Language

Users who are viewing this thread

Distinction of blue and green in various languages is an interesting topic in my opinion. For example, in Turkish, people from rural areas can still refer to blue (mavi, from Arabic) objects as green (yeşil, Turkish origin) as well as the green ones. I think rural people's being less corrupted with the overflood of foreign words might cause them to use a Turkish Word instead or I'm just overthinking about it and the real reason about it is that most people all around the World have a difficulty distinguishing blue and green. There is also a Word (çakır) means light blue in Turkish. That word's root is the verb "çak" which is used in phrases like lighting strike (şimşek çakması), nail down (çivi çakmak). One might see why there is superstitions*** about people with blue eyes in Turkish lore. Even the Word describing their eye color is intimidating (The word is generally used for describing eye color).

***People with blue eyes have higher chance of causing something or someone harm if they glare the item or the person with evil eye (with jealousy). More information on wiki page Evil Eye. Numerous cultures have the superstition, therefore phrases about them. It would be interesting to discuss them.

So learning Arabic is too complicated (I'm **** at learning new alphabet).

So I'm on to plan B.
I'll learn German.
Any tips you guys can give me? (Wellen and other German tips are most welcome too)

You shouldn't ask Germans, we never had to learn this **** and in my experience most of us do not know why stuff is the way it is.
Ask folks that suffered through years learning it. Like... dunno.. Ulf and Epicrules or something.
Ana4sh's German is got good really really fast as well.

RabbleKnight said:
So learning Arabic is too complicated (I'm **** at learning new alphabet).

So I'm on to plan B.
I'll learn German.
Any tips you guys can give me? (Wellen and other German tips are most welcome too)

Start liking a few German bands and learn their lyrics by heart, even if you don't understand it at first. Sing in the shower or whenever you're alone. That's always helped me.

Highly useful!
"Hallo, mein Name ist Hanz Hosenzauber. Wie gehts? Wie heißt du eigentlich und was tust du hier? Ist halt nicht jeden Tag, dass ich einen stark-schwulen eingeölten Mann in meinem Garten vorfinde wenn ich mich gerade an meinem Hund vergehen möchte."
- Du.... Du hast... Du hast mich... Du hast mich gefragt. Und ich hab nichts gesagt!

You will certainly be the talk of the town for a day as they drag you screaming into the nearest asylum.

Then let's start Rabble's lessons right here:
Rammstein
Ein Mensch brennt
Rammstein
Fleischgeruch in der Luft
Rammstein
ein Kind stirbt
Rammstein
die Sonne scheint

Rammstein
ein Flammenmeer
Rammstein
Blut gerinnt auf dem Asphalt
Rammstein
Mütter schreien
Rammstein
die Sonne scheint

Rammstein
ein Massengrab
Rammstein
kein Entrinnen
Rammstein
kein Vogel singt mehr
Rammstein
die Sonne scheint

Rammstein

Rammstein
a human burns
Rammstein
the smell of meat on the air
Rammstein
a child dies
Rammstein
the sun is shining

Rammstein
a sea of flame
Rammstein
Blut is clotting on concrete
Rammstein
mothers cry
Rammstein
the sun in shining

Rammstein
a mass grave
Rammstein
no escape
Rammstein
no bird is singing
Rammstein
the sun is shining

A light hearted reverie, like I said.
Enchanting even.

Any French speakers able to translate this for me? Pretty please!

AM9USLU.jpg

owGEWcu.jpg

pACLFer.jpg

Fj6T2LY.jpg

S83eGS7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom