Lagging with good PC

Users who are viewing this thread

you could have solved the problem from options of your previous graphic card but anyways, at least trebron still can play with his gtx 8800

Nvidia configurations can overwrite the applications settings regarding the graphic, might be that some settings got messed up with an update or something.

Was the framerate locked at 30 or could it just not reach more than 30?

Hey Carpe,

This has been a big issue in the town watch and I've answered it a couple of times so here comes the copy-paste:

Windle said:

Summary:
Graphic cards don't support Warband anymore. To use your monster graphics card you would have to rollback to an older version, which criples everything else in your system except this game.
So now that you're playing on your cpu, I did a look on cpuboss.com to see the numbers. This is what caught my eye:

- Your CPU does not have an integrated GPU so it has to calculate everything on its core.
- You have more then enough cores on your CPU but warband is single-threaded which means only 1 Core is actually used.
- 1 of your cores produce 0.25 MB/core of data transfer per tick. If you are rendering a lot(warband) then this is horrible for fps.
- You have enough l3 cache but very little l2 cache for the internal calculations, 1MB to be precise. This is also a fps killer in single core games.

Conclusion:
Sacrifice your whole system to rollback graphics card to pre 2015 GPU driver for warband or wait for Bannerlord(and pray for multithreading).

Back
Top Bottom