L'Aigle Spanish translation (Updated to 1.41!)

Users who are viewing this thread

HoJu

Grandmaster Knight
Finally, after quite a few months in the works, I release to the world a Spanish translation for L'Aigle.

Current version is made for version 1.41 but it probably will mostly work with earlier versions,

INSTALLATION
First of all, I recommend you make a backup of menus.txt which you'll find in the main L'Aigle folder, as I had to modify it to make some parts of the translation work properly. I had no trouble so far running the mod in both English and Spanish but better safe than sorry.
1. unzip the translation in the folder MountBlade Warband\Modules\L'Aigle
2. Overwrite when asked
3. Launch Mount&Blade Warband and select Español in the language config
4. Play L'Aigle in Spanish!

• Download the translation: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7du1ge88aiepca/traducci%C3%B3n+L'Aigle+1.4.zip
-Faction names and faction troops are left in their respective languages as in the original, but, as some people asked for it, here's an optional factions.csv file for those who want the faction names translated. This goes in the language\es folder. Overwrite when asked. Made by xiroc.
  • Optional factions file: https://mega.nz/#!S1E2BLQL!AKjIQhS8Cah4IeHX7lbpqF3kmTiSaM-uu_kn8f__4ps

This is mostly for the people of the Spanish-speaking community but as it is kind of a submod I think it the proper thing to do to post it here aswell. Maybe Docm would consider making it official and including it in the mod. I'll do my best to update the translation for future releases

Besides translating the all-new quests, items, and texts created by Docm30 I took the liberty to modify some other medieval stuff left from native, like changing most mentions to "lords" and "vassals" for "governors" or "generals" as I saw fit. As I used the official Spanish translation of Warband as a base for the native bits I also had to extensively change the forms of address (and in Spanish that means changing nearly every verb) for more modern equivalents.

This is my first full translation so there sure are typos, errors and the like. I'll try to get feedback from the users and correct any flaws we find.

10/25/15. Link updated to include the ui.csv file.
10/30/15. Link updated (mostly correction in game_menus file) and added optional factions file.
02/01/16. Link updated to version 1.41, added menus.txt and new installation guide

A question to Docm: many cheat options are not in the language files so I can't translate them. Are they otherwise accessible to be translated without messing with the Module System or advanced codes and such?

HoJu said:
A question to Docm: many cheat options are not in the language files so I can't translate them. Are they otherwise accessible to be translated without messing with the Module System or advanced codes and such?

Crap, the same happens with the quartermaster menus in the military depots. The game_menus file only contains some of the options, so when translated, only those few options seem to overwrite the rest, and the result looks like this. This is the Neapolitan Depot and as you can see no unique troops or ranks are listed, only generic French ones.
74B5594BD4C0974298574256DFEA3D674B74F160
They still lead to the various uniforms to buy but it's very confusing and I'd like to fix it if possible.

Please, I could really use a hand with this.

I managed to fix the menu thing by manually editing the menus.txt so that no unit had the same ID, which was causing the repeated lines in the post above, and adding every individual line to the game_menus.csv. It seems to work both in English and Spanish so I'm quite pleased.

First post updated.

Back
Top Bottom