Native Completed KoA US Dueling Tournament

Should the next tournament be Medium or Fastest speed?

• Fastest

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Medium

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Faster (A middle ground perhaps??)

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
captain lust said:
Are you seriously complaining about fighting in the ring? Try and lose with some dignity intact (see: Morii - EU Duel Tournament) because right now, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Obviously, you're a very skilled duelist, so I find it hard to understand why you would debase that, by kicking up a fuss about something so unimportant. If you really think that fighting in the ring lost you the duel, think again.

Because he wants to be dragged into an alley with a group of PRT roughnecks and their long spiked club? :neutral:

captain lust said:
Are you seriously complaining about fighting in the ring? Try and lose with some dignity intact (see: Morii - EU Duel Tournament) because right now, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Obviously, you're a very skilled duelist, so I find it hard to understand why you would debase that, by kicking up a fuss about something so unimportant. If you really think that fighting in the ring lost you the duel, think again.

That was to be my last comment, but since you compared Morii's lost to mine I will respond.
Mori was so "gracious" because Morii knew that he played the way he fights, he was allowed to play his style, and at his best he was defeated. No true competitor could be frustrated with that result. And if I had been given that grace, I would have been quite and said the same types of things. The  is difference I was not able to truly play the game that got me to the finals. I am at my best when I have room to maneuver and as is evidence by my fight with beer, I use a lot of (ithttp://www.youtube.com/user/GoldenKingdomFilms?feature=mhsn#p/u/0/GJoLYHVaJGw) If you want to watch it. In the NA community people know that, it is how I fight. You coming in from Europe having never fought me or seen me fight, I can see why you would have the reaction you did.

Examine this scenario, you might be able to understand my frustration. This is not an exact comparison because I think this would be more of a handicap than me even being confined to the ring,  Mori plays exclusively by keyboard. Imagine if he was forced to fight the final using his mouse to block and attack. Obviously this would throw off his way of dueling, and he would  forced to attempt to change all his instincts and adapt on the spot. He would be handicapped. 

The point that I am trying to say is that Mori would know in his heart that M didn't get his best, he would know that he was fighting crippled. Then and only then could compare Morii 's response to his loss to mine.

Furthermore now understand that the ring magnified, and maximized Rhades aggressive  style of play. No friend I can't think of anyone who would not be frustrated by that situation.
Now realize how I felt having to go into that ring.

I'm not as worried about how Leo is expressing his honest opinion as I am worried about the way you all are shooting Leo down along with GK. If you want to personally insult GK come to our teamspeak and express your "opinions" instead of hiding behind these forums. You all are spreading this GK crap to the public and giving us a bad name when we didn't do a thing. Sure, there's one or two people that can be a bit out of line sometimes, but very rarely. I already got trolled and banned on the PRT_Duel server by fanboy public players because of all of this.

I'm especially disappointed in you Kitten, I always thought you were a respectable player with fair sportsmanship. Huh.. My mistake.

GK is the MOST respectable clan I have ever been in, so what's the deal? Anyone?

GK_Spartan said:
I'm not as worried about how Leo is expressing his honest opinion as I am worried about the way you all are shooting Leo down along with GK. If you want to personally insult GK come to our teamspeak and express your "opinions" instead of hiding behind these forums. You all are spreading this GK crap to the public and giving us a bad name when we didn't do a thing. Sure, there's one or two people that can be a bit out of line sometimes, but very rarely. I already got trolled and banned on the PRT_Duel server by fanboy public players because of all of this.

I'm especially disappointed in you Kitten, I always thought you were a respectable player with fair sportsmanship. Huh.. My mistake.

GK is the MOST respectable clan I have ever been in, so what's the deal? Anyone?

Did you miss the post where most of us said we had a problem with Leo's attitude and not with GK? Did you ignore the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, only one person insulted GK and they're a known troll that intensely dislikes GK irrespective of what's going on? I doubt the "fanboy public players" are related to this at all; jerkasses take over servers all the time. Go check the POM forums - I was often a "victim" on West POM when it was up and would do the proper thing and report them. I doubt you get any hate so much as random jerks decide they can take up a server and then you get pollbanned. I believe Mad Dawg already handled this for you as well.

GK is not an injured party because GK is not involved. This is Leonidas as an individual to the public. However, his actions reflect on your clan as a whole in at least some small way. I like plenty of GK members. I have no problem with GK as a whole. I /do/ have a problem when somebody causes huge amounts of drama when they lose instead of sucking it up, saying they'll get Rhade next tournament, and then moving on. If you're disappointed in me, I suppose a few other GKs are too considering Dragonhelm popped into my thread just to tell me how much I suck. ^^; I'm not sure how I advocated unfair play or spat on sportsmanship at all. At the end of the day, I respect the fact that Leo is a great player and that unlike rubbing it in his face (which I totally thought Rhade would do, no lie) Rhade did the equivalent of giving Leo a shake on the hand and a brofist. Considering I've said I respect Leo's abilities many times at this point, including -before- the match (not just in the aftermath) I'm not sure how you can say I'm an unfair person.

Kitten = totally Kitler, right? And the most respectable clan has got to be PRT or Balion.

MODIFY:

Futhermore, you're ignoring the condescending way Leo deflects arguments entirely with "well you don't understand how my style works" or "you are obviously a novice if you don't understand me". That, and the fact that the -entire- thing is sour grapes from him being poorly received in the community. As an individual, Leo garnered a hell of a lot of respect for himself and then decided to throw it away with a bunch of whining. If this tournament wasn't run to his taste, then in the conceiving of another one why doesn't he just chime in during the development process using the previous tournament as an example? Posting a bunch of *****ing and moaning about how you got second place with a relatively close result is pathetic. =x

Kitten-mew! said:
Kitten = totally Kitler, right?

01kitler.jpg

:shock:

Kitten, summed things up ever so nicely, however I would like to voice my agreement with his post.

Kitten-mew! said:
GK_Spartan said:

Did you miss the post where most of us said we had a problem with Leo's attitude and not with GK? Did you ignore the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, only one person insulted GK and they're a known troll that intensely dislikes GK irrespective of what's going on? I doubt the "fanboy public players" are related to this at all; jerkasses take over servers all the time. Go check the POM forums - I was often a "victim" on West POM when it was up and would do the proper thing and report them. I doubt you get any hate so much as random jerks decide they can take up a server and then you get pollbanned. I believe Mad Dawg already handled this for you as well.

GK is not an injured party because GK is not involved. This is Leonidas as an individual to the public. However, his actions reflect on your clan as a whole in at least some small way. I like plenty of GK members. I have no problem with GK as a whole. I /do/ have a problem when somebody causes huge amounts of drama when they lose instead of sucking it up, saying they'll get Rhade next tournament, and then moving on. If you're disappointed in me, I suppose a few other GKs are too considering Dragonhelm popped into my thread just to tell me how much I suck. ^^; I'm not sure how I advocated unfair play or spat on sportsmanship at all. At the end of the day, I respect the fact that Leo is a great player and that unlike rubbing it in his face (which I totally thought Rhade would do, no lie) Rhade did the equivalent of giving Leo a shake on the hand and a brofist. Considering I've said I respect Leo's abilities many times at this point, including -before- the match (not just in the aftermath) I'm not sure how you can say I'm an unfair person.

Kitten = totally Kitler, right? And the most respectable clan has got to be PRT or Balion.

MODIFY:

Futhermore, you're ignoring the condescending way Leo deflects arguments entirely with "well you don't understand how my style works" or "you are obviously a novice if you don't understand me". That, and the fact that the -entire- thing is sour grapes from him being poorly received in the community. As an individual, Leo garnered a hell of a lot of respect for himself and then decided to throw it away with a bunch of whining. If this tournament wasn't run to his taste, then in the conceiving of another one why doesn't he just chime in during the development process using the previous tournament as an example? Posting a bunch of *****ing and moaning about how you got second place with a relatively close result is pathetic. =x

You just asked what GK thought about him making these posts in one of your recent post. That involves us if I'm not mistaken. I'm not going to make this into drama though. If you think it's pathetic don't keep posting, it's poor sportsmanship. You did school me in some of the things you said -_-

What I mean is that Leo's actions as an individual are still reflecting on your clan. Which I really don't want it to do, because Krummy's Mom is Hot is making a good name for GK in my tournament, your 7-6 win vs. Rhade before your match with Leo was incredibly impressive, at least to me, and Leo is diminishing his own accomplishments by his attitude after the fact. I'll probably stop posting unless some glaring bit of logic fail drops on my head. Actually, Marnid will probably cover that as aptly as any other, so yeah. =< Sorry for making it look like I wanted to drag a clan into this.

Kitten-mew! said:
What I mean is that Leo's actions as an individual are still reflecting on your clan. Which I really don't want it to do, because Krummy's Mom is Hot is making a good name for GK in my tournament, your 7-6 win vs. Rhade before your match with Leo was incredibly impressive, at least to me, and Leo is diminishing his own accomplishments by his attitude after the fact. I'll probably stop posting unless some glaring bit of logic fail drops on my head. Actually, Marnid will probably cover that as aptly as any other, so yeah. =< Sorry for making it look like I wanted to drag a clan into this.
My comments earlier were out of protection of a clan member. Sorry. That's what clan mates do though, ya know?

GK_Spartan said:
My comments earlier were out of protection of a clan member. Sorry. That's what clan mates do though, ya know?

No...

If a clan member does or says something you don't have to agree just because they are in the same clan.

There are many times an Einherjar/Shieldings has done or said something where other clan members privately and publicly disagreed with their statement/actions.

Sometimes, you have to tell friends/clanmates/etc that they are being silly.

Leo, just admit it's your own fault. You aren't used to Fastest? Well now, is that Rhade's fault, or yours? You knew the speed could be chosen by someone else, I think it might have been a good idea to actually erm, practice. Also, the difference really isn't that big. I switch between medium and fastest all the time, and rarely notice a difference.

I like how leonidas thinks he was trapped in a circle. Did he get molested in a semi circle or something when he was little?

Does your script for feinting not work in a circle or something either?

Ruthven said:
Leo, just admit it's your own fault. You aren't used to Fastest? Well now, is that Rhade's fault, or yours? You knew the speed could be chosen by someone else, I think it might have been a good idea to actually erm, practice. Also, the difference really isn't that big. I switch between medium and fastest all the time, and rarely notice a difference.
That was the first match. He did practice for the finals quite a bit.

Ruthven said:
Not sure if you've ever fought him before but uh... He practiced on fastest in duel servers for a pretty long time. He's just as good, if not better, on fastest as he is on medium. Shouldn't really be criticizing people you never fought to be completely honest..

Yeah ruth you need to keep up with not just this time when rhade beat leonidas and excuses were thrown, but the last time it happened as well.

Here is the conclusion to the matter, Rhade and I have ended this. Let us all move on.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184459.75.html

it's me again, aw yeah

anyway, why not just fight again on an open field? leonidas feels like he was disadvantaged by the terrain, rhade seems confident he's better, it's a win win for both imo

it's not like you guys have to have a big organized tourney to fight each other, just pick a time and hop on a duel server, i'll make it easy, saturday at 4 EST

rhade, if you're so confident you can beat him on a terrain of his choosing (as your previous fight was on terrain of your choosing) you stand to lose nothing and prove you belong in the ELITE DUELIST ASSN
leonidas, you feel wronged by the terrain you should welcome the chance for a rematch on a more "even" field

i dont even understand why i have to suggest this ****. obviously you guys are about even skillwise, fight each other a lot, become better

maybe become friends
~tsundere ****~
ride off into the sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom