Largest Stable Companion parties chart please?

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
boris the blade said:
Any chance of having list of stable parties for 2.012? I read in couple of posts that likes and dislikes changed since earlier patches
note: only affects a new game
 

Lohi-soturi

Knight
Best answers
0
boris the blade said:
Any chance of having list of stable parties for 2.012? I read in couple of posts that likes and dislikes changed since earlier patches
I could run the program again to generate new listings, but as I noted in a previous post I would like to know exactly what has changed in 2.012 compared to the 1.03 dislike matrix so that I know what to edit . I don't have any time to play vc myself for quite some time so I don't feel like entering the whole interaction matrix from scratch.
 

boris the blade

Regular
Best answers
0
So far, solveig likes brunhild, bodo hates solveig, and alcweig or something likes solveig...dont know if its different from previous chart
 

Sir Mordred

Sergeant at Arms
VCNWWF&SWB
Best answers
0
I *think* I've got companion relations figured out for 2.012. I can't guarantee accuracy for who dislikes pillaging villages, I didn't go looking for who dislikes failing quests or lack of food/money ect and some of the text when a companion is complaining about who I sent off as emissary is wrong--for example, after sending Solveig off Bodo complained but in the text he complains about Egil (who was still in my party) being sent as emissary.

Agathinos  Likes Ailchu            Dislikes Asbjorn, Beda; Ceawlin as emissary
Ailchu          Likes Agathinos    Dislikes Brunhild, Ceawlin; Egil as emissary
Asbjorn      Likes Bodo            Dislikes Agathinos; Beda as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Beda          Likes Agathinos    Dislikes Egil, Solveig; Asbjorn as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Bodo          Likes Asbjorn        Dislikes Helgi, Solveig; Solveig as emissary
Brunhild      Likes Clovis          Dislikes Ailchu, Reginhard; Morgant as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Caio            Likes Egil              Dislikes Beda, Dwywei; Clovis as emissary
Ceawlin      Likes Solveig        Dislikes Ailchu, Donnchadh; Helgi as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Clovis        Likes Brunhild      Dislikes Egil, Gelgi; Caio as emissary
Connchadh Likes Morgant      Dislikes Ceawlin, Dwywei; Dwywei as emissary
Dwywei      Likes Beda            Dislikes Donnchadh; Agathinos as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Egil            Likes Reginhard  Dislikes Morgant; Bodo as emissary
Helgi          Likes Reginhard    Dislikes Clovis, Egil; Donnchadh as emissary
Morgant    Likes Donnchadh    Dislikes Solveig; Reginhard as emissary
Reginhard  Likes Helgi            Dislikes Asbjorn, Brunhild; Brunhild as emissary
Solveig      Likes Brunhild      Dislikes Egil, Reginhard; Ailchu as emissary
 

Carpra

Squire
WBM&BVC
Best answers
0
Sir Mordred said:
I *think* I've got companion relations figured out for 2.012. I can't guarantee accuracy for who dislikes pillaging villages, I didn't go looking for who dislikes failing quests or lack of food/money ect and some of the text when a companion is complaining about who I sent off as emissary is wrong--for example, after sending Solveig off Bodo complained but in the text he complains about Egil (who was still in my party) being sent as emissary.

Agathinos  Likes Ailchu            Dislikes Asbjorn, Beda; Ceawlin as emissary
Ailchu          Likes Agathinos    Dislikes Brunhild, Ceawlin; Egil as emissary
Asbjorn      Likes Bodo            Dislikes Agathinos; Beda as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Beda          Likes Agathinos    Dislikes Egil, Solveig; Asbjorn as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Bodo          Likes Asbjorn        Dislikes Helgi, Solveig; Solveig as emissary
Brunhild      Likes Clovis          Dislikes Ailchu, Reginhard; Morgant as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Caio            Likes Egil              Dislikes Beda, Dwywei; Clovis as emissary
Ceawlin      Likes Solveig        Dislikes Ailchu, Donnchadh; Helgi as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Clovis        Likes Brunhild      Dislikes Egil, Gelgi; Caio as emissary
Connchadh Likes Morgant      Dislikes Ceawlin, Dwywei; Dwywei as emissary
Dwywei      Likes Beda            Dislikes Donnchadh; Agathinos as emissary; Pillaging Villages
Egil            Likes Reginhard  Dislikes Morgant; Bodo as emissary
Helgi          Likes Reginhard    Dislikes Clovis, Egil; Donnchadh as emissary
Morgant    Likes Donnchadh    Dislikes Solveig; Reginhard as emissary
Reginhard  Likes Helgi            Dislikes Asbjorn, Brunhild; Brunhild as emissary
Solveig      Likes Brunhild      Dislikes Egil, Reginhard; Ailchu as emissary
I made using the companion relations of Sir Mordred.
http://1drv.ms/1SeiXbO
Anyone feel free to update.
 

Phalnax811

Sergeant
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
0
And I removed (tweaked) Companion relations so I can actually command whoever I want as adults instead of commanding little petty children :smile:
 

Carpra

Squire
WBM&BVC
Best answers
0
Phalnax811 said:
And I removed (tweaked) Companion relations so I can actually command whoever I want as adults instead of commanding little petty children :smile:
So please make a "how to" for those who want doing the same.
 

Phalnax811

Sergeant
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Carpra said:
Phalnax811 said:
And I removed (tweaked) Companion relations so I can actually command whoever I want as adults instead of commanding little petty children :smile:
So please make a "how to" for those who want doing the same.
It is in the large Tweaks thread...for convenience:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7900123.html#msg7900123
 

JuJu70

Phalnax811 said:
And I removed (tweaked) Companion relations so I can actually command whoever I want as adults instead of commanding little petty children :smile:
weakling with no balls  :razz:
 

Phalnax811

Sergeant
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
0
JuJu70 said:
Phalnax811 said:
And I removed (tweaked) Companion relations so I can actually command whoever I want as adults instead of commanding little petty children :smile:
weakling with no balls  :razz:
A dozen adult companions can't all get along?

Then why does an army of 500 soldiers get along with each other no problem?

CHECKMATE CHRISTIANS!

*drops mic*

(Companion instability has annoyed me since Warband. Nothing personal.)
 

JuJu70

Then why does an army of 500 soldiers get along with each other no problem?
There was an idea to add more instability, but you already get party morale hit to size and different religions. So, no they don't all like each other but we can't bring it down to the level of each individual bot.
 

Phalnax811

Sergeant
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Carpra said:
The companions relations it's just a way to add strategy to the game.
JuJu70 said:
Then why does an army of 500 soldiers get along with each other no problem?
There was an idea to add more instability, but you already get party morale hit to size and different religions. So, no they don't all like each other but we can't bring it down to the level of each individual bot.
Yeah I love strategy but micromanaging that was never fun in Warband so that's why I love the tweak to cancel out their pettiness :smile:
 

bill2505

Squire
Best answers
0
JuJu70 said:
Then why does an army of 500 soldiers get along with each other no problem?
There was an idea to add more instability, but you already get party morale hit to size and different religions. So, no they don't all like each other but we can't bring it down to the level of each individual bot.
one reason i like companions (and want all of them) is because you can make them as you wish(change their skill or equipment) and because i hate memorizing who hates who.
.could somone post a way to prevent comp leaving
 

Phalnax811

Sergeant
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
0
bill2505 said:
JuJu70 said:
Then why does an army of 500 soldiers get along with each other no problem?
There was an idea to add more instability, but you already get party morale hit to size and different religions. So, no they don't all like each other but we can't bring it down to the level of each individual bot.
one reason i like companions (and want all of them) is because you can make them as you wish(change their skill or equipment) and because i hate memorizing who hates who.
.could somone post a way to prevent comp leaving
Yeah I posted the link above to the tweaks thread....


It is in the large Tweaks thread...for convenience:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7900123.html#msg7900123


This pretty much negates companions hating each other so in essence, they'll only leave if you're a s*** leader.

 

Lohi-soturi

Knight
Best answers
0
Lets review the info that has been posted here on the relatioships between the characters:

The relationships for 1.03b, by Ivan Khan. This was obviously well tested and trustworthy, but is now supposedly outdated:

CharacterLikeDislikeDislike
AgathinosAilchuAsbjornBeda
AilchuAgathinosCeawlinBrunhild
AsbjornBodoAgathinosReginhard
BedaAgathinosSolveigEgil
BodoAsbjornHelgiSolveig
BrunhildClovisReginhardAilchu
CaioEgilBedaDwywei
CeawlinSolveigAilchuDonnchadh
ClovisBrunhildEgilHelgi
DonnchadhMorgantDwyweiCeawlin
DwyweiBedaDonnchadhCaio
EgilBrunhildClovisMorgant
HelgiReginhardEgilClovis
MorgantDonnchadhSolveigEgil
ReginhardHelgiBrunhildAsbjorn
SolveigBrunhildReginhardEgil


The relationships for 2.012 by Baki667:

CharacterLikeDislikeDislike
AgathinosAilchuAsbjornBeda
AilchuAgathinosBrunhildCeawlin
AsbjornBodoAgathinosReginhard
BedaAgathinosEgilSolveig
BodoBedaHelgiSolveig
BrunhildClovisAilchuReginhard
CaioEgilBedaDwyvei
CeawlinSolveigAilchuDonnchadh
ClovisBrunhildEgilHelgi
DonnchadhMorgantCeawlinDwyvei
DwyveiBedaCaioDonnchadh
EgilBrunhildClovisMorgant
HelgiReginhardClovisEgil
MorgantDonnchadhEgilSolveig
ReginhardHelgiBrunhildCaio
SolveigBrunhildEgilReginhard

and the relationships for 2.012 by Sir Mordred:

CharacterLikeDislikeDislike
Agathinos  Ailchu            Asbjorn Beda
Ailchu          Agathinos    Brunhild Ceawlin
Asbjorn      Bodo            Agathinos?
Beda          Agathinos    Egil Solveig
Bodo          Asbjorn        Helgi Solveig
Brunhild      Clovis          Ailchu Reginhard
Caio            Egil              Beda Dwywei
Ceawlin      Solveig        Ailchu Donnchadh
Clovis        Brunhild      Egil Helgi
Donnchadh Morgant      Ceawlin Dwywei
Dwywei      Beda            Donnchadh?
Egil            Reginhard  Morgant?
Helgi          Reginhard    Clovis Egil
Morgant    Donnchadh    Solveig?
Reginhard  Helgi            Asbjorn Brunhild
Solveig      Brunhild      Egil Reginhard

Hopefully I've copied their posts succesfully.

We notice that according to Baki's information the changes in 2.012 vs 1.03b are that now:
1) Bodo likes Beda instead of Asbjorn
2 )and Reginhard dislikes Caio instead of Asbjorn.

However, Sir Mordred's (unfortunately not quite complete) info says otherwise: Bodo still likes Asbjorn and likewise Reginhard still dislikes  Asbjorn and not Caio. In Sir Mordred's version the change from 1.03b is that now:
1) Egil likes Reginhard instead of Brunhild

hopefully both have started a new game under 2.012 as we have been told that the relationships are set when the campaign starts. But since the new information is contradictory they can't both be true unless they have been started under different post 1.03b versions of the game or in worst case the developers have made the dislikes (gasp) partly random.

The obvious corollary is that we still don't have good enough information to produce any maximal stable party listings for 2.012. Is there anyone out there who is skilled enough (and willing to spend the time) to reverse engineer the exact relationship info from the game text files? It was xyp's great reverse engineering work that originally made it possible to make these listings for Brytenwalda. As I don't have any time to play the game for a long long time, I'm not going to even try to do it myself.

Cheers, lohi.
 

Ivan Khan

Knight
WBVC
Best answers
0
Did not see it listed anywhere for version two, but all Companions are now available in storyline. If you do not know where here is a list:

Storyline In Order of Appearance:

302 Reginhard ~ main quest (Dorestad)
297 Brunhild ~ main quest (Doccinga w/ship)
300 Bodo ~ main quest (Sven's Lair, Danmark)
296 Egil ~ main quest (Danmark)
305 Solveig ~ main quest (Danmark)
309 Agathinos ~ main quest (after Odin's Cave, Northvegr)
306 Asbjorn ~ main quest (Ribe)
310 Beda ~ main quest (Boar Grove)


Available in Fixed Place at Start of Storyline:

295 Caio ~ Hadridan's Wall (quest requires 8 wheat)
298 Donnchadh ~ Aileach
299 Morgant ~ Brycheiniog
301 Dwywei ~ Ancient Stones (in front houses on left)
303 Clovis ~ Cantwaraburh
304 Ceawlin ~  Lundenwic
307 Helgi ~ Jorvik
308 Ailchu ~  Caiseal



 

Sargiel

Recruit
Best answers
0
Is there anyway of confirming which companions are pagan without recruiting them and then checking for morale hits in the party screen?

I know Solveig, Asbjorn, Helgi and Egil are and the first three can play nicely together - but are there any others?
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
Sargiel said:
Is there anyway of confirming which companions are pagan without recruiting them
now that the source is available you can check this directly in the game code

motomataru said:
OK, the last release didn't get released, which is fine because there was a small slew of issues that remained. Given that 2.023 is in beta as of today, I present this to you, the faithful (if not totally patient) few. Kindly let us know what is missing (besides the skyboxes source), so we can make a complete version for TW to put up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8432316/Viking%20Conquest%20Source.7z
 

Ivan Khan

Knight
WBVC
Best answers
0
Sargiel said:
Is there anyway of confirming which companions are pagan without recruiting them and then checking for morale hits in the party screen?

I know Solveig, Asbjorn, Helgi and Egil are and the first three can play nicely together - but are there any others?

Pagan Companions are:

296 Egil
305 Solveig 
306 Asbjorn 
301 Dwywei
307 Helgi