Last FM!

Users who are viewing this thread

I call an end to the fruitless comments in the 'what are you listening to thread!'

No, i lie, that must continue, but let us supplement it with.....

http://www.last.fm/

Then, proceed to join the group......

http://www.last.fm/group/TaleWorlds

Basically, it makes a note of what music you play on your computer, and then suggests other music you may like, and compiles charts of your most listened to tracks/artists. Others may see these, and see your music taste.

Joined up, of course.

Just bought some new albums, so it'll take a while for me to digest them.
MP3Sugar.com... 99c legal album downloads. Tasty. Only slightly annoying thing about them is you have to depost lump sums of $20 or $35 (which gives a bonus) at a time rather than paying per album. Ok, another annoying thing is that you have to download the tracks individually. I've considered writing a small app to download albums from them you've paid for automatically, but it hasn't become that annoying yet.

I didn't quite get this... I've downloaded the scrobbler and last FM player, Installed it to the WMP, so what is it supposed to do?
If I play something on the WMP it saves it and finds something similiar?

The Great Muffin said:
I didn't quite get this... I've downloaded the scrobbler and last FM player, Installed it to the WMP, so what is it supposed to do?
If you play something in the player you have the scrobbler set up for (WMP in your case), it will track the patterns of what you listen to on their site, and you can look for similar music to play on their Last FM player as well as music based on what a group listens to (such as the TaleWorlds group).
Others can also look at what you've been listening to.

I've just realized how obscure the stuff I'm listening to now really is after looking at the details on Last FM... :razz:

Last FM is awesome. I use it to fill iTunes with obscure album art that's difficult to find. I'll join later when I'm less hung over

Janus said:
The Great Muffin said:
If you play something in the player you have the scrobbler set up for (WMP in your case), it will track the patterns of what you listen to on their site, and you can look for similar music to play on their Last FM player as well as music based on what a group listens to (such as the TaleWorlds group).
Others can also look at what you've been listening to.

ok Thanks.

only 7 more members and we get charts  :grin:

We still need 4 people to join to get charts- COME ON PEOPLE! don't you listen to music? theres nothing *cough* to be ashamed of  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom