Need More Info Last soldier fell into wall.. battle cannot end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Sieges won't end because last enemy fell into a wall
How to Reproduce: During sieges, AI soldiers will sometimes find a small gap in a wall and fall inside
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

No siege map is perfect and eventually AI soldiers will fall into the Matrix. This leaves the player with all his soldiers trying to attack something they cannot move to.

What's need is a test - if enemy AI soldiers in < 3 ? and haven't moved for a certain time period then the battle should end.

If the main character is DEAD, you cannot use the CTRL - F4 cheat - kill enemy.

Do you have a video of this issue by any chance? Do you remember the map? City name or town name will be enough.
You can retreat if this happens and attack again to finish the siege.

Why is that important ? Do AMD CPUs cause wall gaps ?

Ryzen 5 3600 X
X570 MB
32 G Mem
Geforce 1080

I suspect this bug could happen anywhere - Soldier flies through the air , falls inside a mesh somehow ? no one can get at him, game loops/

It happens 2 times 2 days ago. I think Odrysa Castle was one of them . Forgot the other . My troops was set to 1000 . I had over 600+ and they had 300+ . I'm still running around try to duplicate more problems Since I know alot of remaking cities/castles/villages does come with bugs =). After w/ Taleworlds for almost 20 years.

Do you have a save file that we can use to reproduce this issue?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

No, and the saved file won't help recreate the error .. it's random. You just have to accept it will happen and have some code to deal with this situation.

If enemy soldiers < 3 ?? and no movement over certain time period then end battle.

Summary: Sieges won't end because last enemy fell into a wall
How to Reproduce: During sieges, AI soldiers will sometimes find a small gap in a wall and fall inside
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

No siege map is perfect and eventually AI soldiers will fall into the Matrix. This leaves the player with all his soldiers trying to attack something they cannot move to.

What's need is a test - if enemy AI soldiers in < 3 ? and haven't moved for a certain time period then the battle should end.

If the main character is DEAD, you cannot use the CTRL - F4 cheat - kill enemy.

Yeah happens a lot on this particular map, don't quite remember where this was; think Car Banseth or Dunglanys. This tower in particular is quite bad with militia getting stuck in bottom portion of tower, happens like 50% of the time.

Actually seems to be a real problem with towers in general.
Seems to be where infantry glitch into. Probably has to do with OOB smushing units where they shouldn't - also seen units die at start of battle from falling, can also kill troops with cliffs etc.

gnpv156.png

You get in that wall and you kill him. Fall into the wall the same way he did. I don't know, if he can fall in you can fall in too.

Seriously what happened with this very often is that a enemy fell into the room between the two gates and closed the gate (or they were never opened). You can open the gate, or fall down too. Sure they can get stuck in walls to sometimes but very often this is where I find them.

They fell in that room below between the 2 gates couple times. I had many games where the one defender fell into that make the game endless. Forced withdraw out of battle and retake to take out the last guy. I'm still trying to find out which castle has this problem.

Do you have a save file that we can use to reproduce this issue?
We cannot save the game during battles.

This issue happens quite often, every 5th siege or so.
Here you are a picture about an enemy in the gateway. The gate wasn't crushed so my soldiers cannot kill him.
You should apply some exception handling as you cannot rule out every reasons. This guy probably fell there, others might have pushed him of the ledge.

BL-Phycaon-they-cannot-kill-the-last-man.jpg

ALL the Times, when a soldier falls into a wall, they try to walk BUT don't move anywhere. The animations are of walking but no movement. So a simple fix is to test if a soldier is trying move but getting nowhere. Kill and delete this soldier.

ALL the Times, when a soldier falls into a wall, they try to walk BUT don't move anywhere. The animations are of walking but no movement. So a simple fix is to test if a soldier is trying move but getting nowhere. Kill and delete this soldier.

The soldier above on my picture moved here and there in the gateway. He wasn't stuck in geometry.

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!

Back
Top Bottom