kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sahran said:
kuauik said:
Sahran said:
Nice, those militia duds are awesome. :smile:

Kuauik, I've got a request for your allowance - I really like how the turcoman robes are with the mail, but we could also really use the turcoman robes for lower classes that would not have mail.

Could I copy your turcoman robes and do a small edit to them (just remove the mail at the neck area and cover it up with an undershirt)? We'd keep the turcoman with mail for the cavalry and/or any middle class foot turks, and use the turcoman without any mail for the lowest class cavalry and infantry.
i rather do three more with different patterns,i hate uniformity ala TW :wink:

That's fine with me. The main thing is just to not have the mail, and if you want them to be plainer and such since they'll be used by the lowest class of cavalry & low class infantry, that's fine. :smile:

Just to bug you about it briefly Kuauik - did you or are you going to do plain, no mail beneath them turcoman robes? Would be used by Turcoman Auxiliaries in Ilkhanate & Mamluks and the lowest class Mamluk and Ilkhanate Turcoman troops. We could really use it to have something for the low class Turk/Kurd/Arab troops to use to set them apart from the Bedouin/Maghrebi Arabs/Berbers who'd wear the wide sleeved kaftans (

I can write up a concept for it if you need it, but otherwise it'd just be 2-3 robes without the mail in the neck area. In a pinch I could edit seljuk_tunic_1 to remove the mail and recolor the interior part of the robe (or if you send me the psd version of it probably change the hem too). Up to you.

as we are talking about colours: how about a blackened chain mail?! would fit nicely to all of us who love to travel around in dark colours  :grin:

Best Regards

we dont see that much green in the 13th century heraldic,its just that,its also a personal taste,it just dont fit my image of medieval noble,more like peasant :razz:

kuauik said:
we dont see that much green in the 13th century heraldic,its just that,its also a personal taste,it just dont fit my image of medieval noble,more like peasant :razz:

And here's a very strong point. It's true, not many green in Western heraldry.

In Hungary, for example, it's just red and green, there's almost nothign else.

kuauik said:

V V V    support picture says otherwise...

Well, that is right. Medieval kingdoms didn't used green, except in some occasional purpose or rarely.

But about Kingdom of Ireland (i.e. Gaelic Kingdoms)??? Green background with a lyre on it! :mrgreen:

John Felton said:
Well, that is right. Medieval kingdoms didn't used green, except in some occasional purpose or rarely.

But about Kingdom of Ireland (i.e. Gaelic Kingdoms)??? Green background with a lyre on it! :mrgreen:

Kingdom of Ireland is not = to Gaelic Kingdoms at all. You could say their symbol is the harp as well as the red hand. The harp, as far as I know, was the ensign of Leinster only, and was set probably very late.

Gaelic Kingdoms is a term used to describe a bunch of petty kingdoms formed there.  The harp and the green, well, they needed a banner and since there was no unified Irish state back then Kuauik had to use a modern one.

Harp is for Leinter, Red hand is for Ulster, Connacht is a wing and an arm with a sword I think and Munster is three crowns on a blue background :smile:

Back
Top Bottom