La Haye Sainte, models, and buildings and maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Try this, if you get a little experience maybe you'd like to make a scene/map for the team.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163368.msg3951938.html#msg3951938

Tajulek said:
About making the maps, could anyone make a tutorial, about making them? I mean entry points, mod's own textures' names etc.

Theres a bunch of Tutorials in the Forge, Getting into map making is one of the easiest things in this game.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,139214.0.html

Here is one to get you started.

Edit^^^^ nordous tutorial is fantastic.

OK starting to add a few more buildings, which I 'll be concentrating on shortly, here's the latest, not necessarily a Waterloo building, but certainly one for the new scenes.

openBrf2012-06-0920-51-07-79.png

openBrf2012-06-0920-51-28-75.png

Not sure if I already posted this one but here you go.

openBrf2012-05-0609-38-00-29.png

Nice, i'd really like to use those new buildings. I tried to make a house, but texturing it proved to be a lot more difficult than i expected.

It seems i don't have the correct method or simply lack the understanding to do it  properly. Uniforms i can do just fine, but buildings, i just can't make it beautiful enough because my texturing is closer to a cartoon-like effect than a photo realistic one.

Here's the latest building for our data base of period Napoleonic buildings, this time a nice little thatched cottage. I'm trying to make the majority of these enterable, we should be seeing some nice new village scenes shortly.

openBrf2012-06-1002-22-55-58.png

openBrf2012-06-1002-23-22-71.png

well the shako of the 2nd lb KGL is wrong. It looks too much like a 95th Rifles shako. The green string should be black and other positionated.
Also the collar and the things on the arm  :mrgreen: should be black instead of blue.

If all the soldiers r equipted with baker rifles (at waterloo not all were) - the powder horn is missing and the black strap wich is holding the bayonet should be removed. The Sword Bayonet for the baker rifle was hold by the belt around the hips.

If you're talking about the kgl shown on this post, it is now outdated, i made an entire reworked texture on a different model to make the kgl 1st LB (not the 2nd, because chest look too much like the 95th so i wanted to make them easy to recognize), so you might want to check this => Kgl 1st Light Bataillon

You said something useful though, i'm not sure i removed the bayonets from the light company backpacks so i'll check it out. However, the kgl light company of the 1st LB is not using the baker rifle in our module, because i wanted to make the 95th rifles unique by their gear and uniforms and makes them the best riflemen ingame.

My kgl riflemen from the 1st LB are using another weapon more like a carbine, very accurate and have a better range than the infantry muskets, but it's still lower than the baker rifle. Also i equiped the kgl with prussian muskets, because it was somewhat better looking and gives them a more unique feel than being british infantry clones ...

The shako made by poomtang is pretty accurate actually, and the 95th and most riflemen bataillon were using the same kind of stove-pipe shako. Only difference is that the 2nd KGL LB had a round ball over the shako when most other rifle regiment or light infantry had an egg-like shape. Rope is green for light infantry, not black, black was for prussia mostly, but if you have pictures of black shako ropes for british riflemen, feel free to share the knowledge, because i found no traces of this.

well I'm a reenactor of the 2nd LB KGL  :wink:

2nd LB : http://kgl.info/Galerie/2010/Bourtange/Bourtange_2010/bourtange_2010_10.html , http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CL7R_SZeXhU/Rz8Rx4qODwI/AAAAAAAAADs/YjuCSOz3kFI/s320/jan.jpg (left guy with Brown bess and the right guy with a baker rifle - nobody had a prussian musket  :wink: )

1st LB : http://kgl.info/Galerie/2010/Bourtange/Bourtange_2010/bourtange_2010_12.html (guy in the middle)

Hey Herr Wolff, I used to be a re-enactor myself, I wonder if Eric Ninnermann is still with your group, he was a good friend of mine, but I lost touch with him years ago. Here's a photo of our groups at Bexhill in England making a salute to the dead KGL soldiers, I think over two hundred who are buried there. This was the first event for the 15th hussars which I was forming at the time.  I'm the hussar on the left of the group of hussars, its a bad photo I know, but if Eric is still with you ask him to get in touch with his old friend. Hmmm, Also, I wonder if Karl-Heinz Langer still runs your group?

clip_image0061.jpg

I gave them german muskets because i wanted to make them different from british troops. Still it's interesting, i'll revert the ropes to a dark grey/light black for kgl rifle shakos.

I won't give them british muskets however, because i want to make the KGL unique in their gear and efficiency, a mix of british uniforms and prussian weapons, after all their are mostly composed of german/dutch soldiers if i'm not mistaken.

I'm satisfied with their equipment and combat efficiency right now, so i won't change their weapons, but i'll make sure uniforms are accurate. So far it's good enough, maybe i could add the light pouch on the front of the uniform, attached to the belt, i'll see.

Keryyn said:
I gave them german muskets because i wanted to make them different from british troops. Still it's interesting, i'll revert the ropes to a dark grey/light black for kgl rifle shakos.

I won't give them british muskets however, because i want to make the KGL unique in their gear and efficiency, a mix of british uniforms and prussian weapons, after all their are mostly composed of german/dutch soldiers if i'm not mistaken.

I'm satisfied with their equipment and combat efficiency right now, so i won't change their weapons, but i'll make sure uniforms are accurate. So far it's good enough, maybe i could add the light pouch on the front of the uniform, attached to the belt, i'll see.

I never heard of Dutch soldiers in the KGL... They went in the 60th or in one of the many emigré units.

Well, if everything says they are british equiped troops, i think i'll revert their weapons to british muskets instead, to match historical accuracy. It's not a game breaking issue anyways.

poomtang said:
Hey Herr Wolff, I used to be a re-enactor myself, I wonder if Eric Ninnermann is still with your group, he was a good friend of mine, but I lost touch with him years ago. Here's a photo of our groups at Bexhill in England making a salute to the dead KGL soldiers, I think over two hundred who are buried there. This was the first event for the 15th hussars which I was forming at the time.  I'm the hussar on the left of the group of hussars, its a bad photo I know, but if Eric is still with you ask him to get in touch with his old friend. Hmmm, Also, I wonder if Karl-Heinz Langer still runs your group?

clip_image0061.jpg

looong ago (maybe in the 90s ? ) - long time before I joined the 2nd LB KGL  :mrgreen:
I think Eric was long before my time - i never met him. Karl-Heinz Lange is still active, now Colonel and is often commanding whole brigades in battle  :wink:
His sons are also still active. Heiner is our Luitenant and Karsten our Sergeant (don't know if u know the 2 )

If you want to you can visit us in our clubhouse in Bad Iburg/ Germany  :wink:

http://kgl.info/

Shame about Eric, I liked him a lot, I liked to practice my German on him, he was your Sgt at one time, he used to invite our hussars to Germany all the time and came to England with his girlfriend Inga and stayed with me quite a few times. I think I once went to your Clubhouse for a Christmas party back in the 90's. Karl-Heinz runs his own building company, if I remember correctly, and he owned the place which was your clubhouse. There was one other guy, I can't remember his name, he came from Hameln, was was half British and half German, he was a great character, he used to get us drunk on bottles of strong, tasty German beer and we would sing German soldier songs around the camp fires at night and keep everyone awake. Also, I wonder if Gunter Franke and Marius his brother are still playing at soldiers. They weren't KGL though, they were Prussian hussars, we used to band together on horseback as their uniform was similar to ours.

tumblr_l7isrtdFAx1qcp6xao1_5001.jpg

ahhh I think I know who Eric is...a few months ago he visited us in our new clubhouse - just to say hello  :wink: I think I heared the name Gunter Franke sometimes but I don't know who it is. Do you know their unit?

Back
Top Bottom