Largest stable companion parties in Brytenwalda (spoilers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the reply, Lohi-soturi.  I was using a raiding party combo suggested by Graycloak in another thread (Siwi / Ceawlin / Eadwin / Osmund / Matui / Inka / Frioc / Liuva / Agasicles / Aleifr / Ultan / Brian) and Aleifr never complained about raiding, but something must've changed since he posted that, because it wasn't stable in terms of likes/dislikes.

You're right that the biggest "stable" parties are very prone to moral shocks.  I like fighting Dena Pirates and I only take my companions plus 20-30 light-medium infantry into battle because later parties are too slow, plus I don't want to lose any important heavy infantry.  Usually it's a bloodbath, with me the only fighter standing which causes complaints.  I've had to pay money twice to keep my companions together. 

Darkath said:
I can't find Eadfrith anywhere in those tables, what should i do with him ?

If you take a look at the dilike matrix youl'll see that Eadfrith is disliked by four members so he's not likely to be in most of the big stable groups...he's featured in the 12 member stable raiding parties though.

Are you sure there's a companion named Liuva? Searched every town and can't find him/her, he/she also has no page under notes while the other companions do.

Go to import/export companion from camp menu, can you see Liuva there? He is one of the original so you should find him at some point, you know that they change places like once a month.

I can't begin to express my gratitude for this list. I have played Brytenwalda for a long time, and your list has spared me from much trouble.

Thank you, mighty sword-thane!

It's been a while.

However, isn't there a good cause to suspect that companion likes are as reciprocal in actuality as the dislikes? Why wouldn't they be, from a mechanical standpoint? You can argue from a design standpoint, yes, but as far as I understood dislikes being reciprocal was an unintended consequence, and if the engine happens to work that way for dislikes, it should work similarly with likes.

If we take this theory, what will the biggest stable parties be, then?

Why can't we just have an option to turn off the companion complaints? I mean They did take your money to go with you now they are part of the warband....they can't just up and desert without a penalty...like me killing them for desertion! or getting my money back. I'd rather just be able to not listen to them whine and have the companions have low morale...I realize they don't fight as well...but then I don't care as long as I get the extra bonuses they provide like trainer and entertainment etc.

Um, how is it possible that Onuist isn't in any of the Stable parties?

I see that he's in some Stable Raiding parties, but is there really no 12 man team that will accept Onuist? Where's the Pict love?

Back
Top Bottom