Last Resort for Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

I personally cannot stand this obsession with balance, this is supposed to be a sandbox game, if you want super balance go play Call of Duty, or Chivalry or something, in my humble opinion, getting the server code out should be their top priority, you are never going to please everyone with any balance update you make, the only way to get out of the eternal balance loop is to give individual server hosters tools to control the balance of their own server.

TLDR: everyone has different opinions on what the balance should be anyways so just work on releasing private servers and let people choose their own balance, or lack there of.

There would be literally nobody in the servers if only a handful of people enjoyed it. Of course the game can and should be better, but that doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of players that enjoy playing the current state of the game daily.
Not sure if there are hundreds. I checked Bannerlord one Saturday afternoon and there was about 30 people playing, while on Warband my game filtered 1500 people.

Although the OP points are valid, im not sure why all the servers should go down untill all those points are fixed. Is it to stop people from trying the game and prevent them from running off? Well in that case, im not sure if having no MP at all is any better.

Old post, but I was being serious with the OP. It would be best for the health of the game to just completely start over with multiplayer from the basic netcode down. If we literally cant figure out how to release a patch without completely breaking systems and causing actual bodily harm to the players, its in everyone's best interest to just start over with new framework that isnt completely broken.

The process of wiping the slate clean also gives the devs a convenient reason to replace the current class systems, equipment distribution, and game modes with the ones players have been asking for since the first seconds of the Alpha. It also gives the devs a chance to rework how servers function from the ground up and allow basic features like not getting booted after every match.

We simply cant go on like this and expect the multiplayer to have any chance. The devs can keep trying to add onto what already exists, but its like trying to update the engine of a ModelT and entering it into Nascar qualifiers because its technically a Ford. There is something so fundamentally broken that a complete overhaul is apparently needed. Pull the trigger and make it happen.

Old post, but I was being serious with the OP. It would be best for the health of the game to just completely start over with multiplayer from the basic netcode down. If we literally cant figure out how to release a patch without completely breaking systems and causing actual bodily harm to the players, its in everyone's best interest to just start over with new framework that isnt completely broken.

The process of wiping the slate clean also gives the devs a convenient reason to replace the current class systems, equipment distribution, and game modes with the ones players have been asking for since the first seconds of the Alpha. It also gives the devs a chance to rework how servers function from the ground up and allow basic features like not getting booted after every match.

We simply cant go on like this and expect the multiplayer to have any chance. The devs can keep trying to add onto what already exists, but its like trying to update the engine of a ModelT and entering it into Nascar qualifiers because its technically a Ford. There is something so fundamentally broken that a complete overhaul is apparently needed. Pull the trigger and make it happen.
If the developers would test their patch before letting it go live, it wouldn't be neccesary to have all this drama.

-These players wants weapons removed (throwing spears)
-they Killed spear combat because they didn’t gave good feedback
-they help balancing because they are skilled, but in the same time they kill the fun aspects of the game

its time to take the whole community feedback,
Skirmishes and battles are not for clan wars only

I think %90 of the community would accept devs closing multiplayer for a few months so they can fix whatever is there with limited volunteer players in it testing.
I would joke about this a few months back but now it's serious.
@NIN3

Open/close it, doesnt change a thing for me, I am not playing it

Thanks for your quality input.

I have been saying before that the closed multiplayer Beta ended too early.
But honestly I am not sure if losing the servers now would help.
Most of the people that are still playing would probably be also the people playtesting in your proposed closed multiplayer.
I think most of the active players are already part of the hardcore fanbase.
And Nin9, Arvc and the others surely have been more engaging for the past months.

I really don't want to upset the devs but I think our best chance to see the resurection of the multiplayer is the full release.

Until then, I doubt the current playerbase will change much.
The people that are still here will probably stay and I don't have the feeling that many new faces join.

I really don't want to upset the devs but I think our best chance to see the resurection of the multiplayer is the full release.
It is. Only a surge in playerbase caused by the news of the release of 1.0 in Bannerlord would maybe help the multiplayer community, but what the casual players are gonna do when there are literally nothing holding them in multiplayer(no rewards for playing or anything, no cosmetics). Many of the "veterans" won't return to the game either, until custom servers are released so they can return to their beloved cRPG or Persistent Kingdoms or such mods. There will be a surge in the playerbase for a few days and it will die again.
They cannot release the game, both multiplayer and singleplayer(still lacking the main quest line and nothing but fixes and different new lord-given quests won't help singleplayer), in this current state, it will be an utter failure.

Thanks for your quality input.

I have been saying before that the closed multiplayer Beta ended too early.
But honestly I am not sure if losing the servers now would help.
Most of the people that are still playing would probably be also the people playtesting in your proposed closed multiplayer.
I think most of the active players are already part of the hardcore fanbase.
And Nin9, Arvc and the others surely have been more engaging for the past months.

Until then, I doubt the current playerbase will change much.
The people that are still here will probably stay and I don't have the feeling that many new faces join.
I dont get if its sarcasm or not, just saying my opinion doesn't matter since I won't play it, I guess many people are like me, waiting and hoping the Game gets "decent"

1.0 (2.0?) must be really polished. We need a few months of custom servers, qol mods and reintegration of more warband players behind us before that. Then you don't change a thing from last stable EA branch and simply release full game. Don't implement some big change with 2.0. Make sure to stress test your servers for up to 10 times the amount of players you have on average in EA. With custom private servers to be alternative/backup too. Have proper ranked, so people won't get stomped by clans 6 stacking on release. Seperate module balance. Have custom equipment for siege, TDM and duel at least. Be able to make your own weapon for those game modes. Have meaningful feeling of progression for all moduls. Make clan recruitment easier to do in game. Have better balanced maps for siege and tdm, so new players dont get stomped by cav.

Full release is last chance to retain a decent amount of players. I would rather wait another year than release unfinished game in, say, the summer.
We already tried releasing the game. It did not work. If we just release the same product with no substansial changes, it will suffer and never become popular.

Also give South America their server. (Could also give the few (?) south African players *decent* ping. I think.)

Last edited:
Open/close it, doesnt change a thing for me, I am not playing it
Most retarded response on a post i've ever seen. A 4 years old would come up with something more intelligent than that.

As for the OP, sadly, i agree, the game needs to be wiped and revamped and stay down until official release with a proper non-class based multiplayer system. Taleworlds is killing the little remaining Hype of this game, and at this point, official release wont change a damn thing, it will stay dead.

Starting clean could be a good idea but I don't believe Taleworlds is ready to abandon its vision regarding the multiplayer (class systems, skirmish, ranked matches and item customization). I'm not saying it's any good, but that is what they are going for with the multiplayer and their business model.

Restarting from scratch also raises ethical/legal questions? You can't sell a game and then turn off the multiplayer down the road (even if for a couple of months only). Multiplayer is bad but it is better than no multiplayer at the moment. So, if they are starting from scatch again they would have to keep the current multiplayer alive until the replacement is ready, and that would mean maybe months without any updates.

Starting clean could be a good idea but I don't believe Taleworlds is ready to abandon its vision regarding the multiplayer (class systems, skirmish, ranked matches and item customization). I'm not saying it's any good, but that is what they are going for with the multiplayer and their business model.

Restarting from scratch also raises ethical/legal questions? You can't sell a game and then turn off the multiplayer down the road (even if for a couple of months only). Multiplayer is bad but it is better than no multiplayer at the moment. So, if they are starting from scatch again they would have to keep the current multiplayer alive until the replacement is ready, and that would mean maybe months without any updates.
Im pretty sure that in the purchasing screen of the early access game, they explicitly mentioned the possibility of this game never being finished at all. So if they don't have to deliver more than they did, i wouldn't be surprised if they could get away with it. But then again, i don't know anything about legal stuff.

Most retarded response on a post i've ever seen. A 4 years old would come up with something more intelligent than that.

As for the OP, sadly, i agree, the game needs to be wiped and revamped and stay down until official release with a proper non-class based multiplayer system. Taleworlds is killing the little remaining Hype of this game, and at this point, official release wont change a damn thing, it will stay dead.
I am sure from someone as intelligent as yourself you’d enlighten me :smile:)))) I spent 40 euros on a game that makes me more frustrated, and I can’t even refund it because I enjoyed the first 10 hours in sp. Seeing the direction and changes it’s making its even more frustrating:smile:))

Back
Top Bottom