kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Chricky said:
Harp is for Leinter, Red hand is for Ulster, Connacht is a wing and an arm with a sword I think and Munster is three crowns on a blue background :smile:

Those signs are pretty modern, and don't represent traditional Gaelic symbology, except for the hand and the harp. The three crowns of Munster come from Henry II, who made John Lackand lord of Ireland with this three-crowned coat of arms (although they could probably be based on the three kingdoms of Munster). The Connacht eagle-and-arm dimidation is probably spanning from Western "given" heraldry. There's a theory about a German monastery connected with the kings of Connacht, but it doesn't seem plausible. I'd say they were the XIVth Century arms of some Norman lord (the eagle) and some Celtic tradition (the arm).

The Red Hand, though, is a very traditional Celtc symbol. Cutting enemy hands was a common practice among them. Probably, an enemy hand on a shield was its origin. But that's just my guess, it could have been anything. The same for the harp, found for the first time in the banner of Owen O'Neil, in the XV-XVIth Centuries.

Considering that the High King of Ireland at the time is Brian O'Neil, the ensign of the Ua Néill clan would fit better. It's the Red Hand, as far as I know.

Obi Juan Kenobi said:
Outstanding knowledge...

Not really, many of the details I know about everything come from my first compulsive years of read Wikipedia, before playing M&B (now when I get bored I don't read Wikipedia anymore).

But I have deep interest in heraldry, and I think I can apply decent criteria in this matter.

Kuauik, if it's at all possible do you have the psd files of the Seljuk Tunics? Particularly A or C.

We could really use an unarmored double-breasted kaftan for various minions of the Mamluks and Ilkhanate, since it was the ubiqutous warrior's dress (if he couldn't afford mail or lamellar, or didn't wear his mail beneath his kaftan). And you could use it in L'Outremer since it was widely used there as well. I was hoping to edit the Seljuk tunics to remove the mail, but I remember you saying you hate clone armies so I was going to do some minor tweaks (change colors, change hems) as well. I could do it in theory with just the dds, but it'd look messy.

If you're interested in doing it yourself, that'd be great. If not, if you could send me the psds via a tell that'd be great. If you're uncomfortable with either, that's fine too.  :mrgreen:

@ Kuauik

are those your textures ?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,150248.msg3855518.html#new

92309825.jpg

I would be really happy if you created an armour something like this one:
EmperorDushanOfSerbia.jpg

The guy in the lower right corner lifting a spear...
Paja_JovanoviKrunisanje_Cara_Dusana_2.jpg

And..
This could be a serbian destrier (the 1 in the middle)  :smile:
Zenidba_cara_Dusana.jpg

I know that all of these are from, about, a century after the mods era but they look, to me, pretty awesome, and, i would like to see them in the mod...  :grin: :grin: :grin:
I hope I'm not asking too much..

@GlorvalhirSRB : the team is trying to make the mod as historical as possible, so i don't think they will make it.
At least putting that kind of textures into the mod. :smile:

The armors probably won't be added cause they're plate and from what I've read in the forum, they're not welcome to the mod  :grin: I'd say the horse can be added to the mod though.

for plate armours they wont be added I believe, from what I learn plate armour are used 200 years later

also some history education from this group what I got

some arts about even in that era was made 100-200 years later
which mixed by the artist, tought about chest plate is still doubted its existance

Folkzweise said:
@ Kuauik

92309825.jpg

umh...why on earth are highlanders dressed up with chainmail??  :shock: they used to fight wearing cotton ( or smthing like that) clothes and colored faces  :cool: so the clothes worn after mail was right though  :lol:

Sotuu said:
Folkzweise said:
@ Kuauik

92309825.jpg

umh...why on earth are highlanders dressed up with chainmail??  :shock: they used to fight wearing cotton ( or smthing like that) clothes and colored faces  :cool: so the clothes worn after mail was right though  :lol:
its obviously not from our mod,some guy stole my textures and put em to his mod

This mod needs people who do some work instead of asking for changes, which won't make it into the mod. I hope some guys try to thoroughly test the next svn version without playing it so much. Without dedication and just wishing this mod won't be finished.

I didn't really mean for a plate armour, i was more thinking about the armor in the middle picture, and the insignia was clearer in the first one..
I knew it was a long shot..    :sad:
Still, the horse could be put in ? Since most other countries have their destriers, and Serbia doesn't..  :smile:

There are no such plans at the moment. Item list are allready quite large as it is and additional items would only additionaly destablize the mod. Which allready have problems runing on some of the slower machines.
Sorry.

Is there any way to get those wonderful surcoats shown on the first pages? I have my own small faction but my character still has this boring antiochia mail .. I would appreciate to have an hospitaller surcoat, but I can not find anyone.

Colakarim said:
Is there any way to get those wonderful surcoats shown on the first pages? I have my own small faction but my character still has this boring antiochia mail .. I would appreciate to have an hospitaller surcoat, but I can not find anyone.

the chance is very low, it randomly appear in city of crusader states, fi u lucky u will get one, the higher the chance if the grandmaster own the settlement

btw when is the new 1257 come out?
Castle building pretty buggy

Back
Top Bottom