kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

Users who are viewing this thread

somethin' like that? :]

905407447d86fbkiedy_dowiedzialem_s.gif

Well, when I'm thinking about it, really hard to say. But I thought czech warriors prefer some types of armor and weapons more than others. Just an idea. For example italian militia doesn't have some big differences against other states, which use latin soldiers, or am I mistaken ?  :grin:

Wulfrik said:
Well, when I'm thinking about it, really hard to say. But I thought czech warriors prefer some types of armor and weapons more than others. Just an idea. For example italian militia doesn't have some big differences against other states, which use latin soldiers, or am I mistaken ?  :grin:
czechs were influenced by germans by the 13th century,so we should do a german troop tree instead of czech.On your question,italian military scructure was very unique because of the militia,which were a bulk of their armies,they used a crossbow a lot too,so they were different than lets say French

Actually the thing with germans is logical, but I don't know anything about italian military system, so thanks for the info.  :wink:

kuauik said:
there was not an prewiev for some time,so ill just throw it here..as we will  introduce italian troop tree,here is italian "Popolo" miltia

glad to see the work on the popolo militia

only a suggestion: the basic equipment for the infantry -determined by the municipal statutes- was a padded armor or a gambeson often  reinforced with leather or pieces of mail

ps: have you got any specific source?

Well, these guys seem to have leather - and a gambeson too, the second one. Only little doubt, for the second, is for the lower part of the gambeson, which seems to be covered by the tunic - which, oddly, seems to be wore under the gambeson. This thing apart they look perfectly good to me, considering there will probably be some heavier units too.  :mrgreen:

The Book of Montaperti from 1260, a ledger of the deployed florentine units that day, name a company of "palvesari", armed with a big shield that should have been planted to the ground.
A pretty early rapresentation of pavise-like shield is also presented in a breton piece of art from the XI century
vannes4.jpg

In my opinion, along with the planted pavese/pavesi, tavolaccio/tavolacci (smaller and manouvrable infantry shields, rectangular or trapezoidal in shape) would have been used by the frontline. 
pict0203.jpg

colline-senes-01.jpg

The second line would have been equipped with round shields (rondella/rondelle) and a shorter weapons, along with others armed with a long spear. The basic shieldwall tactic, you see. Many reenactors and reconstructions today (the majority, I reckon), share this interpretation.

Along with the frontline's tavolacci, norman kite and big shields should do as well.

You prob already know this, but the new helmets added, don't have eyes when you are wearing them. Just black sockets :shock:
"wait till you see the whites of their eyes! Oh ****! He doesn't have eyes, RUN!" :twisted:

Spitfire84 said:
You prob already know this, but the new helmets added, don't have eyes when you are wearing them. Just black sockets :shock:
"wait till you see the whites of their eyes! Oh ****! He doesn't have eyes, RUN!" :twisted:
I personally prefer it like that... maybe implemented to all grate helmets also... :cool:

you can solve it with the helmets by opening item_kinds1.txt with a item editor, search for great_helm and untick covers_head. then you can see the whites of the eyes

Back
Top Bottom