SP - Battles & Sieges Ladders in sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Guilty1

Recruit
I never understood why your soldiers have to die to move the tower to the wall while ladders seems to teleport themselves close to the wall.
I think taking 4/6 men to carry ladders to the wall would be more immersive.

... but then I cant place the ladder myself and get knocked out 5 minutes before the rest of my men!

This is a pretty good point, though I'd prefer 2 men carry it with a shield wall u formation around them. But then I'd like to see a u formation for all of it. So much wood on that battering ram and we couldnt spare an extra hour to put walls on it?

I'd like the ability to push ladders away from the wall while defending. Tip em over while attackers climb them. Or dump boiling oil down them. Give seige towers a real advantage.

The only problem of the siege towers rn is the fact it's bugged. Soldiers Don't use half of the ladders on it.

there are some other issues I want to rise here:

1. as mentioned, ladders should be carried by troops rather than teleported.

2. as mentioned, shield walls should be formed around troops that are pushing siege towers / carring ladders.

3. siege towers taking damage from arrows MAKE NO SENSE. They're built to provide side protection from arrows, but arrows can make a siege tower collaspe?? NO. Same goes to battering ram, that cover supposed to provide good protection from arrows, only siege engine like catapult can destroy it. Troops bashing open the inner gate with swords doesn't quite make sense either... maybe some troops carrying some tool to break it open?

4. There should be MORE siege towers / ladders available to provide more 'landing points', like two towers / three ladders on each side.

5. as mentioned, defenders should be able to push ladders away under certain conditions.

6. Siege defender's stupid shield wall behind the inner gate. Often time after breaking the inner gate, I can sneak to their back and easily kill them while they have there back facing me, like I don't even exist. Or after I've cleared defenders on the wall, I can easily shoot that shield formation from the side with arrows, while all of them are facing the not-yet-broken inner gate.

**7. troops spawn point issue: How does it make sense siege attacker spawns on one end of the map, while defenders spawn RIGHT BEHIND the inner gate, and while defenders flee the battle by running into the keep? I guess the keep should then be made defenders' spawn point right?

*** 8. UTILIZE SPACES INSIDE THE WALL !! Sieges can def be made more fun and longer by extending the battle to different phases. Examples, phase 1 defending the wall and gate, phase 2 defending the keep. This is inspired by a siege I had ytd at Balgal (a town far north near Sibir). Dev has done a WONDERFUL job designing this big town, but I noticed the battle only used 10-20% of the map. This can be implemented by changing defenders' spawn point and default positions after certain conditions are reached by the attacker (eg. successfully breaking the inner gate). Or adding a cutscene between two phases. Imagine defender archers firing from high positions, while you lead your troops and fight on streets, aiming to take the keep!

9. Is there even a way to properly aim when using siege engines? My verticle hits are totally random...

10. Not sure if this is caused by any mod I use, but after I die in a siege (as attacker), I notice a bunch of troops gathering behind a barricade (mostly archers) doing nothing.

Many strong points about how to make sieges better, but for the specific point for the thread about ladders. Yes, ladders should be very much be assigned troops to carry and deploy against the walls. And I'll add to that, that there should be multiple ladder assault points that us the player should be able to direct our men too.

TW it would be a dream if you allowed us to assault towns and castles the way we want to. There should be front side ladder points, as well as side and rear, depending on the castle or town of course. That way we can have our main battering ram assault party, as well as our troops commanded to carry ladders to the far rear side of the castle and assault them there.

Sounds like a AI priority and pathing nightmare but please. This game that emphasizes on ground level combat and commanding needs this to happen.

Many strong points about how to make sieges better, but for the specific point for the thread about ladders. Yes, ladders should be very much be assigned troops to carry and deploy against the walls. And I'll add to that, that there should be multiple ladder assault points that us the player should be able to direct our men too.

TW it would be a dream if you allowed us to assault towns and castles the way we want to. There should be front side ladder points, as well as side and rear, depending on the castle or town of course. That way we can have our main battering ram assault party, as well as our troops commanded to carry ladders to the far rear side of the castle and assault them there.

Sounds like a AI priority and pathing nightmare but please. This game that emphasizes on ground level combat and commanding needs this to happen.

I've never played WB and am new to M&B. First time in a siege I was thinking why I am only besieging the castle from one direction.

Besieging from multiple directions is totally a lot more fun and is itself logical, but it requires a big increase in the number of troops in the map in order to make it look realistic, so that players with a less advanced graphic card and with 200 troops setting will not have only a few dozens of men on each side of the map.

I've never played WB and am new to M&B. First time in a siege I was thinking why I am only besieging the castle from one direction.

Besieging from multiple directions is totally a lot more fun and is itself logical, but it requires a big increase in the number of troops in the map in order to make it look realistic, so that players with a less advanced graphic card and with 200 troops setting will not have only a few dozens of men on each side of the map.
Even for a siege with max 100 vs 100 on screen. Attacking from multiple angles is still do-able. 40 men on the ram, and 30 30 on two ladder assault teams. Thats plenty room for a well played and balanced assault. Granted if TW can make the AI realize, when target X has ladder team deployed there, send X number of troops ratio to defend it.

Back
Top Bottom