Laptop Plugged in, Not Charging

Users who are viewing this thread

So, a while back my old laptop started getting this. Got a new cord and took it in to the shop a few times. It would work for a few weeks then get the "Plugged in, not charging" error again. Eventually it just refused to turn on at all. Now I've got a brand spanking new $800 laptop that I've had for 4 months and it's doing the same ****ing ****. I don't want this one to die like the other. I have multiple chargers from the last one, and they all give the same error. If I plug it in before I turn it on it charges, but as soon as the cord comes out (which is easy for it to do, as it fits in very not snugly) it refuses to hold a charge again. Does anyone know what's up and how to fix it? I've Googled it extensively and tried updating drivers, removing the battery and plugging it back in, reinstalling associated things, etc. This is a completely different model from my last laptop and it's doing the same thing that killed my old one. I just want to know where I'm ****ing up here and how to stop ****ing up.

I believe that's intended behavior to prevent overcharge and degredation of the battery. I ran into a similar issue with my laptop and my research came up with that answer. Could be different or a bug in your case because I only saw it at >95% charge.

Perhaps there's a power setting in Windows that is causing it, if it detects that the laptop is always plugged in.

I had something alike with Windows 8.1. It got fixed after upgrading to Windows 10. Either way, I'm sure it's a software issue. Try to reinstall the OS if every other attempt fails.

I have this same issue! I have also reinstalled the driver, reinstalled windows 10 as well as bought a new charger. My laptop is a brand new Predator Helios 300 that I bought two weeks ago. I only Experience this issue while playing Mount and Blade Banner Lord. This was the first game I put on the laptop. When I start the game with my laptop plugged in my laptop would stop charging almost immediately. The only way to get it to connect is to unplug the laptop from the AC adapter and plug it back in. The laptop would show connection to the laptop but only for about 30 seconds or so and then disconnect. The longest I got it to charge while playing was probably about 5 minutes. I have no issues with charging in any other situation. If I'm not playing Mount and Blade and just browsing the web, watching youtube, doing classes or playing other games it performs perfect. I installed Witcher 3 and can play that game for hours without a single charging issue.

Back
Top Bottom