L'aigle Hype

Users who are viewing this thread

Franko

Regular
I thought I jump on the topic bandwagon by having one dedicated to Napoleonic era films to help raise the dongers for docm.

A well made war movie for everyone.

The original movie about Napoleon not the cringe worthy mini series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4EcRSoOG_w
War and Peace in its truest form, Russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr1vsU-6vuU
One of the most accurate Napoleonic-era films made.

Though not about the Napoleonic Wars its still a very good film on the French revolution and its aftermath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6qtLWwJq9U

I'd love to see your movie suggestions for L'Aigle hype and your opinion on these!  Raise the dongers for Docm ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I have no idea as to just how "realistic" it is, but one of my all time favorite movies is Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. Although, everyone here has probably seen it.

I liked the 2009 version of war and peace as well as the 1972 BBC adaptation which is fully on YouTube.
Is the original also available with english subtitles?

No subtitles for War and Peace. And when there is, they're out of sync.

Though its about the French revolutionary wars, Abel Gance's "Napoleon" is what I'm REALLY dying to see. It's literally the eight deadly sin that that film isn't widely available, preferably on blu-ray.

I have to say, the mod is quite lacking in terms of content atm (very understandable given it's alpha state). But from what i've played so far, i'm simply impressed. The graphical overhaul is great. The horse & model quality are a massive upgrade compared to vanilla. The gun shot effects and sounds are both visceral and bombastic. It is very satisfying to see 30 rifleman fire a full salvo at a charging group of bandit. It just feels epic.

I really hope to see more improvements on the mod soon, cause right now this is looking like it could become one of the top mods available.

Also, the new font and UI are very clear and clean.

All in all, good work on the mod so far and i hope to see some more substantial updates in the near future

I don't think the Napoleon Miniseries is particularly cringeworthy but okay... Otherwise there's the Waterloo movie from 1970! It's a great one in my opinion. Heck, it's even featured at the theatre of the battlefield museum in Waterloo in real life!  :smile:

Don't liked too much the War and Peace from 1968 (but I guess is better than the crappy hollywood one) and Waterloo (1970). But I admit I was bored and perhaps not too receptive in that moment.

My favorites of that era are without a doubt The Duellist, Master & commander (love the age of sails era), and Barry Lyndon (yeah, is early I know).
I liked Danton too, another film about the french revolution.

On the topic of naval films set around this period, there's HMS. Defiant (1962) with Alec Guinness, about a ship during the time of the Spithead Mutiny of 1797. And of course the several adaptations of the Bounty mutiny. Oh, and Billy Budd (also 1962), though it's not an action war film, but is set aboard a british ship.

ComradeInfallible said:
I have no idea as to just how "realistic" it is, but one of my all time favorite movies is Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. Although, everyone here has probably seen it.

This. Would have won a lot more Oscars if it wasn't for LotR 'stealing' them all. Last time I mentioned that movie though, CPT.Quintus and Takeda Shingen started hating on me for mentioning naval battles or something and began talking about fish and chips... :sad:

Ostboll said:
ComradeInfallible said:

This. Would have won a lot more Oscars if it wasn't for LotR 'stealing' them all. Last time I mentioned that movie though, CPT.Quintus and Takeda Shingen started hating on me for mentioning naval battles or something and began talking about fish and chips... :sad:

That movie was good enough to warrant its planned sequels. Stupid LotR....

Ostboll said:
ComradeInfallible said:

Er... When have I said I hated Masters and Commanders? I love this movie to death (since I like Russel Crowe). You had negative  responses because you were obnoxious about a mod that simply wouldn't have its place in L'Aigle.

Nice self-victimization though.

CPT.Quintus said:
Ostboll said:
ComradeInfallible said:

Er... When have I said I hated Masters and Commanders? I love this movie to death (since I like Russel Crowe). You had negative  responses because you were obnoxious about a mod that simply wouldn't have its place in L'Aigle.

Nice self-victimization though.

Didn't mean to start conflict...

It's not your fault. I don't want conflicts either, I just don't like when someone says something about me that is completely uncalled for.

But lets go back to the topic.

Back
Top Bottom