Native Completed Kitten's Team Inspiration Tournament (K-TIT)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will be locked on Wednesday, May 4th, 2011. Drafting of basic rules will begin between then and the proceeding Friday, from where registration will start and last for at least two weeks. The next tournament, due to various opinions (which I am all too happy to oblige!), will be another battle tournament with similar rules. I -urge- you to find teammates for the next battle who will reliably show up so we can stage a respectable 7 vs. 7 every step of the way. Between now and Wednesday is your chance to leave input for the next tournament so that I can work my hardest to put up the best one I can.

THE FINAL STANDINGS!

1st: GIAF: 7.0/7.0, 94 points.

2nd: NAAS: 5.0/7.0, 90 points.

3rd: JPUBES: 5.0/7.0, 74 points.

4th: cRPG: 4.0/7.0, 58 points

5th: BsK: 3.0/7.0, 65 points.

6th: TR: 3.0/7.0, 51 points.

7th: GK: 2.0/7.0, 70 points.

8th: ToRJ: 0.0/7.0, 13 points.

Well done to GIAF for their undefeated victory and to all participating teams!

Team numbers will be at -least- allowed to go up to 12. To be honest, I underestimated the amount of players that would sign up; that's why the ceiling was so low. It may go up to even 14.

I'd rather introduce a maximum standard, rely on people to be responsible and handle the minimum standard, and keep it like that. Having varying numbers reduces the legitimacy of a tournament as a whole; who's to say that 9 vs. 9 and 7 vs. 7 and 12 vs. 12 yield the same results? It's better to have a straight standard and keep it like that, I think. ^^;

On top of that, not every team would be able to increase that amount of people; a large team tournament may occur (or even be run side by side) but I don't know if I'm able to handle two at once. Maybe. I was discussing running four events at one time with peers. >.>;

The OP will be updated when the final statement is released; the final statement will be both the last post and put on the OP so that whoever browses this thread later on will get a good gander at it one way or another. :3 Actually, I'll just put the final results there now and release them again with the final statement. Good idea!

BkS_NomNom on grounds of fatness, imo. :neutral: Anyways, feedback has been provided on many aspects. Will provide a list after I'm done nomming my dinner.

Some issues and concerns that were raised that I will be aiming to fix:

-Repairing the low 'ceiling' for teams. 9 is too low for a tournament requires at least 7 players; this limit will be raised up to at least 12. I underestimated the amount of players in the community that would be interested and this will help to make sure that teams have 7 on hand to play matches. I still urge you to recruit people who will be available 99% of the time or more!

-Round robin styled tournaments have less 'hype' to them than an elimination style tournament. On the other hand, round robin tournaments offer equal amounts of playtime to all players. I have a basic idea to fix this. From now on, the tournament will play as a round robin and -then- the highest placed teams (say, top four) will move on to a single elimination portion. This gives both motivation to play and win all of your matches, grants playtime to everybody instead of two-and-done for some teams, and produces quite a bit of hype and excitement once the final bracket rolls around. :smile:

-Tiebreaker "fixing". I don't know if I can do anything about this. I personally can't watch every match and I have no tournament staff (unlike the fun of the Nation's Cup!) which leaves me on my own. I don't mind this, but I just trust the honesty of our community to have real, hard-fought matches. :smile: Everything went swimmingly this tournament, so well done on the players parts for being awesome!

-Prizes. This isn't a problem for players (everyone seems happy to just be playing and for prestige points being the prize) so much as me. I want to reward the effort put out by players, but I don't have the resources to. If I get a job, though, there's going to be t-shirts raining all over the damn place.

-peers is too fat and counts for three people, therefore putting BkS over the team limit. :sad: This one is being worked on, we ordered some workout DvDs for peers but he hasn't looked at them. 'cause we put them at his feet. DOHOHOHOHOHOHO.

Kitten-mew! said:
-Prizes. This isn't a problem for players (everyone seems happy to just be playing and for prestige points being the prize) so much as me. I want to reward the effort put out by players, but I don't have the resources to. If I get a job, though, there's going to be t-shirts raining all over the damn place.

Don't worry about this. I hope speak for everyone when I say that people are in it for 'cuz it's fun.

MrNomNom said:
Kitten-mew! said:

Don't worry about this. I hope speak for everyone when I say that people are in it for 'cuz it's fun.

Easy there buddy, my xbox is broken and I don't have a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom