Lair is populated with wrong troop (next in troops, not the one from party template)

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I was playing and tweaking around my ACOK 8.0 installation (Yea, yea, I know, messing around .txt voids the warranty... But there was not any warranty, so what =D ).

And I happened to run onto a bandit lair, and it had one type of troop in its encounter screen and another troop type was populating its scene (and they all fell to my mighty band of companions, hehe.)

But I was curious, I went to Morgh's Editor and I looked into party template for that lair... And it listed the first troop as populating it, the one whose name was on the encounter screen. But why, why was the scene populated by the NEXT troop in troops.txt? And why for that one type of lair only?

The lair troop is in game menus, not party templates

(party_get_template_id, ":template", "$g_encountered_party"),

(try_begin),
(eq, ":template", "pt_sea_raider_lair"),
(assign, ":bandit_troop", "trp_sea_raider"),
(assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_lair_sea_raiders"),
and so on

The lair troop is in game menus, not party templates

and so on
Ah, wonderful!

So, whoever is in the lair is determined at the time of module's compilation, is not taken at runtime from lair's party template, and so changing party template for the lair in .txt file does nothing (or almost nothing), am I understanding this right?

Back
Top Bottom