Lack of maps and poor map rotation in TDM

Users who are viewing this thread

During the modding tools showcase we were told that creating a siege scene takes 4 weeks (timestamped)
Since AI pathing/ levels/ siege equipment etc aren't needed for TDM maps its reasonable to assume they would take much much shorter to make ( I scene'd for 2-3 years for the full invasion Osiris mod and so understand those extra elements such as AI pathing take up 30-40% of the creation time)

We were also told that we are on track to full release around March of next year (roughly 60% through beta as of now)
Callum said: ''what I can say is that our original estimate when releasing the game was to spend around a year in early access before the full-release and I think we are still on track for that''

When you take the 2 paragraphs above into consideration its difficult to understand how TDM is so lacking of maps. At this rate should we be expecting less TDM maps at launch than what Warband has (12)?

Another Issue with TDM and MP in general is its poor map rotation. Earlier today the EU TDM server picked 001_spring (cav map) 3 times in a row which as you can imagine was the most painful way to spend an hour, being relentlessly slaughtered by hordes of overpowered cavalry. This isn't the first time the map rotation has done this and as far as I remember this wasn't an issue in warband.

In general I feel like multiplayer has regressed in many areas where warband was successful such as the load out system, the map rotations and if we really are on track to full release I don't have much hope in Native Multiplayer.

Seems like Taleworlds is still working out the kinks behind the scenes (code/servers/engine/modding tools) and imo that's fine. I'd rather have Bannerlord set up for the long run rather than have Taleworlds focus mainly on short term pleasures like more maps. Once modding tools and custom servers are released the lack of MP content will be resolved with force.

Seems like Taleworlds is still working out the kinks behind the scenes (code/servers/engine/modding tools) and imo that's fine. I'd rather have Bannerlord set up for the long run rather than have Taleworlds focus mainly on short term pleasures like more maps. Once modding tools and custom servers are released the lack of MP content will be resolved with force.
Yeah, I was thinking the same you just said...this time last year.

I understand that but I also think In order for there to be a thriving community in the long term they should facilitate those needs such as more maps, more player/ clan customization and we arent seeing any of that. I also think that taleworlds relying on the community to create our own content is a bit disingenuous considering this is a 50 euro game. surely from all those sales they made at launch they could have at least one person creating a new map every few weeks for MP

As I explained in my first paragraph at least 1 map every few weeks shouldn't be that much to ask for. It took me 2-4 weeks to create a large AI meshed and working scene with the Warband editor which was a mess, so I don't see how a TDM scene with the new editor and minus the AI mesh is a big ask

As I explained in my first paragraph at least 1 map every few weeks shouldn't be that much to ask for. It took me 2-4 weeks to create a large AI meshed and working scene with the Warband editor which was a mess, so I don't see how a TDM scene with the new editor and minus the AI mesh is a big ask
The problem with TW maps is that they are over-detailed and not even balanced. They spend more time placing every little rocks that will block players in the game than working on the map balance so I'd rather wait until the community decides which map to implement rather than be forced to play on a new Port of Omor thing

The problem with TW maps is that they are over-detailed and not even balanced. They spend more time placing every little rocks that will block players in the game than working on the map balance so I'd rather wait until the community decides which map to implement rather than be forced to play on a new Port of Omor thing
I don't think its a problem, if it takes them 4 weeks to create a siege map with all its extra features then making a TDM map without AI mesh, Levels or siege equipment shouldn't take longer than 2-3 weeks. We don't even know if we are going to have custom servers with the modding tools so if we have to wait another month or 2 after the next update for those we will still be stuck with the same boring maps and the player base will continue to dwindle. For the price tag Banner lord comes with we should expect to see this sort of content. As I mentioned earlier we are an estimated 60% through beta and TDM only has 4 maps, as you said some of them arent even balanced. I just really want to see some actual solid content to MP. Good maps. Good customization. A loud out system or some sort of reasonable skins for classes. we arent seeing that though, instead we got crush through

I don't think its a problem, if it takes them 4 weeks to create a siege map with all its extra features then making a TDM map without AI mesh, Levels or siege equipment shouldn't take longer than 2-3 weeks. We don't even know if we are going to have custom servers with the modding tools so if we have to wait another month or 2 after the next update for those we will still be stuck with the same boring maps and the player base will continue to dwindle. For the price tag Banner lord comes with we should expect to see this sort of content. As I mentioned earlier we are an estimated 60% through beta and TDM only has 4 maps, as you said some of them arent even balanced. I just really want to see some actual solid content to MP. Good maps. Good customization. A loud out system or some sort of reasonable skins for classes. we arent seeing that though, instead we got crush through
If you want good content for multiplayer I suggest waiting for mods and custom server. TW proved their inability to fix their mess, now let's hope they don't discourage the qualified people from saving their game.

If you want good content for multiplayer I suggest waiting for mods and custom server. TW proved their inability to fix their mess, now let's hope they don't discourage the qualified people from saving their game.
But that's the thing I don't think we should let taleworlds off the hook by saying moders will just fix the game, that will just allow them to continue with this sort of shady development in future titles and DLC's. At the end of the day they will just take credit for the moders work and get away with it. The most frustrating thing is the lack of communication we get with the devs and the secrecy to everything. Id rather them just tell us '' Multiplayer is not making us money so we will no longer develop it to the standard we promised''

But that's the thing I don't think we should let taleworlds off the hook by saying moders will just fix the game, that will just allow them to continue with this sort of shady development in future titles and DLC's. At the end of the day they will just take credit for the moders work and get away with it. The most frustrating thing is the lack of communication we get with the devs and the secrecy to everything. Id rather them just tell us '' Multiplayer is not making us money so we will no longer develop it to the standard we promised''
The problem is TW doesn't have the brain cells to fix the game so the only solution is to wait for mod tools. But TW is too stupid to release mod tools

As much as we've had to wait, I would still like to remind people that they paid for an Early Access game..

All will come with time. This time last year we were just happy to play anything.

As much as we've had to wait, I would still like to remind people that they paid for an Early Access game..

All will come with time. This time last year we were just happy to play anything.
I've paid early access for this game;

Guess which game didn't take 10 years to develop and ended up having more content then the other?

Your right we paid for an early access game, but we paid with the expectation of tale worlds fulfilling their promised features. If we really are on track to full release as callum said and are 60% through beta then that means we will have way way less content at full release than we expected. In the last 7 months mp has got a handfull of maps, a few balance tweaks, some of which no one was asking for and other features such as crushthrough which again, now one asked for. This time last year the alpha testers warned us of the same issues with development we are experiencing now.

Your right we paid for an early access game, but we paid with the expectation of tale worlds fulfilling their promised features. If we really are on track to full release as callum said and are 60% through beta then that means we will have way way less content at full release than we expected. In the last 7 months mp has got a handfull of maps, a few balance tweaks, some of which no one was asking for and other features such as crushthrough which again, now one asked for. This time last year the alpha testers warned us of the same issues with development we are experiencing now.
the game is 90% singleplayer and 10% mp. Finishing the mp probably wouldnt take that much effort (compared to sp) It just doesnt get focused on

And MP can also generate 900% more profit if it's well developed.
Not so sure about that. There are hardly any games that are similar to MB in singleplayer. The closest one i can think of is the port royale franchise, which wasnt very succesful after their second release. Maybe skyrim etc. combat wise, but they are still vastly different.

On the multiplayer side you got a lot of games like mordhau, holdfast (nw spinoff) There are some others in development.

In the end its probably better for them to fix perks, they are kinda fundamentals in sp than to fix mp issues.

And MP can also generate 900% more profit if it's well developed.

I think its too late for that, upon release there were over 200k people playing now it has dropped to 8k-20k. They probaly got bored of MP and went to SP.

Who knows if they actually listen to the playerbase maybe things can change directions

Back
Top Bottom