Lady won't depart at occupied town

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I've encountered a problem while playing this awesome module. It all began when I took this quest to hunt down a party consisting of ca 200 marauders (I was given the quest by an innkeeper), and then suddenly in the heat of battle the game crashes, and a pop-up window says that Mount and Blade's stopped to work... and after that, it has happened during every battle, no matter what party I am attacking or being attacked by.

Any fixes for this problem? Any answer is appreaciated  :smile:

Väktaren av Jämtland said:
So, I've encountered a problem while playing this awesome module. It all began when I took this quest to hunt down a party consisting of ca 200 marauders (I was given the quest by an innkeeper), and then suddenly in the heat of battle the game crashes, and a pop-up window says that Mount and Blade's stopped to work... and after that, it has happened during every battle, no matter what party I am attacking or being attacked by.

Are you running a savegame that started before you updated?  If you upgrade to 772 from anything earlier you needed to start a fresh game.
I'd say something in your party is trying to load an illegal item or loads something you don't have the resource files/texture needed when it tries to display this.  Otherwise you could try turning away from your troops or looking down then just watch the battle with the backspace (not tab!) key, which also tends to avoid loading the item.  You could move half your troops to the bottom of the list of troops to change their order as well, or copy your current savegame to a new name  like  sg09.sav    (only sg00.sav - sg09.sav count when it is time to load savegames, but you can have other savegames whatever you want to call them to remember them by and they just do nothing waiting for you to rename them correctly.

gsanders said:

Are you running a savegame that started before you updated?  If you upgrade to 772 from anything earlier you needed to start a fresh game.
I'd say something in your party is trying to load an illegal item or loads something you don't have the resource files/texture needed when it tries to display this.  Otherwise you could try turning away from your troops or looking down then just watch the battle with the backspace (not tab!) key, which also tends to avoid loading the item.  You could move half your troops to the bottom of the list of troops to change their order as well, or copy your current savegame to a new name  like  sg09.sav    (only sg00.sav - sg09.sav count when it is time to load savegames, but you can have other savegames whatever you want to call them to remember them by and they just do nothing waiting for you to rename them correctly.
I have seen some red error text about some illegal mesh or something in that way, and I don't know if I got the latest update...last time I did it was for about a half year ago maybe

gsanders said:

I have seen some red error text about some illegal mesh or something in that way, and I don't know if I got the latest update...last time I did it was for about a half year ago maybe
What version is shown in the main menu?

Michadr said:
gsanders said:

What version is shown in the main menu?
I got the old one, 0.75. I am currently downloading the new version and the patch to it

you have something like an item from Ioloch in your party or equipped in one of your companions, or one of Ioloch's troops with the undead skin.
  Something you added recently -- an undead ghoul or something perhaps, one of Ioloch's followers.  I never made an undead skin after putting the new female faces (gaolu set) -- this is the most likely issue with .75

I added the undead skin at .76 and it will still be there even though only a few troops ever needed it, and they probably use human skin now.
There is NO WAY to salvage the old savegame from .75 in .76/77/772  each time the data model changed fairly radically.  You MUST start a fresh game after the update.

- GS

Hey guys, the old problem is gone but there is another issue.

I am at day 175, I am a vassal of the Realm of the Falcon and the zann dynasty has invaded and taken the Main Capital (Fountain Hall) and before that, I took a quest where I am supposed to bring a lady of another vassal to the Fountain Hall...and now when the other Falcon lords are in the middle of a fight to take the city back, I can not support them. I can only pass through the besiegers and into the city, like there was no war with the Zann. And the lady follows me into the tavern and is saying "The honourable emperor Zann the mandate of Heaven has agreed to let us return home to our families. We shall be departing shortly"

Any fixes for this problem? :ohdear:

Back
Top Bottom