LA Noire

Users who are viewing this thread

Playing from the opposite side of the law should be interesting. I hope this doesn't end up bogged down in cliches and feeling like 40 hours of Chinatown.

Excellent lipsynch! Probably the best I've ever seen in a game. Wow.

Merlkir said:
Excellent lipsynch! Probably the best I've ever seen in a game. Wow.

Indeed. The first time I read about L.A. Noire was on a voice acting blog.

JoePeasant said:
Playing from the opposite side of the law should be interesting.

I absolutely agree. It is an approach I have wanted to see for a long time. I remember buying the mediocre Driver 3 some years ago for the PS2, with the storyline of being an undercover cop, but that ended up being pretty meaningless as since the character was undercover, he had to be just like a criminal anyway, getting into gunfights with the police and so on. It will be a refreshing change to play as a realistic good guy, having to act in a realistic way-investigating a crime rather than automatically knowing who the enemy is and shooting them dead like in GTA.

Up yours, PC elitists. :lol:

That said, the lip synching and emotions looks incredible, it gives the characters that extra believability. Even though the rest of the character art is not AAA quality for today's standards, they are probably the most life-like and believable characters I've seen so far in a video game. An excellent approach, if you ask me.

I hope they're not placing all their chips on the lip-synching only. Realistic dialogue is all very good, but if there's only that, I'll go watch a French film instead, costs less and a higher chance of making out with an eventual gal sat next to you.

The lip-sync is so good because apparently, they're using some sort of facial recognition technology where the actors face is digitally rendered by filming it with a bunch of special cameras. Basically, they create an exact digital copy of an actors face while they are performing the dialogue and copy it into the game. Seems a lot better than animating hundreds of different facial ticks and expressions, especially considering how dialogue heavy this game is supposed to be.

I heard it's got a 2000 page script.

Nope. Apparently, it's just going to have a ton of content.

I'm very optimistic about this game. Rockstar always seems to know what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom