Ladders Finally Fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
Fixed an issue that caused troops to not use ladders in certain situations.
Look at this. It's from the 1.6.1 Beta Patch.

Users are reporting in the thread that it works. Is this true? Is this real? I am on an older version so I can not test it myself.

If this is real, then praise be to Hope and TaleWorlds!

Thoughts?

If units climbing ladders just works this time (in more ways than how Todd Howard advertises), then my thoughts on the matter involves both appreciation and deprecation (because of how long it took to get this).

Aside from that, I do not know myself and don't plan on it. I use mods so I will be logically sticking to the stable branch for now.

Last edited:
1.6.1 fixes some issues with ladders and includes some improvements to archer AI as well as general close combat tweaks (in part due to the LH fight works). However, there are still pending fixes / improvements for ladders, siege towers & sieges in general.

1.6.1 fixes some issues with ladders and includes some improvements to archer AI as well as general close combat tweaks (in part due to the LH fight works). However, there are still pending fixes / improvements for ladders, siege towers & sieges in general.
Its good to hear you guys are working on improving this, thanks Duh.

Agreed - big if true!

Thanks to TW for working to fix this. Given that, after about 1/2 through a conventional playthough, most SP player battles are sieges, it's hard to overstate how annoying the ladder bug has been. That is to say, it's hard to overstate the ratio of player value to troubleshooting time spent with this particular bug. (I know we complain about everything, so the signal must be hard to separate from noise, but this one is actually really essential.)

Last edited:
I think that "Ladders finally fixed?" would have been a better title. Some people might only see the title and mistakenly take for granted that everything is now dandy :smile:

I've seen siege towers work better in some sieges in 1.6.1. Not 100% fixed, but better. Seems to depend on the scene you're in.

As in, 2/3 ladders get used at a time and troops go up them with about a 2 second interval

like this

#....#....#
#.... #....#
?‍♂️?‍♂️.#
#...?‍♂️...#
#....#....#
# ?‍♂️?‍♂️
#....#....#
#....#...?‍♂️
?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Last edited:
I've seen siege towers work better in some sieges in 1.6.1. Not 100% fixed, but better. Seems to depend on the scene you're in.

As in, 2/3 ladders get used at a time and troops go up them with about a 2 second interval

like this

#....#....#
#.... #....#
?‍♂️?‍♂️.#
#...?‍♂️...#
#....#....#
# ?‍♂️?‍♂️
#....#....#
#....#...?‍♂️
?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️
This was the case in 1.6.0 already. In 1.6.0 at least one ladders on each side of the siege started to work, this aplied to 1 ladders per siege tower too, normal ladders were further improved in 1.6.1, but towers were not.

Back
Top Bottom