Lancer

Users who are viewing this thread

You realize blunt damage is much more worse because it nearly ignores armor?
I am aware that it is effective against armor. Swingable polearms on horseback seem to be a very fickle thing to balance and it seems like they need to be powerful enough to be worth the cost that the Lancer currently costs. There's a reason why I mentioned that they were the Khuzait's saving grace.

I am aware that it is effective against armor. Swingable polearms on horseback seem to be a very fickle thing to balance and it seems like they need to be powerful enough to be worth the cost that the Lancer currently costs. There's a reason why I mentioned that they were the Khuzait's saving grace.
Imo khuzait cav is perfectly fine now with the longer lance and spears added. No reason to further buff them.

Regarding the idea of nerfing swingable polearms, I wonder if the game has certain systems in place to mitigate the possibility of one-hit-kills from full health. In my experience from playing other Cavalry units, I found that thrusting damage while on horseback isn't nearly as powerful as I remember with previous versions of the game, though the Metal Pitchfork seems to hit a lot harder than other polearms while on horseback.

Perhaps whatever damage scaling formulas are being used with thrusting weapons on horseback could be applied to swingable weapons? It'd definitely hurt the Lancer's Heavy Glaive and Courser's Cavalry Menavlion since both weapons already have the downside of not having as much reach compared to most spears.

And with the Heavy Glaive being pretty important to Khuzait's faction balancing, I imagine that they'd have to replace it with a swingable/thrustable blunt weapon to compensate for whatever damage calculations get nerfed regarding the usage of glaives/menavlions on horseback.

Why did this guy get a 10% swing speed perk whilst also having access to the glaive? Didn't we decide menavlion on cav was obviously extremely broken? Glaive is essentially the same.

Why did this guy get a 10% swing speed perk whilst also having access to the glaive? Didn't we decide menavlion on cav was obviously extremely broken? Glaive is essentially the same.
Honestly, I feel like menav cav was the only thing that deterred people from spamming archers. Heavy Glaive and Cavalry Menavlion would usually get out-stabbed by most cavalry units even with their default spears when paired with a shield.

After the glave is nerfed heavily, lancer is really bad compared to empire/vlandian heavy cavalries.
In my opinion they should either be best or cheaper, considering Khuzait is cavalry based faction. Right?

Back
Top Bottom