La Cumpaignie de Runeville

Users who are viewing this thread

FimbulTýr

Sergeant Knight
La Cumpaignie de Runeville

bannr_blau.png

I, Balduin, count of Runeville, son of Herluin, would like to tell you the story of my House.
Many years ago, one of my forefathers, Rune, came with a mighty army led by the Northmen Rodulf and Seinfreid,
to raid the bright city of Paris. A year long they beleaguered those walls – many died, many deserted,
but they were not able to win that great stronghold. After a long time of brave fighting by the Northmen,
the Army of the Franks came and broke the siege. The Northmen withdrew and my ancestor Rune settled
and built a farmstead for himself, which has grown over generations and is now known as Runeville.

I, the count of Runeville, with my terrifying company of battle-hardened Norman soldiers, am ready to meet you in battle!

Balduin quens de Runeville, filz Herluin
Harold filz Arnulf
Helias filz Helinand
Neel filz Jehan
Herbert filz Drogun

Special thanks go to Éadríc and Hrotha Fyrninga!

Ah! This looks promising. A few questions:
I can't find anything about a "Balduin de Runeville" - Is he made up, or is he based on a historical figure?
Will you wear these splendid names on the battlefield?

In any case, good luck!
May I dismount you many times and drink from your French-Norse bastard skulls!

Aklis said:
What happened to the Graumaehne?

They changed their names and theme and are now known as la Cumpaignie de Runeville. :razz:

Takeda_Shingen said:
Aaaah, a vassal of me it seems, I am touched!

Good luck from L'Armee Du Batard

:grin:

Dansk viking said:
Ah! This looks promising. A few questions:
I can't find anything about a "Balduin de Runeville" - Is he made up, or is he based on a historical figure?
Will you wear these splendid names on the battlefield?

Balduin de Runeville is made up, same with Runeville.
Our ingame tag will be (Name)_de_Runeville. Ingame tag of Arnuld for example would be then: Arnulf de Runeville.

Aethel said:
I think "Runeville" is probably http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reigneville-Bocage.
I'm sure this "Rune" is a completely fictional character however.

Good luck to fellow Normanni!

Yes, Rune is a fictional character, too.

Thank you all!

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you on the field with your tags, banners and shields!

PS: you got it right in your last post. "Cumpaignie". Gotta edit the opening post :smile:

hrotha said:
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you on the field with your tags, banners and shields!

PS: you got it right in your last post. "Cumpaignie". Gotta edit the opening post :smile:

done.

Much better!

By the way, I'll have to get back to you on this, but I think it should be "filz Ivun" and "filz Drogun". The object case of some names is irregular (see subject case Carles, object case Carlun). It's a very complicated issue, and not overly important, but still.

(I don't want to be a pedant, but hey, that's my whole role in this :grin:)

Best wishes to the count of Runeville and his trusted men. May they rid their country of the greedy tyrant that is William the Bastard!

We surely aren't your vassals, William, but in case of war we will fight side by side with our norman brothers that you are!

Well... Haha, I'd say taking the role of William the Bastard is quite pretentious in the first place.  :lol:
No one else pretends to be the ruler of any considerable domain (except perhaps Sigvaldi jarl).

Dansk viking said:
Well... Haha, I'd say taking the role of William the Bastard is quite pretentious in the first place.  :lol:
No one else pretends to be the ruler of any considerable domain (except perhaps Sigvaldi jarl).

I rule the kingdom of dreams. Beat that you real life dwellers.

Back
Top Bottom