Lances in warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Have any other beta players noticed how hard it is to use lances now? my lance just passes right through people and doesn't do a thing. i hope they fix that. other than that its great :smile:

hit me up if anyone else is finding it hard to use lances, i need to know its not just me! I guess they have done it so that multiplayer isn't ruled by cavalry...

It's usually the lag, or if you're using couch lance the hit detection seems to be a little off with that. Thrusting has become much better I find.

Yah there's still a lot of work that needs to be done on lances, either fixing the code for lancing itself or the netcode for detection of being hit.  I don't rock the best ping in the world (100+) but it's not THAT bad and my lances shouldn't be passing straight through people. 

The worst part is riding next to someone and trying to lance them.  You'll never hit them even if you're going the same speed (same mount). 

They've made using lances challenging, interesting and incredibly rewarding if you master it.

I fell in love with lances about two years ago when I first tried mount and blade, I didn't know about couching so I spendt weeks learning how to thrust before I accidentally read about couching on the forum (nub me), but by then I was in love, and in warband it's gone from a fun way to pig-stick newbie AI's to a thrilling duell where a split second determines which of the lancers win with so many tiny tactics and moments of timing to be mastered that I doubt i'll ever run out of minor skills to improve on.

Couched lancing is more difficult now because you are giving control of your lance, it's no longer just a "point" on your horses head.

Back
Top Bottom