LAG troubles strategic map

Users who are viewing this thread

Not enough posts from you?  This must be the 4th thread with the same subject from you, go away, please?

Your CPUs magnetism must be out of whack.

Take a magnet, (the stronger the better), and run it over your CPU.  Be sure to only re-magnetism in one direction, as in left-right, up-down or down-up.  A combination of directions will only cause more harm.

-Instance

Othr, I wonder if you should make it clearer somewhere that your recommended campaign difficulty is "poor". i noticed a remarkable improvement in the stutters when I switched to that.

Really?  Interesting because there is no AI boost (as in more AI calculations) in either mode.

No, but wouldn't there be less overall units on the map, or activity?

Maybe it's just placebo effect, in which case I'm going to try and forget I ever brought it up, so as not to ruin it!

well if your problem is lag on the campain map there is more than one thread that explains that there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it and it is affecting us all. some stutter  fewer than others and some say its unplayable, well dunno what makes the differences between just a little and unplayable but its seems crappy computer can handle the mod better than high end rigs :razz:

hope this helps and no one will ever create another thread like this.

edit: i actually counted the topics related to the lags and there are 7. 4 of them are created by noks99. now you understand the sarcastic replies, maybe.

try running Game Booster - it's a piece of software closing all unneeded services and background running programs. i dunno if it'll help but when my GPU cooling system got almost-dead it used to help and actually boosted performance. it's free... google it.

and consider yourself lucky if the game doesn't crash while saving with this mod :wink:

For the 700th ****ing time, it's impossible to get rid of the stutter on the main map. It's caused by the tens of thousands of scripts that the game's weak ass engine is being flooded with. The only way to reduce this is to reduce the number of factions/lords/ect in the game. However othr has no intention of doing so and would rather quit working on the mod than do it. So get used to the stutter and keep playing the game, complain to Taleworlds to use a better engine, or stfu and leave.

I just got the mod and it works fine so far. . .  And my PC blows goats. It tosses salad like a pro. If my PC were in computer prison, it would be ***** to a Mac, of all things. (Yeah, it sucks that bad.)

Here are my stats: Athlon 3800, 1.5 gb ram, 256 mb geforce 7900.

It's day 35 and I have yet to experience this lag you speak of, apart from a very mild stutter on the map, which is a freeze that lasts for a couple miliseconds. If you can't wait two miliseconds once in a while, play another game. If your lag is a lot worse than that, close other background programs and turn down your settings. If you think you've already done that, you haven't done it right (and I can't look at your computer to figure out how you screwed up) or your computer tosses better salad than mine.

If the former, use your brain. If the latter, get a new PC. Mine is almost a decade out of date and it apparently wipes the floor with yours.

Diavolo said:
Othr, please add this question to the FAQ for people to easier find an answer to this question.

Read the link in the FAQ going to my post concerning lag problems. Don't ask for something that's already there.

Yeah most people don't because they don't bother taking the time to look, they'd rather come on here and whine about it.

Kinsume said:
Yeah most people don't because they don't bother taking the time to look, they'd rather come on here and whine about it.
Maybe some people have a real life and don't have time to read the thousands posts. Ever thought about that ?

Steffenximus said:
Kinsume said:
Maybe some people have a real life and don't have time to read the thousands posts. Ever thought about that ?
i think that we all have a real life..you dont? :razz:

Back
Top Bottom