Lane/Warband recruitment

Users who are viewing this thread

What is the deference between the two recruitment systems? I'm sorry if i over looked the topic about this if there is one. I played LANCE style for few but more comfortable with WARBAND only because i get how that one works and don't want to keep restarting game to get it right.

Using the lance recruitment system means you can only recruit troops from villages you own. They are free to recruit if your current faction is at war and vice versa. With lance recruitment you're able to form up a larger army quicker as each Lance consists of a variety of units, but these also take time to regenerate (A week for every lance I think).

More info:

DrTomas said:
Feudal lance system mechanics:
If you are fiefless lord:
You will be able to recruit mercenaries from taverns cheaper.
Your unit upkeep will be lowered.
You won't be able to recruit units from fiefs

If you are lord with a fief:
You will be able to recruit lances(each lance - 10men) from your fief.
In times of war, recruiting lances does not cost anything.
In times of peace your troop upkeep will be increased.
Castle/Town garrisons will automatically recruit units. Currently the player has no control over it. There upkeep will not be payed from players purse.
Lances composition are based on the centers prosperity.

General things:
NPC lord uses lances for there recruitment as well.
Each fief can have up to 10 lances. Except at the beginning of the game - this so the lords could successfully make parties at the beginning of the game without the need to wait for a few weeks.
Each center refills one lance each week.

Prince of Judah said:
Which is better, Lance or Warband? I am looking for user opinions.
Lance is cool because you receive a mixed group of soldiers, experienced and varying. I enjoy it but I personally use the Warband recruitment system because I like choosing how my armies composition ends up by upgrading my party members manually.

Personally I prefer the lance recruitment. Troops are nicely mixed and I don't have to care about fiefs' garrisons. This system is better for later game, larger scale fighting, faction wars. Some mercenaries are good to alter the troop mix but since they're cheaper that's not a problem.

I captured a town in the holy land "Tarsus" and I set the garrison to "HUGE" but after waiting and defending several days, maybe weeks against the Ilkhanat and the Mamluks all i got were 9(!!!!) peasents.

What did I do wrong? How long am I supposed to wait there? It already has a lot of lances that I can recruit (so defending is okay, because they always come one by one) can't I just put those as a garrison? :sad:

I noticed that in my games as well. I wonder if there's some problem with it. With the lance system and not being able to add garrison is tough (well, not really, just troublesome) and sometimes (actually most of the time) the auto-garrison simply refuse to appear. Sadly, the same can't be said for AI - their garrison seems to replenish itself as quickly as possible.  :razz:

I dont know what fixed it. I loaded and changed to Very Big and to other garrison sizes and one day I had 30 troops in it. After that I changed back to Huge and now it seems to fill it self up.

Cenavin said:
I captured a town in the holy land "Tarsus" and I set the garrison to "HUGE" but after waiting and defending several days, maybe weeks against the Ilkhanat and the Mamluks all i got were 9(!!!!) peasents.

What did I do wrong? How long am I supposed to wait there? It already has a lot of lances that I can recruit (so defending is okay, because they always come one by one) can't I just put those as a garrison? :sad:
You know that you must pay them really? i mean if you dont have the enough gold to keep them into castle they are going to leave the castle and desert...

Cenavin said:
I dont know what fixed it. I loaded and changed to Very Big and to other garrison sizes and one day I had 30 troops in it. After that I changed back to Huge and now it seems to fill it self up.
Sadly doesn't work for me.  :neutral:

Leonidas300 said:
Cenavin said:

You know that you must pay them really? i mean if you dont have the enough gold to keep them into castle they are going to leave the castle and desert...
My treasury is filled to the brim and it's like that - so no, I don't think it's a money problem.

Leonidas300 said:
Cenavin said:

Shouldnt be a problem. I had 50k. There were two big fights. One with the Ilkhanat and one with the Mamluks in both I captured (with the help of other lords of course) half of both armies. I had like 10 or more lords as prisoners. That gave me a lot of money. Also looting. A lot of looting. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom