Native Completed Kitten's Team Inspiration Tournament (K-TIT)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten-mew!

Knight at Arms
K-TIT: Because Kitten has a thing for naughty acronyms.

With the conclusion of Fortinbras' dueling tournament and the rise of John's like-minded endeavor, I feel that it is time for the NA community to reach for the stars. Failing that, a team tournament should do just fine.​

Registration Rules
Because getting a bunch of sweaty men in armor together has always been my dream.

-Registration will begin now and end on the the 16th of February (2/16/11).​
-Late registration will not be accepted; the late registration penalty rule exists for future events.​
-Tournament should (issues notwithstanding) begin on February 19th, Saturday!​
-Registering during the late registration period will incur a map-faction pick penalty in the first match. See the match rules for details.​

-Teams will consist of up to nine players with a minimum of seven.​
-If a team is left with less than seven members during the tournament, they may choose to continue or drop. In the event that they choose to continue, they will have until three days before their next match to find a substitute and notify both their opponent and myself.​
-There will be severe penalties (including disqualification) for intentionally dropping out members of your team to invoke the above rule so that you can recruit in the middle of the tournament. Such behavior is unsportsmanlike and unacceptable.​
-There is no limit on entrants nor are there any constrictions based on clan affiliation. So long as they agree, you may form a team with anyone.​

Team Submission Rules:
-A team name should be recognizable. Try to make it witty like: Anuslover Porkpackers. Alright, maybe a little less witty.
-All team members. Note that you may add or remove members from your team during the registration period but not during late registration.
-Should you replace or remove a team member, please notify me by PM and I will make a correction on the team page.
-Contact information should be provided for your leader, preferably at least two means. The primary method of contact will be PM.
-If you submit an email address, please make sure it is one that you check frequently - leaders may be updated frequently with tournament information.
-If you wish to submit information that you would rather keep under wraps, PM me and simply add that you have submitted information to the TO.​

Tournament Rules:
-To be victorious in the overall match, a team must win two out of three matches - a set.
-Seven won rounds = one won match. Two won matches out of three = one won set. One won set = one happy team.

-In the future, the first team to pick their map will be the lower seed. As we have no present system for seed assignment, we will either manually assign seeds or present each team with an alternating schedule.
-To clarify, picking works like this. Team 1 picks Ruins. Team 2 picks Swadia. Team 1 picks Rhodocks. If Team 2 loses, then it will be: Team 2 picks Nord Town. Team 1 picks Nords. Team 2 picks Vaegirs.

-Banned maps are Random Plains/Steppe Large and Forest Hideout for obvious balance issues.
-Mirror matches are not allowed (Nords vs. Nords, Vaegirs vs. Vaegirs, etc).

-The number of players for a match should always be seven. If a team has seven players and another has nine, both teams should play with seven and the second team will have the benefit of the rule below. If one team has seven or more and the other team has less then seven players, the team with less then seven players may choose to play with that amount of people. It is up to the discretion of the other team as to whether they want to play with seven or match their opponent's numbers.
-Between each match, both teams may substitute any amount of players for any amount of the players they have in reserve. There are no rules about your starting lineup.

-I hope you're all mature enough to understand that our sponsors are kind enough to provide their servers for our use. Please follow all server rules. Excessive or flagrant abuse of any server rules may result in removal from the tournament.
-The same goes for respecting your opponent. Some trash talk is perfectly fine, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. If the TO receives enough complaints, your team may be removed or a member may be benched for the duration of the tournament.

-The standard denars allotted to each side will be 1500 to start with and an additional 500 per round. Those of you who frequent Central POM will be familiar with this.
-Negotiations about each match will be handled by the teams themselves. Below are listed our sponsors for the tournament who have been kind enough to let us use servers of varying speeds and locations.​

Sponsors
Knights of Pomerania - USA_East_POM (Fastest)
The Kingdom of Veluca - US_TKoV_Official (Fastest)
Kingdom of Avalon - Avalon_KoA_Server (Medium/Faster/Fastest)
Balion Guard/Balion Mercenaries - Balion_War_Room (Medium)
Golden Kingdom - US_GK_Server (Medium)
Paladins of the Round Table - PRT_Battle (Medium)
Black Shields - BkS_Central (Fastest)

For the love of god, read all of the rules.
This thread is currently a work in progress; information and rules are subject to change. Please check it frequently for updates!

Teams & Free Agents

Free Agents
These players are looking for a team!
<Name>: <Preferred faction> - <Preferred class> - <Time zone>
Ex: TKC_Kitten: Vaegirs - Infantry - Eastern.
CoR_captainlust - Any - Archer/Crossbowman - European (?).
Lenton: Anything but Khergits - Infantry/Archer - Eastern.
Narthir: Anything - Infantry/Cavalry - Eastern.
Mat_Cauthon: Rhodoks - Anything- Central.

The PTK pr0z
CHESTO!!!
Captains: PTK_KelquethaS, PTK_Master_Unicorn.
Players: PTK_Beowulf661, PTK_Boudin, PTK_Tretzma, PTK_Adoptagoat, PTK_EpicBeardMan, PTK_Hoboticus, PTK_Holo_Steel.
Time zone(s): Eastern / Central
Preferred server and speed: PTK_Server - Faster.

Justin Bieber Puberty Team
Proving size doesn't matter!
Captains: POM_Zero.
Players: BigBoss, Hero_of_Hiroshima, Blado_Madmaxo, POM_Chill_Brah, POM_nickdean16, POM_Ravenstein, Sheepskin_Seatcovers, POM_Ash_Tre.
Time zone(s): Central.
Preferred server and speed: USA_East_POM - Fastest.
Contact: PM POM_Zero or contact him on Steam at ZERO. May be easy to obtain info via friends-of-friends.

BsK
spaz, silence thine mouth, for Sir Van is purchasing me a subway.
Captain: Bsk_Vaginar (Swift_zerg).
Players: BsK_Rhadge (spaz_zerg), BsK_Cryrian (Antigone_zerg), BsK_teers(Lu_Bu_zerg), BsK_KryKry (SaltedSlug_zerg), BsK_Hogargles (ROXHARD_zerg), Strango_zerg, Joel_zerg, Faye.
Time zone(s): Eastern.

Team Ganjanisafaggot
Saltier than Mr. Peanut's nuts.
Captain: BkS_Rhade.
Players: BkS_Vanidar, BkS_peers, BkS_Tyrian, BkS_Littleguy, BkS_Harn, BkS_Search, CommissarK, African.
Time zone(s): Various; for any scheduling conflicts, please contact the TO.

Team N.A.A.S & B
Warning: Player list may cause need to buy new pants.
Captain: PRT_Salahudin, Balion_Capt_Mad_Dawg.
Players: PRT_Beer, PRT_Mr.X, KoA_King_John, nK_LordHasek, Scott_Ray, TMW_Warden_Kherven, Balion_Lokkith.
Time zone(s): Eastern, Western, Central. No south-side, gangsta.
Preferred server and speed: PRT_Battle - Medium.
Contact: PM Salahudin or Mad Dawg. Alternatively, post in the N.A.A.S thread.

Team Drunkard and Associates
Missing Beer, ironically!
Captain: PRT_Drunkard, PRT_Kazzap.
Players: PRT_Rethmeier, PRT_Blacktide, PRT_5arge, PRT_Viglaf, PRT_Shozen, PRT_Tigerclaw, PRT_Temujin.
Time zone(s): Primarily Eastern and Central. Early games and/or weekends preferred as Viglaf is a Dane.
Preferred server and speed: PRT_Battle - Medium.

Team DeFormity
Reminder: This is a non-team due to dropping.
Captain: spade.
Players: Swagger, JulioJones, NigerianKnightmare, Stanky_NunNun, KoA_Waffles, Elthore, KoA_King_John, African.
Time zone(s): Central, Eastern.

The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet
Bringing tragedies to your battlefield!
Captain: ToRJ_Montague (TMW_Picket_Catholic).
Players: ToRJ_Friar_John (TMW_Picket_Kohath),  ToRJ_Captain_Prince (DoF_S_William), ToRJ_Friar_Lawrence (TMW_Picket_Rurin), ToRJ_Capulet_Tybalt (TMW_Picket_Clockwise), ToRJ_Nurse (DoF_M_Ifrit), ToRJ_Montague_Romeo (DoF_Suriell), ToRJ_Capulet (DoF_IR_Duncan), ToRJ_Montague_Benvolio (The_Lonely_Hawk).
Time zone(s): Mainly Eastern, Central.
Preferred server and speed: None - Medium.
Contact: Catholic; Steam (ArmyRaiders) or XFire (ChaosRaiders).

NomNom's Terrible Turtle Riders
The title makes sense, thanks for asking.
Captain: Mr. NomNom
Players: POM_Ganjan, Xaboo, Soogie, Jesus, Wappaw_Mafioso, Wappaw_Nails, Wappaw_AarontheBaron, Wappaw_THOR.
Time zone(s): ?

Krummy's Mom is Hot
No, really, she is!
Captain: GK_Sgt_Taurnil
Players: Ghaern, DemonXero, Beowulf, Dragonhelm, Vendigr, DomDeLuise, Wolflo, and Charns.
Time zone(s): Eastern.
Preferred server and speed: US_GK_Server - Medium.

The cRPG Fearsome and Goddamn Sexy
Everyone who plays cRPG is a fag. This is common knowledge.
Captain: DeafeningFlood, ManOfWar_Takeda
Players: Dan_ATS, Guts_ATS, Dexxtaa_RS, Rhuell_RS, Hudson_RS, Canary_RS, TommyHu.
Time zone(s): Varying.
Preferred server and speed: To be decided.
Contact: PM Deafening or message him on Steam: Deafening203.

Round Pairings and Scoring
KTIT.png

Matches & Timing
Each round will go through a time period as follows:
-Round 1: February 19th-26th.
Round 2: February 27th-March 5th.
Round 3: March 6th-12th.
Round 4: March 13th-19th.
Round 5: March 20th-26th.
Round 6: March 27th-April 2st.
Round 7: April 3nd-9th.
Round 8: April 10th-16th.
Round 9: April 17th-23nd.
Round 10: April 24rd-May 1st.
Round 11: May 2st-9th.​

May 9th will be used for scoring and the champion will be crowned! Thank you for both your support and registration, and best of luck - the competition is fierce out there!​

THE FINAL STANDINGS!

1st: GIAF: 7.0/7.0, 94 points.

2nd: NAAS: 5.0/7.0, 90 points.

3rd: JPUBES: 5.0/7.0, 74 points.

4th: cRPG: 4.0/7.0, 58 points

5th: BsK: 3.0/7.0, 65 points.

6th: TR: 3.0/7.0, 51 points.

7th: GK: 2.0/7.0, 70 points.

8th: ToRJ: 0.0/7.0, 13 points.

Well done to GIAF for their undefeated victory and to all participating teams!

Moved to the Guildhall, as this is not a clan tournament. Nice idea and it'll be starting right at the 5-a-side tournament finishes (Americans are more than welcome to sign up for that too btw).

As you haven't specified, I'm assuming Europeans are allowed. If so, I'd certainly like to join, in some capacity.

I will probably be participating as soon as I find others interested. Is there any kind of clan restrictions? (Like no more than 2 people from the same clan on the same team?)

findecanno said:
I will probably be participating as soon as I find others interested. Is there any kind of clan restrictions? (Like no more than 2 people from the same clan on the same team?)

None whatsoever. If PRT wanted to put a team of nine PRT players up, then they would be entirely welcome to. If Doomcraft, Rhade, Akmar, FlamingMonkey, Kitten, Kelquethas, and Beer (you! <3) want to form a team, that is perfectly fine as well. Well, other than that I won't be entering due to, y'know, running the tournament.

IndustrialKnight said:
I would join, but I dont have a team....
Are we allowed to spectate matches?

I would leave this up to the teams in question. Some might complain about server lag, but with a reasonable limit on spectators I don't see too much harm. Find a match you like when the pairings are up and PM one of the captains from one of the teams! They might be able to give you the password so you can watch. :smile:

captain lust said:
Moved to the Guildhall, as this is not a clan tournament. Nice idea and it'll be starting right at the 5-a-side tournament finishes (Americans are more than welcome to sign up for that too btw).

As you haven't specified, I'm assuming Europeans are allowed. If so, I'd certainly like to join, in some capacity.

Thank you for the prudent shifting of this thread! I'd be more than glad to have European teams participating in this tournament. While it's based in North America, European teams will be happily received and given the same fair arbitration and treatment as any other team.

jon1414 said:
Will a team have the option of having a name ?

Like: Team Example    Tag: TE

Yes, and I would encourage it! If you want to add it on to the end of your name, that'd be fine. For example: TKC_Kitten_TO. Tournament Organizers, my own team! We'll just ban everyone and win, right? <3

Yes. I will be holding a Scratch post for players that do not have a team but are interested in the tournament. You can then pick players from this section and fill up your ranks, if need be!

I've added NomNom to the Free Agents section in the team information post. If you would like to be placed there, please send me a PM or post in this thread!

I may, or may not, be founding the 'oldy crotchety society of warband oldies'. OLDIES_Your_Name_Here

Since lust says the timing will work out with his tourney, I'll most likely be participating in, if not leading, a team. The tournaments are great for the community, keep up the good work!

captain lust said:
Yeah, sign me up as a free agent too. *stickied*

Aww, how does he get a sticky faster than me :sad:

Just to be clear, don't add me to the player ads yet, I'm gonna work on getting a team together myself first.

Note: When you have completed your team, submit it and I will add it to the second post in the thread. An example might be:

The Kitten Crusaders
We'll gnaw at your toesies!
Captain: TKC_Kitten
Players: TKC_Verily, TKC_Tedman, TKC_Splorsh, TKC_DarkSpirit, TKC_Eeky, TKC_Taura, TKC_Viperior, TKC_Jessica_Ushiromiya.
Time zones: Eastern (Kitten, Splorsh, Tedman), Midwest (Verily, Eeky, Viperior), West (Darkspirit, Taura, Jessica Ushiromiya).
Preferred server and speed: East POM, Fastest.
Contact: PM or email at thisisasampleemaildon'[email protected]

You can make it fancy, but that's a pretty decent start. Think big banners! Big rivalries! Big ego! Big plastic to compensate for small impact!

Sounds fun...that is until...and I can totally see this one team decides to roll all archers as vaegir and makes someone sore, namely myself.

Anyways, I wanna be in this shiet, if not with my fellow zerglings, then with some other praoz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom