through the night and never camps. It could also make for some epic camp raids.
Agreed.
bravesirknight said:
7. Let us choose who we bring into battle if we want. As a mighty war marshal, you would think we'd use strategy regularly, have squads we defined, and not just get into these helter skelter fights everywhere.
Been suggested, but yeah.

Zathan

Saber Cherry said:
bravesirknight said:
Yes, that and instead of the "morning" "noon" "afternoon" stuff, just give us a bloody clock please!

Zathan said:
And by squad system you mean what exactly?

Zathan

Being able to form your own "squads" of men into battle. Really, what he means I guess is choosing what troops he wants in battle and how many to form his unique squad.

uly said:
Yes, that and instead of the "morning" "noon" "afternoon" stuff, just give us a bloody clock please!
I like the immersion of not having a numerical clock.  It does take some getting used to, but it's not hard to pinpoint exactly what time of day it is once you get used to it.  Also, that "stuff" isn't just for show, it determines the battlefield environment when you enter combat.  Dusk might look like noon on the map, but it's quite different altogether in battle, especially when fighting in the arena (although this seems like an oversight to me).

Oh, and to add to the list of things to add to the HUD: Weather!  I don't know why we still have to guess what kind of weather we have to fight in.

Iodine said:
uly said:
I like the immersion of not having a numerical clock.  It does take some getting used to, but it's not hard to pinpoint exactly what time of day it is once you get used to it.
Well then... how about a sundial? :smile:  Nice, imprecise, analog, and non-anachronistic.  And we can't have anachronistic chronometers.
Oh, and to add to the list of things to add to the HUD: Weather!  I don't know why we still have to guess what kind of weather we have to fight in.
That would be nice, especially with cartoonish sun, cloud, rain, and snow icons, like in Harvest Moon.

Back
Top Bottom