Language support

Users who are viewing this thread

red56

Recruit
Hi, Im not sure if this is the right place to post. But in mount and blade warband is it possible to make your characters name in Japanese. Specifically the Hiragana alphabet. Thanks for any replies given.

Hi red56,

I have just tried doing this by going to "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\Native" and opening my "sg##.sav" with notepad. I noticed that I could change the name in that file by search and replacing(ctrl+f) my previous name.

So when I restarted all was looking promising as I replaced the name on my screen but I got a hashing error. My suggestions would be to try and export or import a character and see what it does. Or find a way which I'm not allowed to advertise to change a few values around.

Windle, thank you for a reply. But, I may have worded it wrong. I meant in multiplayer. Also more so of Napoleonic wars multiplayer then Native multiplayer.

So I should say: Is there a way to make your Napoleonic Wars characters name in Japanese (Hiragana alphabet).

Hi red56,

I've went through some files for you and found the following statement "ui_invalid_username|Usernames may only contain letters, numbers or _ - * [ ] ~ characters". This means that there is a function programmed in the game called ui_invalid_username which only allows characters from what i wrote above.

So to answer your question, it's legally not possible to make a japanese name using the Hiragana alphabet.

I do not own Napoleonic Wars but I'm sure the client is the same when it comes down to user interface on most part. I also wanna add that I'm not held responsible for any actions made using this knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom