Native Completed KoA US Dueling Tournament

Should the next tournament be Medium or Fastest speed?

• Fastest

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Medium

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Faster (A middle ground perhaps??)

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhade said:
Now all of a sudden it's not so much "how does my style match up against X", it's blending styles and cohesion and all KINDS OF CRAZY ****.

You flatter me. I doubt everyone compares their style to mine, though I'm sure most do :lol:

Rhade said:
I was thinking of running one, but that would mean I couldn't compete, so **** that.

Also, I have some new ideas, a very basic overview of one -- I was thinking maybe each "team" or clan will sign up with 3, 4, 5, or 6 people, idk. It will be a two versus two duel set-up, and each time someone dies, someone from that side unsheathes their sword and jumps in. This is done until one team runs out of people. It will be done inside the arena, and with both teams standing on their own sides of the ledge of the arena, swords sheathed.

I think it will add in a lot of new dynamics. Do you send in your strongest fighters first, or save them til the end? etc etc. Duo fighting is even more in depth than single duels, and while I love them, maybe we can host two different tournaments at the same time. I think three is too much of a cluster****, but most of the duo duels I've seen have been epic. Vanidar and I fought Gravish and his sister, i think it was, one time -- I forgot her name -- but it was fun.

Now all of a sudden it's not so much "how does my style match up against X", it's blending styles and cohesion and all KINDS OF CRAZY ****.

I proposed this quite some time ago in the K-BOOB thread as a "stock match", unless I'm drunkenly misinterpreting this. :neutral:

findecanno said:
I guess third best duelist in NA isn't too shabby(at least according to this tournament, so many people dropped out though, we really should do another(maybe not run by john, no offense.)

Somes like you two had some gfs, I look forward to watching the recording.

Don't you mean 4th, I am pretty sure I had a positive KDR on you, you just got the best of me when it mattered  :lol:

Mr.X said:
Rhade said:

You flatter me. I doubt everyone compares their style to mine, though I'm sure most do :lol:

God damnit, I forgot there was actually someone named X.

SO FORGETTABLE.

Rhade said:
I was thinking of running one, but that would mean I couldn't compete, so **** that.
:grin:

Anyway, I like the 2vs2 idea. Would probably need refs though, as it's a little more complicated than a duel and there's no dedicated mode. I can see problems arising, if one guy is getting antsy, waiting to jump in and accidentally takes his sword out. Maybe some kind of waiting area... I guess you could use the pits in the arena, although that might leave people a little far from the fight.

Rhade said:

Also, I have some new ideas, a very basic overview of one -- I was thinking maybe each "team" or clan will sign up with 3, 4, 5, or 6 people, idk. It will be a two versus two duel set-up, and each time someone dies, someone from that side unsheathes their sword and jumps in. This is done until one team runs out of people. It will be done inside the arena, and with both teams standing on their own sides of the ledge of the arena, swords sheathed.
Good idea.  I've thought many times to bounce a tournament off of the 3 Man Team Arena Style Combat from the Balion B4 event.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,161192.0.html
1 Shield and Sword, 1 Shield and Spear, 1 2hander.  It was probably the funnest event to watch.  Of course we had 4 teams in the arena at one time just for the sake of time but the concept could easily transition to a 2-3 Man Team Duel Tournament.  I believe all the participants enjoyed it.

I'll be sure to participate in the next dueling tournament, I didn't see this one until it was too late ^^ Congrats Rhade and Leo, and Beer and African too

Vid from Rhade's POV is up. I put it in a thread of its own to avoid cluttering up this one.

Link in thread here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184459.0.html

This is on the heart of GK_MA_Leonidas this is how I truly feel.

I honestly was a little upset and puzzled, that John chose to have the fight in the Ring.  When that happened I new Rhade would have an advantage due to the fact,

1. I wouldn't be able get enough distance on Rhade to stay balanced on him at all times.

2. All my fights previous in the duel tourney and all my practice bouts had been outside the ring. Literally I had close to 0  experience fighting in there. (When I had agreed to fight in the Ring briefly before our fight I spent about a half hour in there dueling one day last week, but that's about it. But then on the advice of a friend, I said that I wanted to fight outside the ring.

3. I would be forced to fight at your pace. Literally a few steps in and we would be within strike range, because of the range of the great sword.

4. My style is based upon patience and defense and distance control(what noobs of less skill call backpedaling), its more of a thinking mans style. I wouldn't be able to use it in there.

So you can imagine I was quite surprised to jump out to a 3 - 0 lead.

It was then I feel Rhade got smart and  started to use the environment. And if you notice from the footage he started to herd me into the wall, A lot of times in the footage you will see me trying to get away from the wall, which a lot of times opened me up for attack. This is a situation I am not use to because I am used to keeping my opponent from closing in on me like that unless I want them too, and when they do  I know exactly what to do because I am prepared, because I set it up to happen that way.

I didn't lose that match at the end, I lost it in the middle when I think Rhade went 4 - 0. If you notice with all those deaths they took place near a wall, with my back to it. I couldn't play my game or style I was forced to play the style he dictated.

Rhade you are a skilled dueler, I give you that, but I feel every time we meet you have the upper hand and the cards are stacked against me. Whether its me with no fastest experience in our first duel, or recently me having to fight you in an environment that drastically changes the way that I am used to playing . For those who are casual observers, or don't know how I fight this might seem like a bunch of sore losing, but to those who are students of the game, you understand exactly what I am talking about.

John for some reason didn't understand that he was severely crippling me  when he forced the duel in there. I don't understand the logic, If in fact I had to beat Rhade twice why wouldn't he at least put the  duels out in the open. Give me a chance to spread my wings and be free. I think my style more than any other player in Warband relies on distance. I don't think I could have beat Beer in that Ring either. If you look at the footage of Beer and I, I was in control of that fight, I dictated the pace using my style of play. Look how I was able to swoop in and out at my leisure, anyone that knows me, knows that's how I fight.

About those who think Rhade was equally handicapped by him being in the ring, you don't have much knowledge of this game. Rhade has an aggressive in your face approach to dueling, being in a close quarter situation actually maximizes his skill set. To be honest I am surprised  I made it as close as it was given the fact that I had to adapt and evolve on the fly.

All that being said, I think the tournaments need to stop, until we can figure out away to strip away all potential advantages players can have. I know this is a bomb being dropped,  but I just have to call it the way I see it. I am not going to join another one of these tournaments until it can be insured that it is truly fair.

And John this tournament had been mishandled from the beginning but I stuck in there, and just when you had the chance to pull this thing out into something decent, you decide to essentially give one of the best duelers in Warband an advantage by essentially taking away the fighting style of his opponent essentially making him fight with one of his hands behind his back. There  wasn't even a rule governing this. You just made it out of thin air. What kind of tournament management is that. It really is one of two things, its either you lacked the sophistication to understand what putting the match in the ring would do , or you wanted to give Rhade and advantage, neither of those  possibilities are flattering.

I guess the biggest question is, me knowing all of this before hand why did I accept? The answer is simple because this tournament had produced enough drama and also people came to see a final, not a debate about the circumstances of that final.

I have nothing against Rhade he plays the hands that he gets dealt and he maximizes his opportunities to win. And Rhade if you didn't care if the fight was in the Ring, why were you  waiting in it when I arrived.

All be honest with you all, this whole experience, the disparaging of my play style, the insulting of my clan, the unfair advantages, this was the last tournament you will ever see me in. You can take that to the bank and cash it.

Rhade I will ask you an honest question, do you believe that this tournament even once put us on even ground to have a  fair fight?

And my next question is do you feel this tournament, has settled who is better between us given everything I just said?

1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

TheRealLeonidas said:
I will not hold your sore losing against you, I understand you would have liked to have won, and your talk is coming from frustration.

You can call it that African, but it doesn't negate my points. Anyone that knows me will tell you if he had beat me in the open field, I would say nothing but good job.

And so it begins. And so it should end.

Rhade won the tournament, you put up a hell of a fight and it was a good conclusion to the tournament. GG and gf's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom