Knighthood custom order - decreasing time of upgrading

Users who are viewing this thread

sorry for this post but i would like to know if there's any method to decrease the amount of days to upgrade your knights  :lol: (and yes i used the search in all the forum but i didn't find anything --,-)

If you want to cheat, just spawn yourself in 20,000 Noldor to hold the castle and teleport yourself to the middle of the ocean to wait out the upgrade times.

Part of the balance of having CMKHO is having those upgrade times, otherwise you'd have a 400 day old character with their own supply of Noldor-tier badasses to curb stomp Pendor like Ulric does a farmer.

I do believe upgrade time relates to cost of items. Morgh's Editor lets you change item prices but that may have other averse effects on your game!

[Insert John Goodman meme here]

Am I the only one here who actually likes the long upgrade time?

From a game design standpoint I think it functions very well. In the games I've played it serves as a nice incentive to play through that mid-late game slog where you're too strong to be defeated but not yet strong enough to go on a map-wiping rampage. If I had my CKO's significantly earlier the game would be a foregone conclusion and the endgame would be just a simple grind, and I doubt the game would hold my interest enough to play through to the very end. As it is it's a nice end-game reward and once I have them fully upgraded they come in at just the right time to make the end-game mop-up much easier. 

I usually have them upgrading while I'm out grinding levels and qualis gems, so one hardly notices.

Except when they finish an upgrade and I am across the map. Have to run back to get them started on the next item...

personally, my end games take so long that the upgrade time does not bother me at all. on the other hand, if your steward has trade and engineer at lvl 10, time and cost of upgrades are ridiculously small. so i don't see the fuzz with upgrading the cko.

Montague said:
[Insert John Goodman meme here]

Am I the only one here who actually likes the long upgrade time?

From a game design standpoint I think it functions very well. In the games I've played it serves as a nice incentive to play through that mid-late game slog where you're too strong to be defeated but not yet strong enough to go on a map-wiping rampage. If I had my CKO's significantly earlier the game would be a foregone conclusion and the endgame would be just a simple grind, and I doubt the game would hold my interest enough to play through to the very end. As it is it's a nice end-game reward and once I have them fully upgraded they come in at just the right time to make the end-game mop-up much easier.
That sums up nicely why the upgrade times and costs are such. We also didn't want the CKO to overshadow the established orders too soon, so players would actually want to use them,

Really, once I get a few lords in my kingdom (say 5+)*** I can go on an anti-castle campaign very easily. Thus netting more castles for more lords. By the time you hit 10+ you can really easily take towns, and by 15+ or 20+ you can own all of Pendor.

The one time I took all of Pendor, my CKO was only really involved in the first few battles (to capture the first few lords) and then the first few castle assaults. Past that, there were so many allied troops I basically only had my companions spawn in... so I had them all Noldored and Maltised up from the instant I pressed button to become a King, but they didn't do much for me. But they were amusing to watch the few times I had them lined up and shooting stuff :smile:

*** You may prefer to use companion lords, there's no loss if you use ones that weren't part of your party before, or are planning to readjust your party and don't need some of them.

MadVader said:
We also didn't want the CKO to overshadow the established orders too soon, so players would actually want to use them,
Yes, the fact that some other orders can be built with just cash is very nice. My plan to put chapters of the Clarion Call everywhere, and give the fiefs to the husband will hopefully allow the ultimate cavalry spam force.

Back
Top Bottom