Native Completed KoA US Dueling Tournament

Should the next tournament be Medium or Fastest speed?

• Fastest

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Medium

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Faster (A middle ground perhaps??)

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheRealLeonidas said:
Rhade you are a skilled dueler, I give you that, but I feel every time we meet you have the upper hand and the cards are stacked against me. Whether its me with no fastest experience in our first duel, or recently me having to fight you in an environment that drastically changes the way that I am used to playing .

It's your own fault. Shown here:
TheRealLeonidas said:
And the problem is solved I have agreed to duel Rhade in the Arena. I won't take a supposed advantage.
TheRealLeonidas said:
I will not back down from a challenge so I will fight you in the ring. And if that is not enough maybe we can do a duel where we are both standing still.

How many times does he have to beat you for you to admin he's the better player? Or is it just once more where you're both standing still?

TheRealLeonidas said:
This is seriously getting ridiculous.

peers said:
How many times does he have to beat you for you to admin he's the better player? Or is it just once more where you're both standing still?
As a point of information: to determine if anyone is really better than anyone, it has to be over a period of a month or so consistently in varying situations. Two matches in a duel tourney isn't going to show it. Besides, this isn't determining who's the better player. Despite how much I dislike Rhade, I would call it unfair if Rhade had lost for Leo to say he's the best player in the NA. It just doesn't work like that.

nickdean10 said:
MadocComadrin said:
Can it be a naked melee jav tourney?
Sexy  :lol:
Aye, we can fight to see who's javelin is longer.  :lol:

Hey guys, lets leave these arguments for a bit. Ive got a fun proposal regarding the duel tournies.

Ive been thinking about hosting something like a 'NA super cup', which is basically a 1-match short tourny that involves the current NA champion (Rhade) duelling the previous champion (M) in a first to 15 (or 7 if they prefer a shorter one). Considering both of them have never fought each other in a formal tourny (Rhade missed the chance by losing to X on FC), and everyone's probably eager to know how the fight between these two legendary duelist will go, I suggest the two arrange a match and duel it out. :wink:

From what Ive seen Rhade has 80+ ping on PRT_Duel and M has 90+. So if we host it there it would be mostly fair ping-wise. Speed and other details, of course, shall be settled by our 2 contestants. What do you say, champs? :mrgreen:

peers said:
TheRealLeonidas said:
Rhade you are a skilled dueler, I give you that, but I feel every time we meet you have the upper hand and the cards are stacked against me. Whether its me with no fastest experience in our first duel, or recently me having to fight you in an environment that drastically changes the way that I am used to playing .

It's your own fault. Shown here:
TheRealLeonidas said:
And the problem is solved I have agreed to duel Rhade in the Arena. I won't take a supposed advantage.
TheRealLeonidas said:
I will not back down from a challenge so I will fight you in the ring. And if that is not enough maybe we can do a duel where we are both standing still.

TheRealLeonidas said:
This is seriously getting ridiculous.

Perhaps you missed this quote a few lines down from the one you pulled.

Re: KoA US Dueling Tournament
« Reply #1154 on: July 19, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »

Modify
    Remove

Quote from: Mr.X on July 19, 2011, 07:32:09 PM

Guys, leo agreed to fighting inside.
    /arguement.

This was my response to Mr.X after I reflected on the issue and got council from a friend.

You know I was thinking, he always chooses the speed, he always chooses the server, and now he actually asking to choose the way we fight, in the arena. All of this on top of the fact I have to beat him twice. After thinking about this, I have decided to fight however I want to. That means in the open. There are no rules governing this which means its my choice. I will fight how i fight.

Here is the thread if you want to read it in its context.  Bottom of page 77

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151302.1140.html

MadocComadrin said:
Actually, I was hoping ealabor would let me use the Roman gladiator equipment from Hegemony 268BC, and do something like the tournaments in Native. I feel like having more than two people fighting at a time would be fun, too. Not sure if I should do FFA or teams though. We'll see, and of course this all depends on if I can get permission on the items or not.

I think I'll just say this, in all seriousness to Leonidas:

There's no rule saying you have to stay in the ring during a duel. There are 2 aisles you can use to run outside, or if you've got space you can jump the walls. Nobody forced you to stay inside.

Orion said:
I think I'll just say this, in all seriousness to Leonidas:

There's no rule saying you have to stay in the ring during a duel. There are 2 aisles you can use to run outside, or if you've got space you can jump the walls. Nobody forced you to stay inside.
John decided before the match, I believe.

Ruthven said:
MadocComadrin said:
Actually, I was hoping ealabor would let me use the Roman gladiator equipment from Hegemony 268BC, and do something like the tournaments in Native. I feel like having more than two people fighting at a time would be fun, too. Not sure if I should do FFA or teams though. We'll see, and of course this all depends on if I can get permission on the items or not.

Quick! Everybody gang Marnid first!

MadocComadrin said:
John decided before the match, I believe.

Orion said:
There's no rule saying you have to stay in the ring during a duel.

John decided it would be started in the ring. Nothing stops you from running out of it mid-duel, and if John made up a rule on the spot about it everybody in the server would have been on his ass. If Leo didn't want to get cornered in a circle ( :lol: ) he could have retreated outside, no harm, no foul.

TheRealLeonidas said:
You know I was thinking, he always chooses the speed, he always chooses the server, and now he actually asking to choose the way we fight, in the arena.

You know I was thinking...you complain a LOT.

TheRealLeonidas said:
You know I was thinking, he always chooses the speed, he always chooses the server, and now he actually asking to choose the way we fight, in the arena.

Not to hassle you Leonidas, but you forced me into your server and that if I might say GODAWFUL map and therefore choosing how we fought, which is your way. You get it your way sometimes, and others you don't. This tourney isn't all that important.

nickdean10 said:
TheRealLeonidas said:

Not to hassle you Leonidas, but you forced me into your server and that if I might say GODAWFUL map and therefore choosing how we fought, which is your way. You get it your way sometimes, and others you don't. This tourney isn't all that important.

Nick when we fought my seeding was higher  therefore I chose my speed preference(at that time I didn't know anything about fastest dueling. Also Because of my horrible graphics card at the time, the only place I got decent frame rate was the GK Duel Map. Its just a huge wide open Area. So I didn't think it would hinder your game play. 

Comparing that to Rhade asking for the duel to be in the Ring is comparing apples to oranges.

Rhade was making that request, and at first I agreed to it, but on reflection I later said no, lets fight in the open. Despite this well chronicled exchange about the nature of the final duel. John still chose to put us in there, for anyone who wants to read up on the discussion before the finals fight you can start here (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151302.1110.html) and read through page 78,
it might also give you an understanding why I am frustrated about the Final being called to be in the ring at the last moment. It also explains why I  Typed the "?" when John said the fight was going to be in the ring the day of the final when I entered the server. Rhade was also standing in the ring oddly enough when I got there. When I asked what we were going to do that day I asked because Rhade was sitting in the Ring. I came there thinking the fight was going to be in the open, but when I saw him just standing there, I asked. John then decided right there.

At the end of the day the tournament is over and Rhade is the winner I did the best I could given the situation I was put in, I just hope in the future tournaments are not run in this manner. 

Where Mr. X lured him into an alley, had a bunch of PRT roughnecks force him to the ground, and then beat him senseless with a winged mace? Yeah, that's how I remember it. Obviously. Dirty cheater X! <.<; <3

Are you seriously complaining about fighting in the ring? Try and lose with some dignity intact (see: Morii - EU Duel Tournament) because right now, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Obviously, you're a very skilled duelist, so I find it hard to understand why you would debase that, by kicking up a fuss about something so unimportant. If you really think that fighting in the ring lost you the duel, think again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom