Largest stable companion parties in Brytenwalda (spoilers)

Currently viewing this thread:

DennisBergkamp

Sergeant
Best answers
GIL said:
Lohi-soturi thanks for the awesome thread, but I have one question: I'm pretty sure on native M&B and Prophesy of Pendor there's the same limit of *eight* companions (plus the player), over which there should be a constant decrease in relationship until one member leaves.
Is there something like this in Brytenwalda?
In PoP it's actually not true, you can definitely have a stable party of 10. In fact, I think 11 is even possible (I have not tested this though).
The FAQ erroneously states that you can only have 8.

I love the fact that Brytenwalda allows for a 16 companion party since you can customize all their equipment, and late game they are the best units on the team.

Lohi-soturi

Knight
Best answers
I've continued to playtest the stable raiding party #2. There is still something fishy about the dsilikes: Onuist has never complained about anyone but is still appalled by my choice of companions, even though neither Bridei nor Orosio is a member (Bridei was for a while, I just used her for the right to rule mission). Onuist has never tried to leave or anything but is just not happy. I wish I knew why.

For the time being I would advise people to stick with the strictly stable parties.

GIL

Sergeant
M&BWBVC
Best answers
It would be really helpful if someone could do a screen of the skill window of each companion (at the minimul level of experience).

In the meantime I'm gonna test the strictl stable raiding party :smile:

SocietalEclipse

Sergeant
Best answers
GIL said:
It would be really helpful if someone could do a screen of the skill window of each companion (at the minimul level of experience).
Get Morgh's Mount & Blade/Warband/With Fire & Sword Tools and you can see the starting stats of all the companions.

arsenic_vengeur

Knight at Arms
Best answers
I personally take all the heroes because they dont die, it saves money, and there is nothing like seeing your level 4 hero luckily killing a dena raider :smile:

Hidole555

Sergeant at Arms
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Lohi-soturi said:
I've continued to playtest the stable raiding party #2. There is still something fishy about the dsilikes: Onuist has never complained about anyone but is still appalled by my choice of companions, even though neither Bridei nor Orosio is a member (Bridei was for a while, I just used her for the right to rule mission). Onuist has never tried to leave or anything but is just not happy. I wish I knew why.

For the time being I would advise people to stick with the strictly stable parties.
So as long as I don't go raiding, either 16-man stable party will do?

Untitled.

Count
Best answers
arsenic_vengeur said:
I personally take all the heroes because they dont die, it saves money, and there is nothing like seeing your level 4 hero luckily killing a dena raider :smile:
They take a huge part of your loot. In the end, they might be more expensive than regular troops.

Mooncabbage

Sergeant
Best answers
Untitled. said:
arsenic_vengeur said:
They take a huge part of your loot. In the end, they might be more expensive than regular troops.
I don't think that's true. I don't think companions take any more of your loot than regular troops.

Mooncabbage

Sergeant
Best answers
Untitled. said:
They don't? They did in original M&B, but I guess that might have been a subject to change then.
Well it's a bit hard to test since loot is random, but Idibil seems to know his way about the game scripts pretty well and I believe he said it made no difference. I could be wrong about that though.

Basically I think loot is calculated along the same lines as renown gain for battles. The higher the renown bonus, the more loot you get. And renown bonus, so far as I know, is based entirely on respective party sizes.

Untitled.

Count
Best answers
Ah, okay. With the immense number of companions in this mod it would seem kind of out of place to hire them all and all of a sudden receive no loot.

Mooncabbage

Sergeant
Best answers
I have quite a few companions, chiefly because they don't die, and are quite a bit cheaper than other troops. I've never really noticed a huge drop in loot.

Hunterwolf

Baron
WB
Best answers
amount stolen depends on:
1.ot skill group "robbery"
2.ot size of the order in relation to the number of enemies (the smaller the unit, and more enemies, the more production)

English_Knight

Sergeant
Best answers
If Gwenellian is included in the list for stable raiding parties, I assume that means she won't object to raiding at all? (It's just so damn hard to find a medic that accepts raiding!)

Thorgil

Squire
Best answers
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
DOESNT WORK FOR ME ON THE NEWEST PATCH!!!
says couldt access data base to change sh.it...

any ideas? would appreciate help A LOT!
thanx.

Thorgil

Squire
Best answers
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
worked for me. I just had to manually "find" the Brytenwalda folder.
Uhtred, you mean like:
1. load module (warband)
2. set it on "Brytenwalda 1.39" --> continue
3. set path on folder: modules ... Brytenwalda

everytime i do this i get this message:

"There was an error connecting to the tweak database. TweakMB will now close.
As a possible fix, try running TweakMB as Administrator. If that doesn't work, redownload TweakMB and try again. If it still doesn't work, please send a PM to kefka95 on the Taleworlds forums (make sure to include the error detail below)."

:???:

ps: downloaded tweak several times... so its not a corrupt file i think.