Lack of variety of companion heroes

Users who are viewing this thread

Since 1.5.1 I get a ok amount 3-5 of doctor backgrounds and typically 3-5 tactician/leader backgrounds. There a loads of just fighting types and plenty of scout and rouge, but I hardly ever get engineer npcs 1 or maybe 2 if I'm lucky, and typically I just get 1 trader background. I keep hoping if I wait long enough I'll see more of trader or engineer but I never do. I'm currently about 400 days in and they just aren't spawning.

I want people to run my towns or castles or to run a party so I don't care about fighter/rouge/scout types. It seems to me if that the spread is very poor atm considering there are usually 30+ that spawn in. Most companions are high levels and have terrible distribution of skills and attributes also given how slow they seem to level it becomes it's very difficult to train a companion in anything else so that they can do a good job.

The other issue I have is I can only see what that companion is really proficient not what all their skills look like unless I bring them into my party, and having to chase them down can be a pain in the ass. It's all a crap shoot at this point, and I really feel like the uncertainty of types of companions needs to be addressed along with plenty of other issues with companions. Is anyone else having this issue or am I just unlucky?

It's all a crap shoot at this point, and I really feel like the uncertainty of types of companions needs to be addressed along with plenty of other issues with companions. Is anyone else having this issue or am I just unlucky?

No everything with companions is working fine for everyone but you. You must have been unlucky.

You didn’t by chance purchase the “Early Access” version of the game did you? That could be the source of your bad luck.

You see, the “Early Access” is where most of the features of a game exist in name only but none of them are implemented yet.

“None” you say? That’s right, none of them.

You see, in “Early Access” none of the features are implemented, even after 6 months, but 6 more months from now everything will be magically implemented.

There will be no incremental progress. One day patch 1.9.0 will release and the game is finished.

You see, all of us come from 6 months in the future where the game is finished. That’s why you don’t see any posts about companions on the forum except to praise how awesome they are.

It’s just your bad luck you aren’t a future-person and you bought an Early Access game.

Take it from us future-people, you have nothing to worry about. In 6 months from today, TaleWorlds will just make everything work.

No everything with companions is working fine for everyone but you. You must have been unlucky.

You didn’t by chance purchase the “Early Access” version of the game did you? That could be the source of your bad luck.

You see, the “Early Access” is where most of the features of a game exist in name only but none of them are implemented yet.

“None” you say? That’s right, none of them.

You see, in “Early Access” none of the features are implemented, even after 6 months, but 6 more months from now everything will be magically implemented.

There will be no incremental progress. One day patch 1.9.0 will release and the game is finished.

You see, all of us come from 6 months in the future where the game is finished. That’s why you don’t see any posts about companions on the forum except to praise how awesome they are.

It’s just your bad luck you aren’t a future-person and you bought an Early Access game.

Take it from us future-people, you have nothing to worry about. In 6 months from today, TaleWorlds will just make everything work.
Thanks for your input but a simple "no I'm not having issues" would be enough. I wanted to see if this was an issue with just me or the latest version of BL. Idk why you feel like you needed to come into this post and just drop a load of :poop: on it with your ea rant.

Thanks for your input but a simple "no I'm not having issues" would be enough. I wanted to see if this was an issue with just me or the latest version of BL. Idk why you feel like you needed to come into this post and just drop a load of :poop: on it with your ea rant.
They are randomly generated each game and others appear as you progress into the game. I find grinding some levels can make certain companions better than ones you can get, like ill take "a black" companion and because she is lower level with a lot of green focus points available grind her some levels and she can become a better spicevendor or surgeon than ones that are generated. Unfortuantely TW thinks they are working fine, but getting a surgeon with 81 skill and only 10 focus points is normal, meaning you have to spend 2 points into medicine just to get them out of the red. They really need to work on companions and better place skill points and focus points better, but I fear that is a ow priority for them, so your probably just unlucky right now as I have seen to have a decent time finding companions for what I need, But if your just looking for governors that is highly specific and could be hard to find like a trader that just wants spicevendor or swifts, just try to chalk it up to bad luck until they finally realize companions need serious work which i suggested over a month ago and has fallen on deaf ears.

They are randomly generated each game and others appear as you progress into the game. I find grinding some levels can make certain companions better than ones you can get, like ill take "a black" companion and because she is lower level with a lot of green focus points available grind her some levels and she can become a better spicevendor or surgeon than ones that are generated. Unfortuantely TW thinks they are working fine, but getting a surgeon with 81 skill and only 10 focus points is normal, meaning you have to spend 2 points into medicine just to get them out of the red. They really need to work on companions and better place skill points and focus points better, but I fear that is a ow priority for them, so your probably just unlucky right now as I have seen to have a decent time finding companions for what I need, But if your just looking for governors that is highly specific and could be hard to find like a trader that just wants spicevendor or swifts, just try to chalk it up to bad luck until they finally realize companions need serious work which i suggested over a month ago and has fallen on deaf ears.
That's interesting to know. I've had a companion with the bitterdraft background that I was able to level up to make into a decent trader but finding someone whose got good engineering and could level up at as Steward is damn hard to find, most of the time they have 1 or 2 in intelligence and leveling is especially hard for them. It would go a long way just to be able to see the whole skill spread of skills on a wanderer from the encyclopedia. I personally wish we could just get some low level npcs who we can level up however we want. Thanks for the feedback.

That's interesting to know. I've had a companion with the bitterdraft background that I was able to level up to make into a decent trader but finding someone whose got good engineering and could level up at as Steward is damn hard to find, most of the time they have 1 or 2 in intelligence and leveling is especially hard for them. It would go a long way just to be able to see the whole skill spread of skills on a wanderer from the encyclopedia. I personally wish we could just get some low level npcs who we can level up however we want. Thanks for the feedback.
The core things like trade and stweard on a swift or medicine on a healer is core to them but so many of the other skills and their available focus is random, so each time will be different, I have had a healer with only 10 focus points and others with 120, so until they work on that just chalk it up to RNG each new game, GL

The core things like trade and stweard on a swift or medicine on a healer is core to them but so many of the other skills and their available focus is random, so each time will be different, I have had a healer with only 10 focus points and others with 120, so until they work on that just chalk it up to RNG each new game, GL
Hooray for ****ty luck. :iamamoron:

Haha you must have the same luck as me no spicevendor or swift in last 2 games.
I actually don't care if I get them because they are normally higher level and it is sometimes easier to find a level 12 than you can just throw trade into. I have a trade play through on Youtube where I have 4 companions over 100 and can easily get over 150 that aren't spicevender or swift

I actually don't care if I get them because they are normally higher level and it is sometimes easier to find a level 12 than you can just throw trade into. I have a trade play through on Youtube where I have 4 companions over 100 and can easily get over 150 that aren't spicevender or swift
That's all well and good but it's finding those companions that becomes the tough part.

I've started saving before actually getting them, That way I can just save scum because it's bad enough wasting time but I refuse to waste money on a ****ty companion.
Good idea I do that before trying to marry someone. That is so messed up.

Excuse me.. I have not found 1 (one) single Spice girl in my latest play. not one. I have been looking since I started. some Inns have none and some have tons companions. have not found a true engineer. wainwrights yes . I am in middle game right now.

I've already made a great suggestion and it relates to Warband, where you have companions that are around lvl 2-5 that you can build up to what you want. That gives people already built who want to fight right away and gives us ones like Warband than can level along side us if we want longer games. I don't think its that hard to add some companions that are real low level with only a couple skills or attributes. Bam, eveyone happy

I've already made a great suggestion and it relates to Warband, where you have companions that are around lvl 2-5 that you can build up to what you want. That gives people already built who want to fight right away and gives us ones like Warband than can level along side us if we want longer games. I don't think its that hard to add some companions that are real low level with only a couple skills or attributes. Bam, eveyone happy
I'd love that but I'd also really like some non-randomized companions like we had in WB. They should have a backstory and side quest(s) available and imho would add a lot of depth to the rpg side of things.

That would be nice, but it wouldn't help much for the specialized skills because they level so slow. And skills that are tied to roles, like scouting or medicine or steward can only be learned by one companion at a time, so you kind of have to handicap your party if you want to level up a novice in some skill instead of using a pro. I suppose you can send them out as party leaders and they'll level some of those skills, but they'll just get wiped out a lot. And forget about training up an engineer from nothing. I don't think there's any way to level that skill outside of conducting sieges, and who wants to siege a castle with a novice engineer just to get him a couple skill points?

That would be nice, but it wouldn't help much for the specialized skills because they level so slow. And skills that are tied to roles, like scouting or medicine or steward can only be learned by one companion at a time, so you kind of have to handicap your party if you want to level up a novice in some skill instead of using a pro. I suppose you can send them out as party leaders and they'll level some of those skills, but they'll just get wiped out a lot. And forget about training up an engineer from nothing. I don't think there's any way to level that skill outside of conducting sieges, and who wants to siege a castle with a novice engineer just to get him a couple skill points?
at low levels they level super fast, look at your little brother and sister, they level super fast especially if you use steward and you s can pick 4 or 5 other skills to specialize in, now if your saying getting them to around 150 like say the Swordsman is in all 3 weapon skills then I 100% agree with you, thats why i suggested both, one all set for players wanting quick action and ones for I like to play, 2000-3000 day play throughs, it serves both parties

Back
Top Bottom